when applying to minimum wage jobs, should I mention that I have a bachelor or science degree or no?

banjojones

banjojones

Platinum
As I mentioned in past posts money is not a problem for me. I just want an easy low-stress job to get my parents off my ass! (as long as I have a job they are fine with me living at home with them. Its an Italian thing its normal in my culture for kids to live with their parents). However I DO have a college degree (it is NOT a lesbian meme degree). I have a degree in Agriculture (believe it or not an agriculture degree is VERY employable. The military/government/USDA prizes people with my degree). However I don't want a high-stress military/government job even if the pay is good. I just want a low stress min-wage simpleton job where I could meet women or just have lots of FREE TIME on the weekends for hobbies. (I currently work 7 days a week at a landscape job and it is not working for me!)

-so if I want to do that. Should I just lie about not having a degree?

• +1
Reactions: Kingcel32, PubertyMaxxer, ShowerMaxxing and 2 others
why the fuck did you go to college if you are too much of a pussy to use it

JFL at wasting mommys money, yes put it on there anyway

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, JimmyDreamsOfZygos, Kingcel32 and 5 others
why? wouldn't I look overqualified? wouldn't the interviewer be asking: "WTF is this white boi with a college degree doing here!" In my area ZERO whites work minimum wage it only goes to ethnic minorities. (the whites in my area have big egos and think they are "too good" for min wage work).

-how do i explain to the cholo/Shaniqua interviewer why I am here.
-(I legit once tried applying to a min wage job in my area and the minorities were staring/weirded out and giving me this look of "why the hell are you here white boi"

• +1
Reactions: MikeMew'sBitch and Kingcel32
OP go get checked for severe mental retardation asap and report back

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: SendMePicsToRate, Kingcel32, ShowerMaxxing and 4 others
just say you are black

where in italy do you live

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13787
just say you are black

where in italy do you live
i live in the u.s.a but i am sicilian and according to True Romance Sicilians are descended from nigs so under the 1 drop rule I am technically a nig

OP go get checked for severe mental retardation asap and report back
i heard some min wage jobs get tax breaks if they hire 'tards. IDK maybe I could claim to be a 'tard

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19551
Minium wage jobs are stressfull

• +1
Reactions: Kingcel32, Gerardwayfan, Hero of the Imperium and 1 other person
  • Ugh..
  • JFL
Reactions: Kingcel32, Gaygymmaxx and Deleted member 8608
how? unlike office jobs they don't force you to bring work home. you work 8 hours/go home
In some cleaning jobs you aren't allowed to eat on the job. And working with customers extremly stressfull. Some customers just ruin it for you

• +1
Reactions: Kingcel32
Do some volunteering work for free.
You can Tell your parents its a job and it should be more fullfilling than some dead end minimum job.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Kingcel32 and Deleted member 19551
why? wouldn't I look overqualified? wouldn't the interviewer be asking: "WTF is this white boi with a college degree doing here!" In my area ZERO whites work minimum wage it only goes to ethnic minorities. (the whites in my area have big egos and think they are "too good" for min wage work).

-(I legit once tried applying to a min wage job in my area and the minorities were staring/weirded out and giving me this look of "why the hell are you here white boi"
depends on the gig itself

if they ask just say u is retired and only working for health insurance

depends on the gig itself

if they ask just say u is retired and only working for health insurance
i'm only 25. i can't say i'm retired JFL:ROFLMAO:

• Woah
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Kingcel32, traveler and Hero of the Imperium
Kind of want an agriculture degree ngl

• +1
Reactions: Kingcel32 and Gaygymmaxx
Don't you have student debt?

• +1
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx
As I mentioned in past posts money is not a problem for me. I just want an easy low-stress job to get my parents off my ass! (as long as I have a job they are fine with me living at home with them. Its an Italian thing its normal in my culture for kids to live with their parents). However I DO have a college degree (it is NOT a lesbian meme degree). I have a degree in Agriculture (believe it or not an agriculture degree is VERY employable. The military/government/USDA prizes people with my degree). However I don't want a high-stress military/government job even if the pay is good. I just want a low stress min-wage simpleton job where I could meet women or just have lots of FREE TIME on the weekends for hobbies. (I currently work 7 days a week at a landscape job and it is not working for me!)

-so if I want to do that. Should I just lie about not having a degree?
Lol nobody's gonna care about your degree no matter the minimum wage job you apply for. Most likely they just gonna assume you didn't find anything related to your field so you applied there and they gonna treat you even shittier than the rest of the guys. I did this myself I applied to a fucking factory after I graduated cuz why not and not only they put me do the most braindead stuff they even joked around cuz I was new. Some boomer oldfuck said to the boss "look at the kid he's tall as fuck he will clean so good up there". Fucking left never looked back. Wasting my time on something it won't even add on my resume in the long run anyways

• +1
Reactions: Kingcel32
Lol nobody's gonna care about your degree no matter the minimum wage job you apply for. Most likely they just gonna assume you didn't find anything related to your field so you applied there and they gonna treat you even shittier than the rest of the guys. I did this myself I applied to a fucking factory after I graduated cuz why not and not only they put me do the most braindead stuff they even joked around cuz I was new. Some boomer oldfuck said to the boss "look at the kid he's tall as fuck he will clean so good up there". Fucking left never looked back. Wasting my time on something it won't even add on my resume in the long run anyways
so don't mention my degree so I don't look over-qualified? The issue is I didn't work while in uni. (technically did but I literally was employed as a chicken fryer at a fast food place and a lifeguard in the summer). Should I make up another job I did (fake references) etc?

• +1
Reactions: Tylermax
so don't mention my degree so I don't look over-qualified? The issue is I didn't work while in uni. (technically did but I literally was employed as a chicken fryer at a fast food place and a lifeguard in the summer). Should I make up another job I did (fake references) etc?
Mention anything you want in your CV the thing is if it's not at the slighest related to what you're applying for it doesn't really matter. If you do construction they won't "treat you better" cuz you have a degree in physics let's say. They don't really care. They still gonna treat you like the new guy who's there to learn the "art" of their stupid minimum wage job. They just want you to get the job done at the end of the day. "Overqualified" is when you have much more experience and knowledge in a specific job that is required in the description of the application (basically they want a junior candidate and you are a senior level so they assume you will ask for more money than they willing to give for that position) , it's not about having a degree for jobs that don't require one.

• +1
Reactions: Kingcel32 and PubertyMaxxer
Dude go start your career instead of wasting away your younger years in some shitty retail store.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7580, PubertyMaxxer and Kingcel32
Mention anything you want in your CV the thing is if it's not at the slighest related to what you're applying for it doesn't really matter. If you do construction they won't "treat you better" cuz you have a degree in physics let's say. They don't really care. They still gonna treat you like the new guy who's there to learn the "art" of their stupid minimum wage job. They just want you to get the job done at the end of the day. "Overqualified" is when you have much more experience and knowledge in a specific job that is required in the description of the application (basically they want a junior candidate and you are a senior level so they assume you will ask for more money than they willing to give for that position) , it's not about having a degree for jobs that don't require one.
no i wonder if mentioning my degree would actually HURT me and make me look overqualified. I'm thinking of just omitting it. Should I omit my degree?

• +1
Reactions: Tylermax
no i wonder if mentioning my degree would actually HURT me and make me look overqualified. I'm thinking of just omitting it. Should I omit my degree?
Mention it don't worry about it at all. Just don't appear too braggy about it

Mention it don't worry about it at all. Just don't appear too braggy about it
That is why i am thinking of omitting it because i will be PERCEIVED as braggy/overqualified even tho i am not

Damn is Italy really already filled with ethnics like that? :feelsbadman:

You’re autistic, stop being a pussy about “high stress” and get a government position. Jfl at trying to avoid stress in life min wage jobs are still stressful. You might as well get paid well with your governmental job. Along with getting the good benefits like paid leave, vacations, etc

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
You’re autistic, stop being a pussy about “high stress” and get a government position. Jfl at trying to avoid stress in life min wage jobs are still stressful. You might as well get paid well with your governmental job. Along with getting the good benefits like paid leave, vacations, etc
Im down for a gov’t job but one little problem they have the universal white pussy employment program or UWPEP for short. I guess i might have throw on some lipstick and a dress if i want a job there😂

Im down for a gov’t job but one little problem they have the universal white pussy employment program or UWPEP for short. I guess i might have throw on some lipstick and a dress if i want a job there😂
Shits irrelevant in the position you’d be applying for with your degree. Hell, you’d actually run into that problem more in min wage jobs than government ones

how? unlike office jobs they don't force you to bring work home. you work 8 hours/go home
Nigga I have an office job and I’m browsing this site for like half of the time there

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 21366, Banderacell and Deleted member 14160
Nigga I have an office job and I’m browsing this site for like half of the time there
You have a business degree right? How did you find your job.. my current temp contract gonna run out soon i have nothing lined up atm

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7580
You have a business degree right? How did you find your job.. my current temp contract gonna run out soon i have nothing lined up atm
Keep applying boyo
It is hard … my friend kept applying for a year before he got something but now he’s making 90k as financial analyst (starting pay… one of top companies tho)

I did internship so it wasn’t that hard but still had to apply at lots of places … worked at a warehouse after graduating, couldn’t find a job related to degree

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14160
@ForeverRecession
References help a lot
My “internship” wasn’t through college tho, it was just a summer job related to degree

That experience and references helped a lot

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14160
Shits irrelevant in the position you’d be applying for with your degree. Hell, you’d actually run into that problem more in min wage jobs than government ones
Even if that is tru when i apply online they never respond is their something im doing wrong? (I apply online on the usa jobs website)

in the exact same issue literally,

just turned 26 last week
live with parents
got fired from my 9-5 salary job (have 4 year degree)
just doing mainly nothing acting like im working on shit on my computer for money so they done bother me, so much free time but parents on my ass to get a job, so im planning on just getting a normie job where I can gain normie social inhib, meet girls to fuck(live in a touristy area) still have time throughout the week to hang out with dates and workout, while making some extra side cash(money is not a concern I basically live free(no cost of rent/food) so im going to spend my younger years having fun fucking girls doing spontaneous shit with my young body before i be a greycel and then I can waste my old years wageslaving = my logic, you may think the right way to live is different