when i read people here take peppermint oil as a "safe" alternative for finasteride or minoxidil

homo_faber

homo_faber

i thought this was a looksmaxing forum
2sZQ.gif
More evidence essential oils 'make male breasts develop'

A suspected link between abnormal breast growth in young boys and the use of lavender and peppermint oils has been given new weight, after a study found eight chemicals contained in the oils interfere with hormones.

The American study found that key chemicals in the oils boost oestrogen and inhibit testosterone.

The plant-derived oils are found in a number of products such as soaps, lotions, shampoos and hair-styling products. They're also popular as alternative cleaning products and medical treatments.

Lead researcher J. Tyler Ramsey from the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), in North Carolina, suggested caution when using the oils.

"Our society deems essential oils as safe. However, they possess a diverse amount of chemicals and should be used with caution because some of these chemicals are potential endocrine disruptors."

A growing number of reported cases of male gynaecomastia have coincided with topical exposure to the oils.
A previous study by Dr Kenneth Korach - who was also co-investigator for this study - found that lavender and tea tree oil had properties that competed with or hindered the hormones that control male characteristics, which could affect puberty and growth.

2sZQ.gif

that is why you shouldnt listen to retards (99% of this site, me excluded for obvious reasons)

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium, sandcelmuttcel, AlwaysHaveQuestions and 4 others
only dutasteride is good tbh

2sZQ.gif

A suspected link between abnormal breast growth in young boys and the use of lavender and peppermint oils has been given new weight, after a study found eight chemicals contained in the oils interfere with hormones.

The American study found that key chemicals in the oils boost oestrogen and inhibit testosterone.

The plant-derived oils are found in a number of products such as soaps, lotions, shampoos and hair-styling products. They're also popular as alternative cleaning products and medical treatments.

Lead researcher J. Tyler Ramsey from the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS), in North Carolina, suggested caution when using the oils.

"Our society deems essential oils as safe. However, they possess a diverse amount of chemicals and should be used with caution because some of these chemicals are potential endocrine disruptors."

A growing number of reported cases of male gynaecomastia have coincided with topical exposure to the oils.
A previous study by Dr Kenneth Korach - who was also co-investigator for this study - found that lavender and tea tree oil had properties that competed with or hindered the hormones that control male characteristics, which could affect puberty and growth.

2sZQ.gif

that is why you shouldnt listen to retards (99% of this site, me excluded for obvious reasons)
plant oils and sugar are the most unhealthy foods to consume for humans

sugar from fruit isnt bad lmao, neither are things like olive and coconut oil

sugar from fruit isnt bad lmao, neither are things like olive and coconut oil
uh yes fruit isnt actually that healthy. also coconut oil is the least bad option you have, only problem is its still filled with omega 6 which u dont need. also anti nutrients. it does have a good calorie density though, just like olive oil. but olive oil is pretty bad for you

• Hmm...
Reactions: sandcelmuttcel
Is that same for the castor oil?

uh yes fruit isnt actually that healthy. also coconut oil is the least bad option you have, only problem is its still filled with omega 6 which u dont need. also anti nutrients. it does have a good calorie density though, just like olive oil. but olive oil is pretty bad for you
Jfl.
Fruit is healthy for you brosel, for it to be unhealthy i;d have to eat an ungodly amount of bananas for example a day.

I personally think extreme diets like the carnivore diet are retarded, if you feel fine on it do your thing but ion see the point of it tbh.
As long as you cut out processed junk and sugar from cookies and soda n shit like that ur fine.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8229, BigBoy, ManzareK and 1 other person
elab on plant oils. what are common plant oils the average person consumes?

eat fruits and kys

nobody thinks of shit like this

It's dangerous because it contains beta-sitosterol, an anti androgen found in plants.

Didn't know it was that severe though.

coconut oil is bad? what
It isnt imo, but i dont take carnivore retards seriously. Besiders the fact you're probably cucking your T levels by not eating carbs you're still missing out on micro's etc. Cutting out enitre food groups (both carnivore and on vegan) is retarded.

Macros vary from person to person, with that i mean that someone will feel great on high carb low fat and vice versa. Just cause Keto worked for 1 random person on the internet doesnt mean it'll work for you. The only rules i stick by are no processed foods, cook everything myself and only getting sugars from fruits, honey and dark chocolate (90%)

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: ManzareK, Deleted member 9090, Patient A and 1 other person
Personalityinkwell: 0 fucks given

all these boys used the oil topical in case you wonder

It isnt imo, but i dont take carnivore retards seriously. Besiders the fact you're probably cucking your T levels by not eating carbs you're still missing out on micro's etc. Cutting out enitre food groups (both carnivore and on vegan) is retarded.

Macros vary from person to person, with that i mean that someone will feel great on high carb low fat and vice versa. Just cause Keto worked for 1 random person on the internet doesnt mean it'll work for you. The only rules i stick by are no processed foods, cook everything myself and only getting sugars from fruits, honey and dark chocolate (90%)
im not carnivore lol, also its not that bad of a diet as ur saying it is. and no macros dont vary from person to person, look in nature we are the only animals that dont know what the fuck we need to eat to be in optimal health. this is the classic middle stance ''normal'' view which is not even an actual argument. and yeah what you are doing for food are some good general rules, but you are most likely still not eating optimally

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator and Deleted member 6873
im not carnivore lol, also its not that bad of a diet as ur saying it is. and no macros dont vary from person to person, look in nature we are the only animals that dont know what the fuck we need to eat to be in optimal health. this is the classic middle stance ''normal'' view which is not even an actual argument. and yeah what you are doing for food are some good general rules, but you are most likely still not eating optimally
I get what you mean with optimal dieting, but for me personmally i performed and looked worse when my diet was more towards that of a ketogenic one (High fat low carbs) than moderate/low fat and high carbs

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator, RoundHouse and Deleted member 9090
elab on plant oils. what are common plant oils the average person consumes?
common oils are olive oil and sunflower oil for example, which are both bad for you if you consume them. applying coconut oil to your face is not bad at all, and its the best plant oil for consumption there is. its quite good for plant standards tbh so no need to worry about it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6873
common oils are olive oil and sunflower oil for example, which are both bad for you if you consume them. applying coconut oil to your face is not bad at all, and its the best plant oil for consumption there is. its quite good for plant standards tbh so no need to worry about it.
what about eating coconut oil? is that also bad?

I get what you mean with optimal dieting, but for me personmally i performed and looked worse when my diet was more towards that of a ketogenic one (High fat low carbs) than moderate/low fat and high carbs
im not a keto advocate. i personally believe the optimal diet for europeans (there is probably some variance per race) is about 70% animal foods and 30% plant foods. basically a good amount of fat and protein and some carbs + fruits for vit C, which is hard to get from animal foods.

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4612
im not a keto advocate. i personally believe the optimal diet for europeans (there is probably some variance per race) is about 70% animal foods and 30% plant foods. basically a good amount of fat and protein and some carbs + fruits for vit C, which is hard to get from animal foods.
Based ngl.
already ahead of 99% of western males diet wise

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9090
Based ngl.
already ahead of 99% of western males diet wise
zeker weten pap. you really need the fats from animals because of all the vitamins and nutrition you need but cant get from animals. best way to look at this is: vegans and carnivores are both not optimal but carnivores can be done long term (rest of your life) and vegan can not

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Pumanator and Deleted member 6873
i just said its one THE best plant oil out there, still not as good as butter or lard but for plants its good
ok good, so would you recommend eating it or not?

zeker weten pap. you really need the fats from animals because of all the vitamins and nutrition you need but cant get from animals. best way to look at this is: vegans and carnivores are both not optimal but carnivores can be done long term (rest of your life) and vegan can not
Yeah i fully agree, the past few days i've been both high carb and high fat jfl.
2 decently sized meals a day

i skip breaktfas

lunch

1 piece of ryebread with 100% peanutbutter (calve mogged)
1 piece of sourdough with a baked egg on it
1 bowl of yoghurt with 2 scoops of protein powder with 1 banana, some 90% dark chocolate, some oats, some pecan nuts and pure maple syrup as sugar subititue (has decent anti oxidants)

dinner
something like

Rice, or potatoes
Veggies
Eggs
Meat, with once chicken liver once a week

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9090 and RoundHouse
Thats why you dont take it you put the oil on yourself
Its topical if you do that so it wont affect anything

Yeah i fully agree, the past few days i've been both high carb and high fat jfl.

i skip breaktfas

lunch

1 bowl of yoghurt with 2 scoops of protein powder with 1 banana, some 90% dark chocolate, some oats, some pecan nuts and pure maple syrup as sugar subititue (has decent anti oxidants)

dinner
something like

Rice, or potatoes
Veggies
Eggs
u should do OMAD just eat a gyro a day

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: manossarik and Deleted member 6873
ok good, so would you recommend eating it or not?
as i said, its not optimal. if you can replace it with butter (grass fed is best) you should, for optimal results. but then again its not the end of the world, you wouldnt notice any side effects or anything.

• +1
as i said, its not optimal. if you can replace it with butter (grass fed is best) you should, for optimal results. but then again its not the end of the world, you wouldnt notice any side effects or anything.
what about ghee butter fam.

• +1

i skip breaktfas

lunch

dinner
something like

Rice, or potatoes
Veggies
Eggs
lemme analyze this quick for u

ok: skip breakfast is neutral (doesnt really matter that much u just have to get the right amounts of nutrition, cal in vs cal out)

bread = good carb source since its fermented, make sure its organic if you can (most bread is not)
peanutbutter = not that good actually, it has good caloric density but its full with bad oils (plant oils) and has no vitamins/minerals aside from pure calories.
egg = perfect, make sure its still runny
yoghurt = good
protein powder = what do u use? plant protein is a meme and is most of the time indigestible, if u use whey protein its good has a lot of minerals and vitamins in it.
banana = pure sugar, not that good of a meal but its not that bad either. fructose is bad for you liver
chocolate = intoxicating for the body
oats = neutral, most of it is hard to digest
pecan nuts = bad for your brain, nuts should be avoided if you can you can replace this with some butter on bread for example
maple syrup = sugar again
rice = good carb source just like potatoes (best one is sweet potatoe)
veggies = generally not good for you, most have agro chems in them and are plain fiber with only a little bit of minerals. but since veggies are indigestible you wont get anything useful out of it
eggs = really good again
meat = good, try to avoid chicken liver (get cow instead) and if you can eat fatty meat cuts. most chicken get garbage food and this gets translated to its organs.

• Love it

ok: skip breakfast is neutral (doesnt really matter that much u just have to get the right amounts of nutrition, cal in vs cal out)

bread = good carb source since its fermented, make sure its organic if you can (most bread is not)
peanutbutter = not that good actually, it has good caloric density but its full with bad oils (plant oils) and has no vitamins/minerals aside from pure calories.
yoghurt = good
protein powder = what do u use? plant protein is a meme and is most of the time indigestible, if u use whey protein its good has a lot of minerals and vitamins in it.
banana = pure sugar, not that good of a meal but its not that bad either. fructose is bad for you liver
pecan nuts = bad for your brain, nuts should be avoided if you can you can replace this with some butter on bread for example
veggies = generally not good for you, most have agro chems in them and are plain fiber with only a little bit of minerals. but since veggies are indigestible you wont get anything useful out of it
eggs = really good again
meat = good, try to avoid chicken liver (get cow instead) and if you can eat fatty meat cuts. most chicken get garbage food and this gets translated to its organs.
thanks bb.
my protein powder is just whey shit, high iq am mirin :love:

• +1

yoghurt = good
eggs = really good again
to make ur diet better, incorporate more animal fats or butter and drop some of the veggies and carbs, also u need a vit C fruit. oranges/lemons are pretty good

• Love it
to make ur diet better, incorporate more animal fats or butter and drop some of the veggies and carbs, also u need a vit C fruit. oranges/lemons are pretty good
For now i supplement vit C everyday and i occasionaly eat raspberries

• +1
For now i supplement vit C everyday and i occasionaly eat raspberries
cool, also if u can get cod liver oil (its basically the only supplement u really need) dont get those retard fish pills, but get the liver oils, i take 2/3 of them everyday. 3 is overkill tbh, 2 should do. those have some good ass Vit A and D in them as well as all the omegas most people dont get enough of. also u should eat ur meat medium rare at the minimum. raw is sort of a meme (its not bad but also not optimal per se), but fully cooked is retarded. in the middle u get the best = more cals from the meat + better digestibilty and not too many damaged nutrients

• Love it
cool, also if u can get cod liver oil (its basically the only supplement u really need) dont get those retard fish pills, but get the liver oils, i take 2/3 of them everyday. 3 is overkill tbh, 2 should do. those have some good ass Vit A and D in them as well as all the omegas most people dont get enough of. also u should eat ur meat medium rare at the minimum. raw is sort of a meme (its not bad but also not optimal per se), but fully cooked is retarded. in the middle u get the best = more cals from the meat + better digestibilty and not too many damaged nutrients
Thanks man!
I missed out on buying some cod liver oil pilsl for a decent price but i copped 4 bottles off 100 vit D softgels (1000iu each)
For VitA i eat 2-3 carrots everyday.

When i eat meat i quite often sear it etc, so it usually ends up being rare - medium rare

• +1
Thanks man!
I missed out on buying some cod liver oil pilsl for a decent price but i copped 4 bottles off 100 vit D softgels (1000iu each)
For VitA i eat 2-3 carrots everyday.

When i eat meat i quite often sear it etc, so it usually ends up being rare - medium rare
there is no vit A in carrots, its only found in animal products. carrots are a meme you only get beta carrotene which is hard for ur body to convert to actual Vit A. also vit D soft gels are most likely made from plant oils so they are a meme as well. vit D3 is only found in animal products

• +1
there is no vit A in carrots, its only found in animal products. carrots are a meme you only get beta carrotene which is hard for ur body to convert to actual Vit A. also vit D soft gels are most likely made from plant oils so they are a meme as well. vit D3 is only found in animal products
didnt know that ngl.
also i still like beta carotene tbh gonna buy the pills soon maybe i noticed some skin tone changes for the better

• +1
didnt know that ngl.
also i still like beta carotene tbh gonna buy the pills soon maybe i noticed some skin tone changes for the better
im making a mega thread aobut nutrition rn tbh lol. and yeah beta carotene is only good for skin color

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 5875 and Deleted member 6873
im making a mega thread aobut nutrition rn tbh lol. and yeah beta carotene is only good for skin color
tag me bhai

• +1
That's why you use topicals on low quantities, stupid greycel.

• +1
Reactions: Zradrad
Thats why you dont take it you put the oil on yourself
Its topical if you do that so it wont affect anything

can you read?

"A growing number of reported cases of male gynaecomastia have coincided with topical exposure to the oils."

all of this about topical - you think people drink pure peppermint oil :lul:

can you read?

"A growing number of reported cases of male gynaecomastia have coincided with topical exposure to the oils."

all of this about topical - you think people drink pure peppermint oil :lul:
Put a Tldr next time

• +1
Reactions: homo_faber
And jfl if your testosterone is that low

And jfl if your testosterone is that low

keep puting pure estrogen in your system because you think minoxidil or finasteride is too risky

2sZQ.gif

2sZQ.gif

shit jew study instead of blaming the estrogen in food and a shittier life style it blames a miniscule amount you would get if you consumed tons of peppermint oil

Okay but to what degree are we talking exactly? Also if for the purposes of scalp application you would be diluting it heavily.

If it reduced your testosterone production by say 10% but significantly regrew hair (in combination with dermarolling) I think that’s a risk I would be willing to take. You can increase your testosterone production in other ways by adjusting your sleep schedule, working out, eating the right diet, taking zinc, getting enough vitamin D, etc.

how olive is bad for you it's like one of the healthiest options out there lol

to OP:
"lavender and tea tree oils"