Which one of you got this jaw implant?

Z

zq336

Iron

Guy gets pretty big sized jaw and chin implants, thinks he needs more, so he DOUBLES all of the previous dimensions.

"He went on to heal uneventfully but decided after three months that it was too big. He has opted for a new custom jawline implant with more modest dimensions."

Wish there were pictures lol. Sort of feel bad for him, sounds like he was completely convinced that bigger is better.

hard to imagine going though 3 separate jaw implant operations.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470
I'm sure that result looks so refined and natural! Probably one of the better results where you get 5 inches of projection on each side that I have EVER seen. Kudos to the dr on this one for such an aesthetically pleasing result!

hard to imagine going though 3 separate jaw implant operations.

I went through a goretex chin implant, followed by silicone chin/jaw implants that became mobile, followed by misplaced medpor implants, followed by a disastrous replacement attempt where custom medpor implants made to conform to a CT scan of my native mandible were "accidentally" placed over the medpor implants that were supposed to be removed, followed by two more failed removal attempts, a final successful removal attempt, and bimax. I wouldn't recommend it

• So Sad
Reactions: Vitruvian
I went through a goretex chin implant, followed by silicone chin/jaw implants that became mobile, followed by misplaced medpor implants, followed by a disastrous replacement attempt where custom medpor implants made to conform to a CT scan of my native mandible were "accidentally" placed over the medpor implants that were supposed to be removed, followed by two more failed removal attempts, a final successful removal attempt, and bimax. I wouldn't recommend it
Keep going...

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4430 and Deleted member 4054
So was that your case or did you just chime in? How is your result now after all those past failures?

No that wasn't my case. My result is "acceptable", but I have some lingering damage that can't be easily corrected like masseter retraction, mentalis damage with lip incompetence, and some nerve damage. Not trying to discourage anyone from implants btw, for people without overt maxillomandibular recession they are a great option. I was just extremely unlucky.