WHITE ROASTIE REJECTED MY JOB APPLICATION (at an ethnic company) DUE TO MY AGE EVEN THOUGH I TAILORED THE APPLICATION, AND HAD THE EXPERIENCE.

IMG 3028

• +1
Reactions: Xangsane
45 year old roasties don't like pretty boys.

I had the opposite experience today - job offer. I'll make a thread about it later.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: SecularIslamist
  • +1
They want George Clooney classy looks
I even put my photo on the application because someone said it's a good idea in my case but nope, still rejection. However, I looked on LinkedIn, and the job advert, the job ad was closed and it said "role filled". I looked at LinkedIn to see who had the role, and it was given to some white woman in her late 20s with a Bachelor's degree from a low-ranking university and barely much experience.
I'm not gonna go for it. Job is good esp career wise but pay is shitter.
That's fair, mental health and wealth comes first. Don't take it.

• +1
I even put my photo on the application because someone said it's a good idea in my case but nope, still rejection. However, I looked on LinkedIn, and the job advert, the job ad was closed and it said "role filled". I looked at LinkedIn to see who had the role, and it was given to some white woman in her late 20s with a Bachelor's degree from a low-ranking university and barely much experience.
Jfl I did this as well for some other jobs I was rejected from. Every single one was a female.

Ironically I'm in opposite position to you. This job I was offered was by two roasties in mid-40s and 90% (I'm not kidding) of staff were female and white - around 15% ethnic. I think I was going to get hired on basis of "inclusion" tbh..

Pay is like 4k shitter. And although commute is cheaper, I'll still probably lose out on £200-300 per month. Basically a short holiday somewhere in Europe....

• +1
Jfl I did this as well for some other jobs I was rejected from. Every single one was a female.
Yes the one I got rejected from today had HR consisting of only white females, and the role was given to a white female. But people told me that "if the HR people are women you're more likely to get in...." total joke.
Ironically I'm in opposite position to you. This job I was offered was by two roasties in mid-40s and 90% (I'm not kidding) of staff were female and white - around 15% ethnic. I think I was going to get hired on basis of "inclusion" tbh..
Sounds like it. The workers composition tells you EXACTLY what they think of poc.
Pay is like 4k shitter. And although commute is cheaper, I'll still probably lose out on £200-300 per month. Basically a short holiday somewhere in Europe....
And you can't WFH?

• +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back