Which martial arts should I pick?

Kris Tyson

Kris Tyson

Iron
In my new gym every monday, wednesday and friday I can do martial arts. (MMA, Bushido, Boxing, Kickboxing, K-1)
Should I mix them? Like MMA+Boxing+Kickboxing? Or should I just go with MMA?
Thanks for opinion

Mix them

• +1
Reactions: Kris Tyson
Kickboxing or MMA. Dont do boxing. It is not that useful for real life

• +1
In my new gym every monday, wednesday and friday I can do martial arts. (MMA, Bushido, Boxing, Kickboxing, K-1)
Thanks for opinion
well depends what u want from ur martial art

Thanks for opinion
gachimuchi

Showing off
they will all do the job
self defense
boxing is better short term (eg: boxer for 3 months<kickboxer/mma fighter for 3 months but boxer for 1 year<kickboxer/mma fighter for 1 year(but again u can beat minimum 80% people irl with them))

the rest depends on the gym
look out for: most sparring, most active coach and highest student skill cap

So maybe one week kickboxing and other week mma?
Yeah that sounds good. Try to train 2 times in the week martial arts and that is enough I think. I used to do martial arts 3 times a week before I stopped in 2022. Will begin again soon. I have done kickboxing, kyokushin karate, shotakan karate and boxing. Ngl liked boxing and shotakan karate the most but they are not that useful. Kyokushin and kickboxing are very useful. I want to try muy thai and/or mma in the future

• +1
they will all do the job

boxing is better short term (eg: boxer for 3 months<kickboxer/mma fighter for 3 months but boxer for 1 year<kickboxer/mma fighter for 1 year(but again u can beat minimum 80% people irl with them))

the rest depends on the gym
look out for: most sparring, most active coach and highest student skill cap
A good coach is an indicator for good lessons. Most of the time if the coach is good he has a record of fighting which you can find on the internet. Also you should ask people who have been to the lessons if its good or not @Kris Tyson

• +1
Muay Thai for striking since mma focuses on everything at once you may get confused and would take longer to get good, i would rather be good at striking then learn grappling separately. I did boxing for 5 years and training muay thai since 2022. Mma strikers aren't as good as strikers from striking only sport (water is wet)

Yeah that sounds good. Try to train 2 times in the week martial arts and that is enough I think. I used to do martial arts 3 times a week before I stopped in 2022. Will begin again soon. I have done kickboxing, kyokushin karate, shotakan karate and boxing. Ngl liked boxing and shotakan karate the most but they are not that useful. Kyokushin and kickboxing are very useful. I want to try muy thai and/or mma in the future
Thanks, hope you find your most desirable sport!

• Love it
Reactions: JohnBaza
A good coach is an indicator for good lessons. Most of the time if the coach is good he has a record of fighting which you can find on the internet. Also you should ask people who have been to the lessons if its good or not @Kris Tyson
My dad used to go there. He liked it I guess

• +1
Reactions: JohnBaza
Thanks, hope you find your most desirable sport!
I think I will do kickboxing. I live in the netherlands and kickboxing is on a very high level here. Best kickboxers from this planet are usally from the netherlands. Search dutch kickboxing on yt

• +1
If you had a choice, which ones would you choose?
Depending on how much time you have, kickboxing and mma is enough. I think mma will be more grappling based which is why I would go with kickboxing as well