Where do I even begin moneymaxxing with zero understanding of it?

O

Ocelot

I'm a 17 year old with literally ZERO economic literacy and live off my parents. They will pay my college fees in full too.

That's all fine, but where do I even start? I've read some moneymaxx threads here but it feels useless trying to wrap my head around this stuff without knowing the basics.

Need something simple.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
dead fucking sub-forum, not even a single viewer JFL

bump

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions, Deleted member 6403, Chadeep and 1 other person
You are asking question from failed people. Go in Reddit. It will be more helpful.

• +1
Reactions: DJ Shekemba, BigBoy, Deleted member 6273 and 2 others
Where do you live?
Do you want a normal job besides your college or what?

I'm a 17 year old with literally ZERO economic literacy and live off my parents. They will pay my college fees in full too.

That's all fine, but where do I even start? I've read some moneymaxx threads here but it feels useless trying to wrap my head around this stuff without knowing the basics.

Need something simple.

Don't really know about this but if I had to plan a basic route​

• Understand basic economics
  • Move into understanding how the tax system works
  • Understand how stocks work
  • Understand crypto

If you want to learn any of this just look it up on wikipedia and every time you see a term you don't understand look that term up on Wikipedia and in a few hours you will figure everything out​

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403 and Deleted member 10602

Don't really know about this but if I had to plan a basic route​

• Understand basic economics
  • Move into understanding how the tax system works
  • Understand how stocks work
  • Understand crypto
just understand it bro, worked for me

need specifics
Where do you live?
Do you want a normal job besides your college or what?
I'll probably be going to the UK for med school, idk if I'll be able to do part-times when there's so much to study

• +1
Reactions: MegamindCel and AlwaysHaveQuestions
applies to some, not all

This place only attract people that are mentally fucked or guys with bad insecure. None of successful people would hang in place like this. Reddit would be more fruitful even Arnold hangs there.

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions, Deleted member 10602 and Ocelot
This place only attract people that are mentally fucked or guys with bad insecure. None of successful people would hang in place like this. Reddit would be more fruitful.
if I don't get the answer I need I'll probably make an acc and ask there

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10185
This place only attract people that are mentally fucked or guys with bad insecure. None of successful people would hang in place like this. Reddit would be more fruitful even Arnold hangs there.

And? Beeing mentally fucked doesnt mean you are a neet. I make good money with Computer science.

@Ocelot In my study times i worked for amazon 5pm to 10pm and got 1000€ a month on my hand (goverment didnt know that i was working). Then you apply for the student funding programs where you get like 450-750€. At the end i got like 1500€ a month. Thats enough for saving for surgery.

I dont know if it works in england tho, worked in germany

• +1
Reactions: Ocelot
And? Beeing mentally fucked doesnt mean you are a neet. I make good money with Computer science.

@Ocelot In my study times i worked for amazon 5pm to 10pm and got 1000€ a month on my hand (goverment didnt know that i was working). Then you apply for the student funding programs where you get like 450-750€. At the end i got like 1500€ a month. Thats enough for saving for surgery.

I dont know if it works in england tho, worked in germany

How much you make per month? Im just saying reddit would have much better advice's..

• +1
Reactions: .👽.
How much you make per month? Im just saying reddit would have much better advice's..
Around 4000 pre tax. And im just a starter.

Yea true because on .me many users are underage so reddit would be wise

• +1
Then you apply for the student funding programs where you get like 450-750€.
what are these?

if I understand correctly these are government programmes which help you pay off tuition? I doubt I'd be eligible as an international student without a UK citizenship

• +1
mY bro is making 5000 euros but he has been longer.
Thats not bad. Its like 60k a year. I try to reach 70-80k/year before i turn 30. Lets see if it works🤩

Thats not bad. Its like 60k a year. I try to reach 70-80k/year before i turn 30. Lets see if it works🤩

It might sound good but they take so much of taxes here in Finland :cry:

• So Sad
to make money you need to offer a service that is valuable.

what do you want to learn that is extremely time consuming but will make you a valuable person in the end?

what are these?

if I understand correctly these are government programmes which help you pay off tuition? I doubt I'd be eligible as an international student without a UK citizenship
Yea. Where do you live now?
Iirc you can get it in germany when you come from a EU Country. If you are not from a EU country you need to be a refugee or be stateless. I guess its similar in england

• +1
Join some crypto-pump discord and you're a millionaire in no time.

to make money you need to offer a service that is valuable.

what do you want to learn that is extremely time consuming but will make you a valuable person in the end?
I'll be in med school, issue is that leaves me with less time to do part-time jobs, and two more years spent studying before earning, and even then, it'll be peanuts until after residency
Yea. Where do you live now?
Iirc you can get it in germany when you come from a EU Country. If you are not from a EU country you need to be a refugee or be stateless. I guess its similar in england
Dubai rn but not going to be studying here

• +1
Plenty of people don't know jack shit about managing money, yet they earn it by the truckload, you don't need to know the exact mechanics of it,

but in order to keep the money you make, you'll need to understand at least Money 101.

Need something simple.
You haven't said enough about yourself/situation. Go get yourself a copy of Personal Finance For Dummies. I'm serious, start there.

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions and Ocelot
Passive investing in index funds is the best for the vast majority. Vanguard is a good option.

• +1
Reactions: Ocelot and lutte
Open biz and pick a shitcoin and put all your money into it

• JFL
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions, Chadeep and Ocelot
the two genders
Studies back up my view: most people would do better if they would invest in simple index funds. It's also a very convenient and easy way to invest.

If you want to gamble you can invest a small amount, like 10-20% of your investable funds, to some exotic lottery "investments".

• +1
Studies back up my view: most people would do better if they would invest in simple index funds. It's also a very convenient and easy way to invest.

If you want to gamble you can invest a small amount, like 10-20% of your investable funds, to some exotic lottery "investments".
I'm joking, that's pretty much what I'm doing

• +1
Reactions: Ocelot and Wallenberg
I'll be in med school, issue is that leaves me with less time to do part-time jobs, and two more years spent studying before earning, and even then, it'll be peanuts until after residency

Dubai rn but not going to be studying here
whats the rush? if ur going to be a doctor or dentist, surgeon, u will be charging people a lot, avg 200-800 k eventually

I'm joking, that's pretty much what I'm doing
I know.

OP, you can automatize the whole process if you have a regular source of income. Choose some good index funds, for example, Vanguard Total World. Set your bank account to send money to the index fund every month. That's it. That way you invest in over 8000 companies that operate all over the world. You don't have to anymore. Focus on studies and work. And your returns will be higher than most of the guys who spend hours and hours trying to find jackpot investments.

But do your own research.

• +1
whats the rush? if ur going to be a doctor or dentist, surgeon, u will be charging people a lot, avg 200-800 k eventually
Why didn't you go Pre-med instead of Aerospace engineering?

Why didn't you go Pre-med instead of Aerospace engineering?
med is cool, something like dentistry or cosmetic surgery to help people but otherwise I don't really like to be in that environment

• +1
Reactions: thecaste
eventually

the earlier the better to start having alternate sources of income
I know.

OP, you can automatize the whole process if you have a regular source of income. Choose some good index funds, for example, Vanguard Total World. Set your bank account to send money to the index fund every month. That's it. That way you invest in over 8000 companies that operate all over the world. You don't have to anymore. Focus on studies and work. And your returns will be higher than most of the guys who spend hours and hours trying to find jackpot investments.

But do your own research.
sounds good, I'll starting looking into it.

Im your age too and im going to learn investing/trading that kind of stuff, working on my skills, making plan B and Cs and side hustles/online stuff.

• +1

• +1
old, fat, and stupid. it's over

• JFL
being a doctor in UK is cucked
400 weeks for a middle class life

• +1
being a doctor in UK is cucked
400 weeks for a middle class life
Is that so

I was however planning to do the USMLE and move to the US for residency
idk how plausible that is though

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions
Is that so

I was however planning to do the USMLE and move to the US for residency
idk how plausible that is though
i think you have to redo residency in the US. you make minimum wage in residency so it's really not worth it
i hope this free healthcare bullshit doesn't come into the US

• +1
i think you have to redo residency in the US. you make minimum wage in residency so it's really not worth it
i hope this free healthcare bullshit doesn't come into the US
no I can take the USMLE during my med school years and then move to the US for residency

the issue is the lower acceptance rates from what I'm aware of

• +1
Reactions: AlwaysHaveQuestions

Need something simple.
knee pads and level up your dicksucking game

First start of with research then execution

just understand it bro, worked for me

need specifics

I'll probably be going to the UK for med school, idk if I'll be able to do part-times when there's so much to study
What med school in the UK?

no I can take the USMLE during my med school years and then move to the US for residency

the issue is the lower acceptance rates from what I'm aware of
recently there was some new regulations on giving foreign med students residency
it was for offshore US MD medical school so I'm not sure it will affect UK students applying to US residencies, but it could set the tone for the future

• +1
What med school in the UK?
haven't decided
will start choosing after I finish the UKCAT and get the results
recently there was some new regulations on giving foreign med students residency
it was for offshore US MD medical school so I'm not sure it will affect UK students applying to US residencies, but it could set the tone for the future
You have any links related to this?