White women become incels in Asia

Callooh_Calais

Callooh_Calais

Drink Milk and Lift
Since a lot of people seem to be coping with the idea that Asian women are considered by all groups to be more attractive than White women, I thought I'd share this interesting anecdote from a White woman in Japan who struggles to get laid, due to the sheer competition from Asian girls in the vicinity; throughout, you can hear her frustration percolate through her words

“We usually have a tough time keeping female teachers here,” my boss informed me on my first day of work as an English teacher in Tokyo. “They usually don’t last more than six months.” I looked up from studying the roster list of teachers (30 — all male), in surprise.

Vagabondish is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Read our disclosure.
“You mean at this school?”

“No, I mean … in Japan.” He shrugged. “Tokyo’s a tough city to be single … If you’re, you know … a western woman.

I stole a quick glance at the photos that were mounted on the wall behind him. Four middle-aged White Dudes. All of them were bearded and balding. All of them resembled the aging, stringy-haired members of the band Metallica. And all of them were pressed up against the model-thin bodies of a heavily made-up Japanese Beauty Queen.

I don’t think I’ll have a problem, I thought.

It wasn’t that I was beauty queen gorgeous. Far from it. Slim, medium-height, with hazel eyes and freckles, I was at best ‘cute’ and at worst, average. But I had something that the competition didn’t: long, naturally curly, blond hair. Furthermore, I was bilingual, well-traveled and college-educated.

But as I realized a few weeks into my stay in Japan, I was also mysteriously, frustratingly invisible.

Cute baristas at Starbucks wouldn’t look at me, business men on bicycles ran over me and college students hurriedly backed away from me with mumbled apologies whenever I tried to strike up a conversation about the weather or ask for directions. They wouldn’t even give me the time of day. Literally.

“You’ve got to be assertive,” my Japanese girlfriends advised. “Japanese guys are shy so you have to make the first move.” So I smiled invitingly at men in bars and on busses. I asked for help reading restaurant menus and subway signs.

“Do you have any book / drink reccomendatioins?” was my usual line as I stood near them in bookstores or sat next to them on barstools. But the ‘come hither’ stare or conversation starter doesn’t work if the other person refuses to look at you. If they met my gaze at me at all, it was just to shoot me this panicked look, like I’d just asked them to father my unborn children. My boss had been right. It was hard to be a single, western woman in Japan. But why?

I turned to the Internet for advice and was surprised to learn that the Dateless Western Woman was a familiar character in the expat world, at least judging from the score of postings on expat forums by lonely, single females.

But as wide-spread as the problem seemed to be, it was one that many women avoided talking about. Understandably it was a tough subject to discuss without grossly overgeneralizing fifty percent of a country’s population or worse, sounding like a racist or a man-hating, snob.

The pervading theory though, among expats and Japanese alike, was that Japanese men were in fact attracted to western women but were just too intimidated to do anything about it. Western women in Asia were like the Jennifer Anistons of the expat world. Strong, independent, assertive and outspoken, they were interesting to admire from afar, but no man would ever dream of striking up a conversation with one. Western women were so different, so foreign, they were virtually un-datable.

Not true for their Y-chromosome-carrying expat buddies though. While the female expats spent Saturday nights alone, crying into their Ramen bowls, their male counterparts drank freely from the dating pool like they owned it. Which in a way, they did.

If you’ve ever visited Asia, you’ve likely seen the pale, rail-thin, greasy-haired white boy walking hand-in hand with a perfectly made-up, mini-skirt wearing Asian chick. This would never happen anywhere else in the world. Because everywhere else, Barbie ends up with Ken, not his underemployed, socially-awkward, samurai-sword-collecting neighbor, Kevin. But in Asia, dating rules defy all logic or evolutionary law. In Asia, the nerd is king.

Not that I wished it otherwise. For the most part, I was happy for them. These men wouldn’t have been able to score a date at home if they’d been a calender but in Asia they’d nabbed the prom queen. They were true success stories. Who could blame them for taking advantage of a magical loophole that allowed them to date women out of their league? If such a nirvana existed for Western woman, I’m sure I’d have moved there too.

But although the occasional coupling sparked the “Is she really going out with him?” question, it was easy to understand why Japanese woman saw Western men — even the nerdy ones — as attractive dating prospects. They were straight-forward and open-minded, for one thing. And through their Western, wire-rimmed eyes, they viewed relationships as an equal partnership, which was something the more traditional, close-minded of Japanese men still struggled to do. I figured that so long as they treated their girlfriends well and both partners were happy with the arrangement, what did it matter if their peculiar quirks and bizarre comments got lost in translation a little? Even the socially awkward deserved to love and be loved.

But it was hard not to feel jealous. Especially as I spent weekend after weekend, bravely facing the club’s dance floor alone while my dorky expat brothers expertly flirted for phone numbers and first dates. They were like kids in a candy store. The Japanese women were gourmet truffles, while the western women were the three-year-old tootsie rolls melted to the bottom of the barrel. The Japanese men might have been frightened of us but the other expat men just flat-out ignored us.

But as I often reminded myself, I hadn’t come to Asia for a boyfriend. I’d come because I wanted to master Japanese and explore a culture drastically different from my own. But I just hadn’t expected that moving my life to Japan would mean leaving my love life at home. As much as I’d enjoyed my life in Tokyo, it just didn’t seem like a fair trade.

Not that the female dating situation in Japan wasn’t without the occasional success story. I knew of a few women who’d come to Japan and left with husbands or fiancées in tow. But they were the minority. Most western women came to Japan single and stayed that way.

I was walking from work one Friday evening when it dawned on me that I’d
been in Japan for nine months. I inwardly congratulated myself for having beat the odds. I’d proven my boss wrong. But as I trudged home to face another evening of reruns of The Office and left-over sushi from 7-11, I wondered at what cost. Most days I felt unattractive, unwanted and worst of all, unfemale. When not even a short skirt or slinky top attracted more than a passing glance and even construction workers, who could usually be counted on for a leer, regarded me with bored, blank expressions, I felt like a Martian. And very, very alone. Perhaps I’d been wrong not to leave when the last shipload of foreign women sailed away to brighter horizons and better dating odds.

Because the truth is that Tokyo’s a tough city to be single … if you’re, you know, a Western woman.

Now what's interesting is that China Daily seems to have had a similar story being reported (from 10 years ago, so I'm sure it's only gotten worse) from women who live in Beijing

Tonight after 10 o'clock, Beijing's bars and club will come to life, celebrating the official start of the weekend once again. The lighting will be ambient, the music beating a stimulating tempo, and, with every glass of liquid courage imbibed, the night owls will start prowling. Guys will be hitting on girls, girls will be hitting on guys, and all the permutations in between.

One group of lonely, frustrated folks in the corner won't be participating - the Western women.

A 20-something American friend complained to me recently, "I feel invisible in Beijing. The other day I walked by a table of Western men at a caf and nothing happened. Back home, I would've expected at least a head turn!"

Is it true? Are Western women "invisible" in this town?

I've heard this complaint often - that male expats find no trouble romping around their new host city while female expats are perpetually hanging out in the dating doldrums.

As I set out this week to investigate the truth - or myth - behind this urban tale, I initially came across this scathing review of the gender and cultural inequality in our beloved city.

"Men come to Beijing and they fall - it is a city of fallen men," said a female professional.

It's easy to set the blame squarely on the men. Most of the women I talked to banded together to bolster their claim that it's a simple case of Western men having no standards when it comes to romance in Beijing.

But that sees like a sweepingly unfair judgment when we stop to look at the many fair ladies here gracing the arms of Chinese and Westerners alike.

The men, of course, see the matter in a different light. They say they're just taking "cultural exchange" very seriously during their time in Beijing.

One man told me, "Some of us are here for the whole experience, so we experiment with cultural and ethnic diversity."

Another put it a little more bluntly: "I think white girls here are at a disadvantage because a lot of white males here have some degree of yellow fever. There are Western guys that are only into Chinese girls."

Perhaps this explanation, although unfair, is somewhat understandable. After all, do we blame the gourmet traveler for sipping champagne when in Champagne?

But, if yellow fever is the culprit it does beg the question, "Don't Western women catch the yellow fever too?"

Apparently not. At least not according to the popular opinion in my survey sample. Some female expats themselves readily admit that they just aren't attracted to Chinese men, much to the dismay of some of those men.

An Asian-American told me his woe of being part of an unloved cohort: "The media just doesn't portray us as sex objects. It gets even worse with Western women because the height factor alone is a problem. Women want to date tall guys and a lot of us Asian men are smaller than the white girls."

Physical attraction is certainly important, but it isn't everything, even in the fickle mood that seizes the bar crowd late at night. There seems to be a cultural factor that plays to the advantage of Western male-Chinese female relationships, but doesn't translate well into Western female-Chinese male pairings.

Quite simply, the issue is that "Chinese guys are just less aggressive."

This culturally gentler approach becomes a double whammy - against the favor of female expats - when a Chinese man considers his approach in a social setting.

One man broke it down for me as such, "I think Chinese guys are intimidated by white girls, all the while being curious about them. I don't think they have the guts to approach them."

There are exceptions to the rule, but overall, the young Beijingers I grilled about gender, culture, race and dating agreed that acceptable levels of "aggression" is a big part of the problem.

One European woman, who has had plenty of luck in love in the capital, told me her secret: "One thing that almost every Chinese guy has told me is, 'You're so quiet and soft. You're not like the other Western women - they're so frightening.'"

But what about women who, like me, are naturally more assertive? Her other secret is not quite simple: "I think I haven't had any problems dating here because I'm actually looking at the Chinese guys when I go out."

There you have it. While physical and cultural factors are behind the distorted dynamics in Beijing's pick up scene, it doesn't hurt anybody's chances to try something new.

For the Western friends who complain of a tough time finding a man in Beijing, maybe looking at a Chinese man tonight is a first step. Proactively striking up a conversation is perhaps the next logical one.

Tl;Dr White women become literal incels in Asia since White men only want Asian girls and Asian guys prefer their own women too. You can see endless reports like this on reddit, weibo, et. al of Western Women bemoaning their incel status in Asia.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Mewton, Truecel14, qaum and 14 others
@Toth's thot a blonde woman struggling with ethnics i thinK OP is an asian woman

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Patient A, Acromegaly_Chad, Deleted member 16380 and 11 others
Ofc short and feminine asian men feel emasculated by white women
They're built for tall white men

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: greeneyes, Banderacell, Patient A and 28 others
“if you think you’re smart because smart people like Asian girls, you’re probably right.”

• +1
Reactions: Truecel14 and FrameMogger
  • JFL
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: slayerToBe, to be human, Deleted member 13787 and 5 others
Ofc short and feminine asian men feel emasculated by white women
They're built for tall white men
you could say this about black women as well :feelskek:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19551, Deleted member 19036, Deleted member 17291 and 3 others
It's mostly mid to low tier Beckys that really feel the pinch in Asia. Stacy's still get chads and changs chasing them aggressively

• +1
Reactions: to be human and FrameMogger
ofc limp dicked 140cm tall chinks are afraid of gl women
what an irony btw
i doubt the men the “white woman” wanted were short they were probs 6’ outliers

• +1
Reactions: to be human and Toth's thot
364A1427 3429 4E54 A2A5 9EA53D324A5B

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19551
  • JFL
  • Woah
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Deleted member 17291 and Deleted member 2403
  • +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas, PrinceLuenLeoncur and Toth's thot
  • JFL
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Patient A, Deleted member 13787, closedplatecel and 4 others
He’s saying black women are like white women in that both are tall and have quite masculine features compared to baby faced china race. Avg white woman is a frame mogger compared to Asian men. White women are built for real men, so are black and Polynesian women

• +1
Reactions: AscensionMan98
something like "ching chong", racist asians use it when they see white/hapa people
fuck i just remembered i kept a letter some japanese scholgirl wrote me when i was in her class for a month, she kept saying hafu and how she loves the english language and wants to talk to me

my autistic ass got scared and tried to avoid her :feelswah:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Patient A, Jarate, Truecel14 and 3 others
fuck i just remembered i kept a letter some japanese scholgirl wrote me when i was in her class for a month, she kept saying hafu and how she loves the english language and wants to talk to me

my autistic ass got scared and tried to avoid her :feelswah:

• Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and Deleted member 2403
Since a lot of people seem to be coping with the idea that Asian women are considered by all groups to be more attractive than White women, I thought I'd share this interesting anecdote from a White woman in Japan who struggles to get laid, due to the sheer competition from Asian girls in the vicinity; throughout, you can hear her frustration percolate through her words

Now what's interesting is that China Daily seems to have had a similar story being reported (from 10 years ago, so I'm sure it's only gotten worse) from women who live in Beijing

Tl;Dr White women become literal incels in Asia since White men only want Asian girls and Asian guys prefer their own women too. You can see endless reports like this on reddit, weibo, et. al of Western Women bemoaning their incel status in Asia.
No shit men prefer women of their own race as well… :hnghn::hnghn::hnghn: ethnics and blacks In the west only like Whire girlsdue to media exposure and propoganda being forced fed to them since birth in the west. Even curries usually prefer their women over white girls

He’s saying black women are like white women in that both are tall and have quite masculine features compared to baby faced china race. Avg white woman is a frame mogger compared to Asian men. White women are built for real men, so are black and Polynesian women
how does a 3-5 inches shorter (depending on the asian country) white woman frame mog asian men? show me a study

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot and PrinceLuenLeoncur
how does a 3-5 inches shorter (depending on the asian country) white woman frame mog asian men? show me a study
Have you left your house recently? Have you seen how many white girls are 5’7 in height and large JFL leave your house mate they are huge sure a lot are small they are still women but come one stop acting as if white women aren’t masculine moggers

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: stevielake, AlexanderTheGreat and Deleted member 2403
Have you left your house recently? Have you seen how many white girls are 5’7 in height and large JFL leave your house mate they are huge sure a lot are small they are still women but come one stop acting as if white women aren’t masculine moggers
the 5’7 white women are the equivalent of 5’10-6’ asian men though (depends on the asian country im talking east asia), that’s like saying i see 5’10-6’ asian men therefore they’re height moggers

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, .🇹🇩. and PrinceLuenLeoncur
the 5’7 white women are the equivalent of 5’10-6’ asian men though (depends on the asian country im talking east asia), that’s like saying i see 5’10-6’ asian men therefore they’re height moggers
Come europe man I see MANY 5’7+ white girls they are VERY common

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: .🇹🇩., Smoke Fanboy and AlexanderTheGreat
Everyone knows white “””women””” are disgusting and anyone with a brain would avoid western “”” women””” of any race at all costs

• +1
Reactions: closedplatecel, Deleted member 15390, PrinceLuenLeoncur and 1 other person
where u from
UK. And I have gone to mainland Europe and the same is true there. 5’6-7 white women are not rare and ethnic men are barely ever taller than this

Asian men have no balls to hit on white foids.

• +1
Reactions: EdouardManlet, Deleted member 17291 and ScoobyCurry420
Asian foids fog masculine white foids who look like trannies literally water:rolleyes:

• +1
  • JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Truecel14, FrameMogger and 3 others

and ur mom becoms arr whore anywhere haha

Everyone knows white “””women””” are disgusting and anyone with a brain would avoid western “”” women””” of any race at all costs
This.
Also as most women are white in the west it mean that white women are the most corrupted women on earth making them default the worst race of woman

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 15390, whiteissuperior and Oberyn
No shit men prefer women of their own race as well… :hnghn::hnghn::hnghn: ethnics and blacks In the west only like Whire girlsdue to media exposure and propoganda being forced fed to them since birth in the west. Even curries usually prefer their women over white girls
Even curries usually prefer their women over white girls

WHO THE FUCK HAS BEEN FEEDING YOU THESE LIES. :lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul: Your average western curry woman doesnt find your average western curry guy attractive at ALL. AND VICE VERSA. They only want lightskin chadpreets, or white high tier normies at the very least, and curry males want atleast a light brown curry becky or they will go for ltb-becky white girls.

EGnlpaLUcAEmGMO

• JFL
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur
WHO THE FUCK HAS BEEN FEEDING YOU THESE LIES. :lul::lul::lul::lul::lul::lul: Your average western curry woman doesnt find your average western curry guy attractive at ALL. AND VICE VERSA. They only want lightskin chadpreets, or white high tier normies at the very least, and curry males want atleast a light brown curry becky or they will go for ltb-becky white girls.

View attachment 1662347
Nonsense, your far more likely to see whire women and black women with men of other races than curry women and according to stats black and white women are the most racist hmmm 🤔. It’s stupid media exposure that makes it the case and light skin Indians look at most like Iranians/Arabs not like Europeans so MUH JBW doesn’t even apply here if you want to use that shit it would be JBA (just be arab) for curries.

Russian models are a major import to China.

• +1
Reactions: Patient A, Deleted member 14905, Preoximerianas and 2 others
This is bc Japan is legit the incel country and their men's sex drives are low af

• +1
Reactions: Jarate and Deleted member 17291
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Lygodactylus
True, I've noticed this. why is that?

Hired as cheap models in the entertainment industry for the "exotic" factor + to maybe deal with the leftover men epidemic.

• +1
Reactions: Lygodactylus
These men wouldn’t have been able to score a date at home if they’d been a calender but in Asia they’d nabbed the prom queen. They were true success stories. Who could blame them for taking advantage of a magical loophole that allowed them to date women out of their league? If such a nirvana existed for Western woman, I’m sure I’d have moved there too.
JFL that she doesn't know about hookup apps.

• +1
Reactions: Jarate
Hired as cheap models in the entertainment industry for the "exotic" factor + to maybe deal with the leftover men epidemic.
Cool, it'd be interesting if they did the same with white passing men.

• +1
Reactions: Preoximerianas
Cool, it'd be interesting if they did the same with white passing men.

They probably do but I would guess woman being...well woman would be more desirable for entertainment like modeling.

I thought I'd share this interesting anecdote from a White woman in Japan who struggles to get laid, due to the sheer competition from Asian girls in the vicinity;
This is the woman who wrote the article(Reannon Muth), it's no wonder she can't get laid there, she's below average:
ReannonMuth-Stranger23.jpg
6869912734_d2389b73d9_b.jpg

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Jarate and FrameMogger
ofc limp dicked 140cm tall chinks are afraid of gl women
what an irony btw
Curries are mercilessly sleazy towards the same women though jfl

• JFL
Reactions: Johanjohan
It's mostly mid to low tier Beckys that really feel the pinch in Asia. Stacy's still get chads and changs chasing them aggressively
>Asian
>Chad

Pick one u faggot

• +1
Reactions: Smoke Fanboy and Deleted member 17291
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Patient A and Johanjohan
If I got an LTR with a girl I would strongly consider moving to Asia with her so that I never have to worry about her getting her ego inflated 24/7 and the threat of her cucking me isn't there

• +1
Reactions: Patient A
If I got an LTR with a girl I would strongly consider moving to Asia with her so that I never have to worry about her getting her ego inflated 24/7 and the threat of her cucking me isn't there
It's actually kinda based to find a white woman and be in Asia with her

@Detona

• +1
Reactions: isis_Bleach

Its because noodle women are friendly very submissive and understanding say if you are nervous before sex etc

White women won't be this way they're more likely to ridicule you, so tbh I'm not surprised if be the same

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16380