Whole-foods, plant-based diet tips

Reckless Turtle

Reckless Turtle

Kraken
These are techniques I've gained from the past 3 years.

Firstly, get a Cronometer account to track your nutritional intake.

Legumes:
  • Lentils
  • Beans
  • Chickpeas
You need to cook these properly in order to avoid gas/bloating. Boil them in water, poor them into a colander, rinse them in the colander under cold water, and then put them back into a fresh pot of boiling water to continue cooking. Each legume has its own cooking time (relative to its surface area:volume ratio); most larger beans need to be soaked in water for a while prior to cooking.

Nuts:
  • Peanuts
  • Walnuts
  • Cashews
  • Almonds
  • Brazil nuts (expensive but good source of selenium)
You can get these salted just to get your sodium intake up.

Grains:
  • Brown rice
  • Quinoa
  • Rolled oats

Greens:
  • Kale
  • Spinach
  • Bok choy
Cook these. They are good for bumping up your calcium intake.

Tubers/roots:
  • Sweet potato (good source of β-Carotene)
  • Ginger (helps reduce inflammation; I blend the roots in a blender)
You can peel the skin off these to reduce roughage.

Fruits:
  • Mango
  • Apple
  • Berries
  • Kiwi
  • Banana
  • Avocado (good source of fat)
I eat a lot of fruit. Just pick your favorite and least expensive, honestly. You can use fruit as an easy source of sugar for cooking (bananas work best).

Fungus:
  • Mushrooms (get vitamin D-enriched mushrooms if possible)

Processed things:
  • Plant milks (some have a vitamin B12 supplement which is needed; I use soy milk for cooking because it has the highest protein content)
  • Peanut butter (unsweetened with no oil; I use this for peanut butter sandwiches)
  • Tofu/tempeh (protein source with most/all of the fiber removed; helps lower your fiber intake)
  • Oil (you can use this to increase your fat/calorie intake without the fiber)

Supplements:
  • Vitamin D3 + K2 (it's hard to get both of these at max amounts through the diet alone; I've tried both capsules and liquid droppers but I don't know which is more effective)
  • Vitamin B12 (I only supplement this through nutritional yeast and plant milk; the pills and shots contain excessively high doses that can cause breakouts/inflammation)
  • Alpha-galactosidase (Beano) (you can take this before eating to reduce gas/bloating)
  • Protein powder (I don't use this, but you can use plant-based protein powder to knock up your protein intake)

I cook my main meals in pots of water (stews). Just throw a bunch of the aforementioned food groups in a boiling pot of water. I use various spices (chili powder, turmeric, pepper, etc.) and hot sauces to get the flavor profile up. You will learn how to get the ratios and flavor right through trial and error. I cook in a huge pot so I have meal containers that last for over a week.

For snacking, I eat nuts and fruit. You can also make fruit smoothies (using a plant milk base).

For calories, I eat peanut butter sandwiches and oatmeal (with Ceylon cinnamon and flax seed). You can also make your own bulk sweet potato fries (sweet potato + oil + salt + seasoning).

Last edited:
  • JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Aladin, Deleted member 23239, Makeup_Rules and 17 others
dis nigga gonna be shidding and farding like crazy @Tony

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mogging, Deprived, Deleted member 13787 and 3 others
You taking morphine, homie, you a moron

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: tooLOW and ChristianChad
hahahahahahahaha

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: lutte, coolguy1 and ChristianChad

Legumes:
  • Lentils
  • Beans
  • Chickpeas
You need to cook these properly in order to avoid gas/bloating. Boil them in water, poor them into a colander, rinse them in the colander under cold water, and then put them back into a fresh pot of boiling water to continue cooking. Each legume has its own cooking time (relative to its surface area:volume ratio); most larger beans need to be soaked in water for a while prior to cooking.

Nuts:
  • Peanuts
  • Walnuts
  • Cashews
  • Almonds

Grains:
  • Brown rice
  • Quinoa
  • Rolled oats

Greens:
  • Kale
  • Spinach
  • Bok choy

Tubers/roots:

Fruits:
  • Mango
  • Apple
  • Berries
  • Kiwi
  • Banana
I eat a lot of fruit. Just pick your favorite and least expensive, honestly. You can use fruit as an easy source of sugar for cooking (bananas work best).

Fungus:

Processed things:
  • Plant milks (some have a vitamin B12 supplement which is needed; I use soy milk for cooking because it has the highest protein content)
  • Peanut butter (unsweetened with no oil; I use this for peanut butter sandwiches)
  • Tofu/tempeh (protein source with most/all of the fiber removed; helps lower your fiber intake)

Supplements:
  • Vitamin D3 + K2 (it's hard to get both of these at max amounts through the diet alone; I've tried both capsules and liquid droppers but I don't know which is more effective)
  • Vitamin B12 (I only supplement this through nutritional yeast and plant milk; the pills and shots contain excessively high doses that can cause breakouts/inflammation)
  • Alpha-galactosidase (Beano) (you can take this before eating to reduce gas/bloating)
  • Protein powder (I don't use this, but you can use plant-based protein powder to knock up your protein intake)

I cook my main meals in pots of water (stews). Just throw a bunch of the aforementioned food groups in a boiling pot of water. I use various spices (chili powder, turmeric, pepper, etc.) and hot sauces to get the flavor profile up. You will learn how to get the ratios and flavor right through trial and error. I cook in a huge pot so I have meal containers that last for over a week.

For snacking, I eat nuts and fruit. You can also make fruit smoothies (using a plant milk base).

For calories, I eat peanut butter sandwiches and oatmeal (with Ceylon cinnamon and flax seed). You can also make your own bulk sweet potato fries (sweet potato + oil + salt + seasoning).
suffer and die

• JFL
Reactions: tooLOW and Deleted member 16369
@TsarTsar444 needs this guide urgently

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
:lul::lul::lul:

• JFL
Reactions: subhuman incel
just kys theory

that sounds so bland

Legumes:
  • Lentils
  • Beans
  • Chickpeas

Nuts:
  • Peanuts
  • Walnuts
  • Cashews
  • Almonds

Grains:
  • Brown rice
  • Quinoa
  • Rolled oats

Greens:
  • Kale
  • Spinach
  • Bok choy

Tubers/roots:

Fruits:
  • Mango
  • Apple
  • Berries
  • Kiwi
  • Banana

Fungus:

Processed things:

Supplements:

5B23BC0D 1EAE 443A 93E6 0A67600933A7

humans are carnivores

• JFL
Reactions: subhuman incel
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and Deleted member 14848
do these experts all lie or what? inb4 "appeal to authority means nothing" they have studied these things all their life but they are wrong because they cant think correctly?

HAHAHAHA LOOK AT THESE NIGGAS.

IF u are going to trust someone that looks like this u deserve everything that will happen to u ngl

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Atem Rah, Deleted member 14848 and subhuman incel
do these experts all lie or what? inb4 "appeal to authority means nothing" they have studied these things all their life but they are wrong because they cant think correctly?

EShSbOLUYAAwuIL
do all of these doctor lie to you?
I cab do the same thing and it doesn't prove shit

• JFL
Reactions: freeone12, Deleted member 5189, JawGuyFatFaceGuy and 1 other person
I think I will try to have 1 meat-free day a week, maybe Sunday.

On a meat-free day, I would eat nuts, instant oats, vegetables, and protein powder. Maybe rice.

4 days a week I would eat fish high in omega-3 and 2 days a week chicken.

If the meat-free day feels good, maybe I can increase my meat-free days to 2-3 days a week.

What do you think of this @Reckless Turtle

On a meat-free day, I would eat nuts, instant oats, vegetables, and protein powder. Maybe rice.

If the meat-free day feels good, maybe I can increase my meat-free days to 2-3 days a week.

I dropped animal products cold turkey and replaced them with legumes and a B12 supplement, initially. Since then, I've expanded my diet more optimally.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Hirekdr, tooLOW and Wallenberg
I dropped animal products cold turkey and replaced them with legumes and a B12 supplement, initially. Since then, I've expanded my diet more optimally.
Yeah, but I like to keep my cooking simple and easy. I don't like legumes apart from peanuts. Fish and chicken are easy to cook and cheap.

Of course, I could replace fish and chicken with plant-based protein powder, but I'm not sure if that's very healthy.

Yeah, but I like to keep my cooking simple and easy. I don't like legumes apart from peanuts. Fish and chicken are easy to cook and cheap.

Of course, I could replace fish and chicken with plant-based protein powder, but I'm not sure if that's very healthy.
Legumes are even cheaper and easier to cook. If you're even lazier, there's tofu-type products (which have the additive benefit of less fiber).

Legumes are even cheaper and easier to cook. If you're even lazier, there's tofu-type products.
I eat canned fish straight from the can. Chicken is 15 mins in the oven.

Legumes:
  • Lentils
  • Beans
  • Chickpeas

Nuts:
  • Peanuts
  • Walnuts
  • Cashews
  • Almonds

Grains:
  • Brown rice
  • Quinoa
  • Rolled oats

Greens:
  • Kale
  • Spinach
  • Bok choy

Tubers/roots:

Fruits:
  • Mango
  • Apple
  • Berries
  • Kiwi
  • Banana

Fungus:

Processed things:

Supplements:

reported for gay content

• JFL
Reactions: tooLOW and Atem Rah
just need balance bhai.

I eat a lot of red meat (1kg a week), a lot.of fish (500g a week), and a reasonable amount of chicken (prob also 500g a week). I also eat about 12 eggs a week.

so I also try to have 1 or sometimes 2 vegan days a week, but I do have whey on those days.

Agreed.

Why try if you see no issue with your current diet?
When did I say I see no issue with my current diet? I was saying I eat too much meat, so balance it with those vegan days.

When did I say I see no issue with my current diet? I was saying I eat too much meat, so balance it with those vegan days.
I interpreted you using "try" as in you were trying to improve your diet.

• +1
Reactions: Chinacurry

The only day without meat is day when you don't eat anything.

• +1
Reactions: tooLOW
Supplements:
🤓

my diet:

CORE:
Seed oil
soy milk
cereal
proten powder

Not everyday:
bread
carrot
orange
tofu