Which of the Seven Deadly Sins are you most guilty off? [Poll]

Which of these are you gulty of the most?

• Lust

• Gluttony

• Greed

• Sloth

• Wrath

• Envy

• Pride

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member 14693

Kraken
Which of the 7 Deadly Sins are you most guilty off, do you commit the most.

Explanation of all the 7 sins:

Lust:
Lust or lechery (Latin: luxuria "carnal") is intense longing. It is usually thought of as intense or unbridled sexual desire,[24] which may lead to fornication (including adultery), rape, bestiality, and other sinful and sexual acts; oftentimes, however, it could also mean other forms of unbridled desire, such as for money, or power. Henry Edward Manning explains that the impurity of lust transforms one into "a slave of the devil".[23]

Gluttony:
Gluttony (Latin: gula) is the overindulgence and overconsumption of anything to the point of waste. The word derives from the Latin gluttire, meaning to gulp down or swallow.[29] One reason for its condemnation is that gorging the prosperous may leave the needy hungry.[30]

Greed:
Greed (Latin: avaritia), also known as avarice, cupidity, or covetousness, is a sin of desire like lust and gluttony. However, greed (as seen by the Church) is applied to an artificial, rapacious desire as well as the pursuit of material possessions. Thomas Aquinas wrote: "Greed is a sin against God, just as all mortal sins, in as much as man condemns things eternal for the sake of temporal things." In Dante's Purgatory, the penitents are bound and laid face down on the ground for having concentrated excessively on earthly thoughts. Hoarding of materials or objects, theft, and robbery, especially by means of violence, trickery, or manipulation of authority, are all actions that may be inspired by greed. Such misdeeds can include simony, where one attempts to purchase or sell sacraments, including Holy Orders and, therefore, positions of authority in the Church hierarchy.[citation needed]

Sloth:
Sloth (Latin: tristitia, or acedia "without care") refers to a peculiar jumble of notions, dating from antiquity and including mental, spiritual, pathological, and physical states.[33] It may be defined as absence of interest or habitual disinclination to exertion.[34]

The scope of sloth is wide.[33] Spiritually, acedia first referred to an affliction attending religious persons, especially monks, wherein they became indifferent to their duties and obligations to God. Mentally, acedia has a number of distinctive components; the most important of these is affectlessness, a lack of any feeling about self or other, a mind-state that gives rise to boredom, rancor, apathy, and a passive inert or sluggish mentation. Physically, acedia is fundamentally associated with a cessation of motion and an indifference to work; it finds expression in laziness, idleness, and indolence.[33]

Wrath:
Wrath (ira) can be defined as uncontrolled feelings of anger, rage, and even hatred. Wrath often reveals itself in the wish to seek vengeance.[37] In its purest form, wrath presents with injury, violence, and hate that may provoke feuds that can go on for centuries. Wrath may persist long after the person who did another grievous wrong dies. Feelings of wrath can manifest in different ways, including impatience, hateful misanthropy, revenge, and self-destructive behavior, such as drug abuse, or suicide.[original research?]

Envy:
Envy (invidia) is characterized by an insatiable desire like greed and lust. It can be described as a sad or resentful covetousness towards the traits or possessions of someone else. It arises from vainglory[39] and severs a man from his neighbor.[23]

Pride:
Pride is identified as dangerously corrupt selfishness, putting one's own desires, urges, wants, and whims before the welfare of others. Dante's definition of pride was "love of self perverted to hatred and contempt for one's neighbor".

@Xangsane @ifyouwannabemylover @gribsufer1

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath, Elvisandreaa, OldRooster and 1 other person
@Biggdink you fat lusterous lazy fuck

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 7580
For me it’s definitely gluttony, I’m very impulsive unfortunately

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22354 and Deleted member 14693
I'd say sloth when it comes to actual actions as I'm not raping or hurting others but am rotting

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14693
lust or larp tbh

• +1
Sloth and Gluttony

Sloth also fits your posts tbh
now that i read it again probably yea i guess

but then again i've sticked to the same goal for the last 2 to 3 years and as a result i mog past self into the shadow realm

Last edited:
  • +1
Wrath.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19453 and Deleted member 14693
its going to become pride very soon.
Screenshot 20221204 191955 Chrome

• +1
Surprisingly competitive poll

• +1