Whats your solution to the Fermi paradox?

You mean I can‘t assume that they have the desire to expand?

That‘s true, but it would only need to apply to a single one of them. If they have the desire for expansion (be it for profit, xenophobia or whatever) we can assume they would do it exponentially.
It’s not about the desire to expand. It’s about the way they think which could be totally different to ours, different rules on how they behave, calculate things etc. which means they might not expand in a reckless way which would endanger their species etc

• +1
Reactions: Bars and Akhi
It’s not about the desire to expand. It’s about the way they think which could be totally different to ours, different rules on how they behave, calculate things etc. which means they might not expand in a reckless way which would endanger their species etc
Yes, but my point still stands.

Humanity would definitely expand exponentially if it was feasible and profitable economically.

If we assume there are a few developed species out there, at least one of them should have that same desire. (And there is only need for 1 of them)

But we have no signs of it, so there are probably none besides us.

Last edited:
Yes, but my point still stands.

Humanity would definitely expand exponentially if it was feasible and profitable economically.

If we assume there are a few developed species out there, at least one of them should have that same desire. (And there is only need of 1 of them)

But we have no signs of it, so there are probably none besides us.
Not true. There could be millions, who have that ability. Even if that’s the case the universe would still be large to an absolutely astronomical degree that they would never be able to reach another civilisation, unless they spawned very close ofc, which is highly unlikely. We’re talking about an infinite map. And if they did expand to that extent chances are they would wipe themselves out within a few centuries

Niggas on here can’t even build up the courage to speak to a ltb and u want them to solve the Fermi paradox just lol

• JFL
Niggas on here can’t even build up the courage to speak to a ltb and u want them to solve the Fermi paradox just lol
IQ correlates with inhibition levels, so you‘d probably get better, more insightful answers from people here than normies

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Bars, disheartenedcel and tombradylover
Not true. There could be millions, who have that ability. Even if that’s the case the universe would still be large to an absolutely astronomical degree that they would never be able to reach another civilisation, unless they spawned very close ofc, which is highly unlikely.
Yes, BUT even if a species ‚only‘ managed to take over its own galaxy, it would be painfully obvious to us that their traces are of artificial origin.

And those species probably wouldn‘t stop at their own galaxy.
We’re talking about an infinite map.
The universe isn‘t infinite
And if they did expand to that extent chances are they would wipe themselves out within a few centuries
Elab? Expansion would make it more unlikely that a species gets wiped out.

Yes, BUT even if a species ‚only‘ managed to take over its own galaxy, it would be painfully obvious to us that their traces are of artificial origin.

And those species probably wouldn‘t stop at their own galaxy.

The universe isn‘t infinite

Elab? Expansion would make it more unlikely that a species gets wiped out.
The universe is infinite

We’re talking about more than 2 trillion galaxies. A species colonising their own galaxy means fuck all if the spread of a species is in one of the other trillions of galaxies in the universe.

Expansion makes it much more likely that they get wiped out bcuz they would need such a large population that they would likely wipe themselves out in the process. I think there’s a term for that it’s well known in this discussion

• +1
Reactions: Bars
I imagine there’s life out there (universe too big to
Not be) but it’s likely in a primitive state, so we don’t really detect shit. I think we’re the first advanced species that has achieved space travel in our corner of the universe.

• +1
Reactions: Akhi
then u didnt explain it properly(y)fgt
It just points out that if the universe wasn’t so finely tuned for life, then you wouldn’t be alive to experience it. The only time you experience the universe is when it is finely tuned for life to allow you to experience it.
Implying we really just did get lucky, such as how incredibly rare it was that YOU were born, because YOU can’t experience not being born. Everything had to go exactly as it did, down to the molecular level, for the sperm that would become you, to be born.

• +1
Reactions: Akhi and isis_Bleach
I do believe aliens were here and dipped after creating life.

• Woah
Outer space doesn‘t exist imo

• JFL
If there are so many earth-like planets out there, why haven‘t we detected any sings of life-forms on other planets?
This is called "leading question".

• Hmm...
You’re right on the filter parts, life probably exists on some other planet but we’re probably the only advanced species. Also, time is so abundant in the scale of the universe that there might have been previous civilizations but they could’ve collapsed or we might be the first ones and there are more to come in the future.

Somewhat unrelated but I recommend reading the book “All Tomorrows” by C.M. Kosemen, it touches on this type of idea. Here’s a pdf

• +1
You’re right on the filter parts, life probably exists on some other planet but we’re probably the only advanced species. Also, time is so abundant in the scale of the universe that there might have been previous civilizations but they could’ve collapsed or we might be the first ones and there are more to come in the future.

Somewhat unrelated but I recommend reading the book “All Tomorrows” by C.M. Kosemen, it touches on this type of idea. Here’s a pdf

its a sci-fi book I guess?

• +1
Reactions: lemonnz
Space doesn’t exist is my solution

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Rzn and Akhi
The universe is infinite

We’re talking about more than 2 trillion galaxies. A species colonising their own galaxy means fuck all if the spread of a species is in one of the other trillions of galaxies in the universe.

Expansion makes it much more likely that they get wiped out bcuz they would need such a large population that they would likely wipe themselves out in the process.
I think there’s a term for that it’s well known in this discussion
I think you‘re talking about great filters

Just read will reply later

• +1
How come?
I haven‘t seen proof for it and there is some very fishy stuff with nasa going on. Like them claiming that they haven‘t gone back to the moon in a while cos they lost the technology or some bs. Whole moon landing thing looked like a joke. Pictures from „outer space“ and other planets can easily be faked…

But i don‘t know at the end of the day. Could very well be real as well

• +1
Same conclusion as me

We are probably just a very unlikely event

And odds are we don’t even stay around that much longer in our current state as an advanced species

A good video which talks about this and the potentially self defeating nature of human “progress”

• +1
I haven‘t seen proof for it and there is some very fishy stuff with nasa going on. Like them claiming that they haven‘t gone back to the moon in a while cos they lost the technology or some bs.
It‘s more like we don‘t have any reason to, there‘s nothing to gain from the moon and the whole endeavor was mainly a prestige thing.
Whole moon landing thing looked like a joke. Pictures from „outer space“ and other planets can easily be faked…
Where‘s the benefit of convincing people that there is?
But i don‘t know at the end of the day. Could very well be real as well

• +1
Reactions: deadstock
Possibly also an interplay between temporal misalignment, the Dark forest hypothesis and limits of the current detection methods we have in space

Civilizations might not only be rare and widely distributed in space but also in time, meaning that plenty of civilizations could have existed millions or billions of years ago and either went extinct before we had the means to detect their existence, OR developed technological capabilities greater than our current ones and use those intentionally to lower the probability of them being discovered (dark forest hypothesis), which goes into the latter factor I mentioned at the top.
They could for example be communicating exclusively via neutrino or gravitational waves, which we have no instruments for in space as of yet

• +1
Reactions: thebuffdon690 and Akhi
Where‘s the benefit of convincing people that there is?
Giving people a sense of insignificance in the grand scheme of things. Or something to keep them occupied with, like constantly selling them the dream „one day we will be able to visit mars“. Or to hide something else. Idk

Maybe i just got my brain washed by conspiracy videos. But no matter the reason, it seems realistic to me considering how easily people can get influenced by TV and social media. So it would not at all surprise me if we r being lied to about space

• +1
Giving people a sense of insignificance in the grand scheme of things. Or something to keep them occupied with, like constantly selling them the dream „one day we will be able to visit mars“. Or to hide something else. Idk

Maybe i just got my brain washed by conspiracy videos. But no matter the reason, it seems realistic to me considering how easily people can get influenced by TV and social media. So it would not at all surprise me if we r being lied to about space
Checks out.

I still believe it‘s real, there‘s a lot of evidence on it.

• +1
Reactions: deadstock
I am not a science guy but I will guess but I dont know anything about the topic

1. We might not be able to dectect far enough
2. We are the most advanced species in the area we can detect

• +1
Reactions: thebuffdon690
It's pretty straightforward imo: interstellar travel/communication is impossible at the scale of the rarity of intelligent life

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Akhi and thebuffdon690
One of my favorite topics:

If there are so many earth-like planets out there, why haven‘t we detected any sings of life-forms on other planets? Our galaxy alone contains multiple billions of rocky earth-like planets, and there are billions to trillions of other, even bigger galaxies out there.

Even if lightspeed is very slow in comparison to the vast distances of the universe, we should‘ve detected something as of now, even if life and intelligence develops very rarely.

You have to realize that even with our current technology, due to exponential expansion, it would take merely a few millions years to colonize the galaxy, which is a tiny timeframe in comparison to the age of the universe.

Even if there was only a tiny, tiny chance of life developing towards a technological civilization, we should have evidence of them everywhere. The galaxy would be full of life, because only a single species would need to make it.

But theres nothing.

So, whats your solution? Here is mine:

In order to advance to a technological civilization, life has to pass so many ‚filters‘ that it becomes rare to the point even life on Earth is insanely unlikely. We are the first and probably only, and last planet that will develop life.

From Abiogenesis, to multicellular life, to the evolution of the brain, all those chances multiplied together are such a tiny fraction that it obliterates the amount of ‚chances‘ the universe ‚gets.‘

This is not even talking about the fact that our laws of physics, if adjusted even by a tiny bit, would make the universe inhospitable. I‘m talking about the 100 decimal of physical constants.

So, the fact that I‘m even able to ponder this question is more than a miracle, which brings us to all sorts of interesting philosophical questions.

Do you seek the answer in divine revelation?

I‘m a big fan of the anthropic principle. It boils down to the following: If the universe wasn‘t like it is, I wouldn‘t even be able to ask myself this question.

Thoughts?
It doesn't matter
I want to put my stinky sausage in Beckie's stinky hole
Idgaf about aliens and shit nigga

the Fermi paradox is made up nonsense by pseudo intellectuals who cling to the idea that this physical reality is the only reality whoever thinks otherwise and experiences otherwise is schizophrenic—

as a matter of fact, the “aliens” who are really just negative entities, or demons, are already here, and control every aspect of society.

• +1
Reactions: Averagecel
Sirius, Arcturus, Pleiades, Andromeda, Draco, etc. Almost certainly outside of our observable universe.

• Hmm...
im gonna ask you this: if god created everything, whats the purpose of such a huge universe when we‘re the only ones in it, and realistically will never expand past a tiny fraction of it?
I’m not a big religious but the answer to this is very obvious. One of the core beliefs in Abrahamic religions is that God is omniscient and omnipotent. This means that god see’s everything. This implies infinity. If the universe was finite, that would imply a limitation to where god sees/ where he is present. This would go against the core fundamentals of the characteristics of god.

• +1
Reactions: Averagecel and Akhi
my solution is that atheism isnt true and god created the world. theres no other way there can be literally 0 aliens and earth/humanity the only semblance of life in a massive universe, unless god did it.
Your argument is, I’m going to put my head in the sand and not engage

• +1
Reactions: isis_Bleach
Sirius, Arcturus, Pleiades, Andromeda, Draco, etc. Almost certainly outside of our observable universe.
wdym?

all the stuff you listed is in out observable universe, otherwise we wouldnt be able to recognize them not name then

i think im interpreting your post wrongly?

I’m not a big religious but the answer to this is very obvious. One of the core beliefs in Abrahamic religions is that God is omniscient and omnipotent. This means that god see’s everything. This implies infinity.
Does it? ‚Everything‘ can still be finite, doesn‘t contradict omniscience or omnipotency.

The universe isn‘t infite.
If the universe was finite, that would imply a limitation to where god sees/ where he is present. This would go against the core fundamentals of the characteristics of god.
No, even if the universe had an end, if this very universe (which is finite) altogether is ‚everything‘ god can still be omnipresent, no contradiction.

nigga we don't even know for certain if there's no life in the solar system, let alone the galaxy
Europa, Titan and even Mars could have life

• Hmm...
nigga we don't even know for certain if there's no life in the solar system, let alone the galaxy
Europa, Titan and even Mars could have life
at most bacterial life, anything else would be detectable

actually finding those lifeforms would be deeply concerning

• +1
Reactions: sb23
The universe isn‘t infite.
The universe is expanding in all directions. What makes you think it will stop.
even if the universe had an end, if this very universe (which is finite) altogether is ‚everything‘ god can still be omnipresent, no contradiction.
i don’t believe that to be true. There are no examples of non existence being beyond something. So for example, if you were to say the universe is finite, fine let’s set the boundaries. Where do these boundaries come from, why can’t they be surpassed. A more simple example would be, say the universe was in a shoe box, and the walls of the box are the borders, there is still something which exists beyond those borders no? What makes you think there isn’t.

at most bacterial life, anything else would be detectable

actually finding those lifeforms would be deeply concerning
on mars bacteria yes
on Europa there could be multicellular life there is an entire ocean beneath the ice (probably)

• Hmm...
source

im aware, yet this would be detectable from. afar

again, if this were true, it would imply some insanely uncomfortable things
it wouldn't, Europas ice shell is 20km deep

If there are so many earth-like planets out there

Sure there's probably some in the milky way but they're rare enough that all the other theories like the great filter explain the rest. Also remember that the universe is extremely young still and humans have been around for only a minuscule fraction of that time. There's about 10 trillion years of star formation left.

Your argument is, I’m going to put my head in the sand and not engage
Yep. That’s my argument. I’m just an inferior low iq retard who can’t think, so that’s the best argument I have. Im retarded and mentally incapable. Sorry you didn’t like that.

• +1
Reactions: sb23 and Akhi
Yep. That’s my argument. I’m just an inferior low iq retard who can’t think, so that’s the best argument I have. Im retarded and mentally incapable. Sorry you didn’t like that.
It’s fine bro. As long as you are praying to god/ following gods word, you are being grateful to the creator and that’s basically all that matters.

All tomorrows was brutal once I read it.

• +1
Reactions: lemonnz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back