Which CPT codes do I need for facial analysis?

User28823

User28823

do not go gentle into that good night
I have a deviated septum and got a CBCT done last year but the niggers shut down and lost my scan.

I've been reading threads and see people mention

- 3D CT scan
- 3D Cranofacial CT scan

GPT tells me that corresponds to the 70486 CPT code which is the same for a CBCT so is that all I need?

What will you use a cpt code for? You can't order a cpt without a doctor putting an order in? They should know the cpt codes themselves too.
The CPT codes for CT for maxillofacial area, it should suffice for a septum, ENTs and OMFS will be able to read it and determine how deviated it is.
I got my CBT from an OMFS who said mine is slightly deviated and the ENT said otherwise.

What will you use a cpt code for? You can't order a cpt without a doctor putting an order in? They should know the cpt codes themselves too.
The CPT codes for CT for maxillofacial area, it should suffice for a septum, ENTs and OMFS will be able to read it and determine how deviated it is.
I got my CBT from an OMFS who said mine is slightly deviated and the ENT said otherwise.
I want a facial scan to analyze my bones myself, but want to ensure I get the correct one

I want a facial scan to analyze my bones myself, but want to ensure I get the correct one
What is your game here?
You need a physician to write the order through a script which will then allow you to either pay out of pocket or go through insurance, which will require pre-authorizations.

I'd go "window shopping to omfs that are covered by you insurance and make a bs story about how you are worried about your buccal corridors and you need mse or a bimax and be confident about geting it done. They will then likely write the script for a ct of head with a diagnosis of something wrong like maxila hyperplasia, or something so insurance accepts it.

Also them losing health info is violation of hippa, you should be able to get your records since its your tests, call them and demand your scans like I did.

What is your game here?
You need a physician to write the order through a script which will then allow you to either pay out of pocket or go through insurance, which will require pre-authorizations.

I'd go "window shopping to omfs that are covered by you insurance and make a bs story about how you are worried about your buccal corridors and you need mse or a bimax and be confident about geting it done. They will then likely write the script for a ct of head with a diagnosis of something wrong like maxila hyperplasia, or something so insurance accepts it.
Is a CBCT enough then yes or no I should be able to easily get another one via an ENT for my deviated septum?
Also them losing health info is violation of hippa, you should be able to get your records since its your tests, call them and demand your scans like I did.
I went to a specific doctor's office who has since shut down and have tried to contact the new office via phone but no luck.

But just checked again and under law in my state the physician themselves has to maintain all records for at least 5 years so I'll try contacting him at his new office for my scans. The old office closing down is also supposed to notify you where your records will be transferred but I can't find any emails, might have gotten something in the mail and threw it away, hopefully contacting the dr at his new office will work though. If not, sounds like a fuckin easy law suit in the books to me :lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul:

Is a CBCT enough then yes or no I should be able to easily get another one via an ENT for my deviated septum?
yes
I went to a specific doctor's office who has since shut down and have tried to contact the new office via phone but no luck.

But just checked again and under law in my state the physician themselves has to maintain all records for at least 5 years so I'll try contacting him at his new office for my scans. The old office closing down is also supposed to notify you where your records will be transferred but I can't find any emails, might have gotten something in the mail and threw it away, hopefully contacting the dr at his new office will work though. If not, sounds like a fuckin easy law suit in the books to me :lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul:
yeah if the doc is in the area they need to have I think minimum 3 years back worth of records, if the patient doesn't show up in that long then they're considered new again.

• +1
Reactions: User28823
yes

yeah if the doc is in the area they need to have I think minimum 3 years back worth of records, if the patient doesn't show up in that long then they're considered new again.
oh shit bhai i just found my scans after checking another patient portal

theyre on Picom365 and rn only see from 2 perspectives even those the machine rotated around my face but not behind i don't think or can't remember

also, ive gotten a shit done of 360 scans from dentists cant i legally request those scans too?

theyre on Picom365 and rn only see from 2 perspectives even those the machine rotated around my face but not behind i don't think or can't remember

also, ive gotten a shit done of 360 scans from dentists cant i legally request those scans too?
actually i think thats just how the scan was performed, to only scan my sinuses for less radiation

brutal that means i will need to see a maxo to scan my facial structure

anything that is done to you is legally yours unless you signed something saying otherwise but that would be mal practice. You can ask for anything even progress notes they have on you. It's your health info.

• +1
Reactions: User28823
anything that is done to you is legally yours unless you signed something saying otherwise but that would be mal practice. You can ask for anything even progress notes they have on you. It's your health info.
yeah too bad this scan is only of my sinuses tho

looks like i have a massive fuckin bone spur / deviation this shit is so annoying, need to find a solid surgeon for my septorhinoplasty

yeah too bad this scan is only of my sinuses tho

looks like i have a massive fuckin bone spur / deviation this shit is so annoying, need to find a solid surgeon for my septorhinoplasty
if you want to get ct of head done for possible bimax, go to another omfs and ask about your septum and some teeth stuff.

You did your degree in CS?

if you want to get ct of head done for possible bimax, go to another omfs and ask about your septum and some teeth stuff.
dont need bimax, only self analysis of asymmetries, my teeth are straight cuz of Invisalign so tf do i tell them

if i yap bout septum theyll say go see an ent

maybe ask them about this?

You did your degree in CS?
yes bhai

dont need bimax, only self analysis of asymmetries, my teeth are straight cuz of Invisalign so tf do i tell them

if i yap bout septum theyll say go see an ent

maybe ask them about this?

yes bhai
If you need a self analysis then you just need a 3d ct of head but tell them you need MSE so they actually get your measurements.

Are you working out of school now? My bro did a cs degree and wanted to know if he should be looking certain places for a new graduate with no experience.

If you need a self analysis then you just need a 3d ct of head but tell them you need MSE so they actually get your measurements.
I got a scan done with my ortho before starting invisalign imma call and get that scan hopefully its more detailed than the other one I found of just my sinuses
Are you working out of school now? My bro did a cs degree and wanted to know if he should be looking certain places for a new graduate with no experience.
Yes I've been working since last year

New grad hiring is a dumpster fire, go to career fairs / companies with ties to ur college, usually ur college posts job postings internally from companies recruiting thats how i got my current job

• +1
Reactions: PrinceofDarkness
I got a scan done with my ortho before starting invisalign imma call and get that scan hopefully its more detailed than the other one I found of just my sinuses

Yes I've been working since last year

New grad hiring is a dumpster fire, go to career fairs / companies with ties to ur college, usually ur college posts job postings internally from companies recruiting thats how i got my current job
what positions would you recommend? I have no cs background, I'm in the stem medicine path. I'm looking for something to recommend to him, he most likely is doing something through college but what jobs should an intro level cs graduate be looking for?

what positions would you recommend? I have no cs background, I'm in the stem medicine path. I'm looking for something to recommend to him, he most likely is doing something through college but what jobs should an intro level cs graduate be looking for?
did he not have an aspiring career prior to choosing CS?
most ppl go into software engineering

did he not have an aspiring career prior to choosing CS?
most ppl go into software engineering
I think his plan is to continue into a masters idk if that has upsides with cs/ software engineering

I think his plan is to continue into a masters idk if that has upsides with cs/ software engineering
i'd only recommend a masters if ur passionate about researching a specific niche in cs