Which option is better

.*my*.

.*my*.

Kess mah ess
I am about 16% body fat right now, I’m bulking for the next 2-3 months. By then my body fat percentage will either stay the same (unlikely) or it will go up 1-2%.

I will start my cut in march, but an interesting thought entered my head recently.

My goal is to reach 8-9% body fat by june or july, but maybe I can cut down to 12-13% and then recomp so I can preserve more muscle and maybe even grow some. So is it better to just remain in a deficit the whole time until I reach my goal? Or is it better to recomp at some point?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7785
Bulk until May and do protein-sparring modified fast.

Okay, I checked it out again recently and some website says:

"Research shows that a PSMF increases short-term weight loss while preserving muscle mass. However, some studies have found that it may not be effective for sustaining weight loss in the long term." https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/psmf-diet#weight-loss

Wikipedia also says, "People on the diet reduce body fat, but the diet is not generally effective in helping achieve durable weight loss.[2]".

Maybe, then, if you are just losing for the summer and plan on bulking again it would be okay to do. Basically, for you anyways, I think it would be like 800 cals a day of just protein until you're satisfied with your results, but you probably would want to look more into it before actually doing it.

Last edited:
Bulk until May and do protein-sparring modified fast.

Okay, I checked it out again recently and some website says:

"Research shows that a PSMF increases short-term weight loss while preserving muscle mass. However, some studies have found that it may not be effective for sustaining weight loss in the long term." https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/psmf-diet#weight-loss

Wikipedia also says, "People on the diet reduce body fat, but the diet is not generally effective in helping achieve durable weight loss.[2]".

Maybe, then, if you are just losing for the summer and plan on bulking again it would be okay to do. Basically, for you anyways, I think it would be like 800 cals a day of just protein until you're satisfied with your results, but you probably would want to look more into it before actually doing it.
That’s just theory. Thanks but no thanks.

usually people cut in spring and summer because there is hot and you sweet a lot + drink more liquid + they want to look good at beech
bulk autumn and winter

• +1
Reactions: .*my*.
usually people cut in spring and summer because there is hot and you sweet a lot + drink more liquid + they want to look good at beech
bulk autumn and winter
Cool. You got an answer for me?