Who are some celebrities, movie stars, etc. with recessed maxillas?

CarlSagan96

CarlSagan96

In a better place
  • Jeremy Meeks
  • Robert Pattinson
  • Chico
Who else?

Casey Neistat

chico doesn't have a recessed maxila, JFL

Chico has an ideal maxilla jfl at anyone calling him recessed:

Tom cruise is recessed:

Gandy is recessed

Sean Opry is recessed

Edward Norton is recessed:

Hallmarks of recession: Smile lines, bird nose, bags under eyes,

Brad Pitt is not recessed, he just has a genetically weak chin:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656 and CarlSagan96
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
None of these fucks know what recessed maxilla is

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: psl7 fatty, Mateusz74, Vitruvian and 1 other person
Chico has an ideal maxilla jfl at anyone calling him recessed:

Gandy is recessed
View attachment 93877
Sean Opry is recessed
View attachment 93879
Gandy slightly lacks maxillary protrusion. That's self-evident.

How on Earth you can say Chico has a better maxilla than O'Pry when O'Pry's is noticeably more forward is beyond me. Chico's FCA is something like 10 degrees higher than O'Pry's despite him having both a considerably weaker browridge and chin, and O'Pry's is a perfect 168.

The only area Chico is more forward than O'Pry is the upper maxilla, which is the least important part.

I don't know why you're masquerading as an authority on the topic when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Gandy slightly lacks maxillary protrusion. That's self-evident.

How on Earth you can say Chico has a better maxilla than O'Pry when O'Pry's is noticeably more forward is beyond me. Chico's FCA is something like 10 degrees higher than O'Pry's despite him having both a considerably weaker browridge and chin, and O'Pry's is a perfect 168.

The only area Chico is more forward than O'Pry is the upper maxilla, which is the least important part.

I don't know why you're masquerading as an authority on the topic when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
I know more than you do, you clearly don't understand the whole "forward maxilla" thing.

Opry appears to have a forward maxilla because he keeps his head titled back a lot
seanblack2.jpg

images

Notice that despite having a much more developed chin than Chico, opry's chin is about projected as far forward in profile. Chico has a better maxilla, bit opry has better bones to compensate. You can tell opry is recessed seeing how far back his nostrils are, like they sink into the face a bit while Chico's sit pretty far forward.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4797 and Deleted member 656
Recessed is obvious and extreme, most people don't have a compact midface, it's rare like Di Caprio

pretty much every single one of them.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685
I know more than you do, you clearly don't understand the whole "forward maxilla" thing.

Opry appears to have a forward maxilla because he keeps his head titled back a lot
seanblack2.jpg

images

Notice that despite having a much more developed chin than Chico, opry's chin is about projected as far forward in profile. Chico has a better maxilla, bit opry has better bones to compensate. You can tell opry is recessed seeing how far back his nostrils are, like they sink into the face a bit while Chico's sit pretty far forward.
The pair of them with identical posture. There's no tilting here, this is neutral head posture.
20190527 050319
20190524 085553

Notice the position of their lower maxillas (philtrum and upper lip) relative to their chins, browridges, eyes, nasions, whatever you want to. O'Pry's is noticeably further forward. And that's IN SPITE of each of his other features being larger and more forward.

The pair of them with identical posture. There's no tilting here, this is neutral head posture.
View attachment 94134View attachment 94135

Notice the position of their lower maxillas (philtrum and upper lip) relative to their chins, browridges, eyes, nasions, whatever you want to. O'Pry's is noticeably further forward. And that's IN SPITE of each of his other features being larger and more forward.
I see what you mean. My main concern is the position of the upper maxilla forces the lower jaw to occlude farther back. You can see in opry's case that the front of his chin is roughly lined up with the middle.of his nose, while Chico's chin, while smaller in total mass, is lined up with the front of his nose.

Also notice Chico's gonial angle is lower. Considering your evidence, I guess opry might not be as recessed as I thought, though it is evident his maxilla is not ideal given the bend in his nose.

• +1
Also notice Chico's gonial angle is lower.
Actually Chico's gonial is slightly higher. His is about 125, whereas O'Pry's is about 120. But that's because Chico has a forward sloping ramus, which is partially concealed by the stubble. O'Pry's ramus is near vertical, though the actual mandibular plane is definitely more downwards. Afaik this is caused by having a taller lower third, which is relatively common, without having a proportionately taller ramus because tall ramuses are very uncommon.

You can see in opry's case that the front of his chin is roughly lined up with the middle.of his nose, while Chico's chin, while smaller in total mass, is lined up with the front of his nose.
Is this not just because Chico has a comparatively smaller nose? And in any case wouldn't a forward maxilla push the nose forward anyway? I would have thought the fact O'Pry's nose is further forward relative to his chin is an indicator that his maxilla is forward, rather than backwards. Unless you mean the inverse, and that O'Pry's chin lacks forwardness?

Though it is evident his maxilla is not ideal given the bend in his nose.
Dorsal humps are a very common feature, and both Roman and hook noses are stereotypical of North Atlantid types. Why do you suppose that would be to do with the maxilla?

Actually Chico's gonial is slightly higher. His is about 125, whereas O'Pry's is about 120. But that's because Chico has a forward sloping ramus, which is partially concealed by the stubble. O'Pry's ramus is near vertical, though the actual mandibular plane is definitely more downwards. Afaik this is caused by having a taller lower third, which is relatively common, without having a proportionately taller ramus because tall ramuses are very uncommon.

Is this not just because Chico has a comparatively smaller nose? And in any case wouldn't a forward maxilla push the nose forward anyway? I would have thought the fact O'Pry's nose is further forward relative to his chin is an indicator that his maxilla is forward, rather than backwards. Unless you mean the inverse, and that O'Pry's chin lacks forwardness?

Dorsal humps are a very common feature, and both Roman and hook noses are stereotypical of North Atlantid types. Why do you suppose that would be to do with the maxilla?
I think it does have to do with the maxilla. The dorsal hump is the result of the nasal cartilage being pulled down, thus not lining up with the angle of the nasal bridge. It's evident seeing that a good portion of those with bird noses also have recessed chins

• +1
I think it does have to do with the maxilla. The dorsal hump is the result of the nasal cartilage being pulled down, thus not lining up with the angle of the nasal bridge. It's evident seeing that a good portion of those with bird noses also have recessed chins
Yet you get guys like Gandy and O'Pry that have monster chins with those noses.

Yet you get guys like Gandy and O'Pry that have monster chins with those noses.
They aren't super recessed, and they have big chins which compensate for how much a recessed maxilla normally sets the chin back. If they had Brad Pitt tier chins their profiles would be convex and recessed

• +1
They aren't super recessed, and they have big chins which compensate for how much a recessed maxilla normally sets the chin back. If they had Brad Pitt tier chins their profiles would be convex and recessed
I guess that just proves slight maxillary recession isn't a significant thing. They could get a rhino and they'd probably look better than if they had it all corrected.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 470
me bro

• +1