Why are people so obsessed with ASPIRIN

Newday*V3

Newday*V3

Iron
Someone explain pls, i tried to jump on the hype train ages ago taking 3g a day of aspirin and I have no idea why. Wtf does it do outside of being a painkiller

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 49130
i tried to jump on the hype train ages ago taking 3g a day of aspirin

JoinedJan 13, 2024

and I have no idea why.

you have autism

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Rimaxtis, Chintuck22, LVZZO and 5 others

JoinedJan 13, 2024

and I have no idea why.

you have autism
let natural selection do its course

• +1
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: Chintuck22, NerdcelThundercok, dannydipss and 2 others

JoinedJan 13, 2024

and I have no idea why.

you have autism
Wtf does the “V3” mean in my name retard take a guess

Idk but here’s my notes on aspirin

Why Do Some People Bleed From Aspirin Even When Taking Vit. K? The Vascular And Vitamin C Connection | Ray Peat Forum

The Effect of Low‐Dose Daily Aspirin Intake on Survival in the Finnish Centenarians Cohort - Agüero‐Torres - 2001 - Journal of the American Geriatrics Society

Why Aspirin Goes Best With Bicarbonate and Glycine | Chris Masterjohn Lite #99

COX is an enzyme which promotes the activation of inflammatory processes, but also the resolution of those processes. COX inhibitors reduce the magnitude of the peak of the inflammatory process but also inhibit the resolution, and are thereby able to promote chronic low-grade inflammation.

Aspirin (specifically the acetyl group) modifies COX so that the increase in inflammation by COX is bypassed and while the resolution of the inflammatory process occurs. After the acetyl does this work, the salicylate remains. Salicylate, however, is not a COX modifier but a COX inhibitor. Glycine can neutralize salicylate, and because of this salicylate depletes glycine. Higher urine pH promotes excretion of salicylate via the urinary route.

Selective COX-2 inhibitors modulate cellular senescence in human dermal fibroblasts in a catalytic activity-independent manner - ScienceDirect

“Non-selective COX inhibitors including aspirin, ibuprofen and flurbiprofen accelerated the senescence.”

“As for the cellular senescence, aspirin inhibited senescence of human endothelial cells, whereas indomethacin accelerated it. In this case the inhibitors were found to regulate senescence via modulation of nitric oxide and ROS generation and not via inhibition of COX catalytic activity (Bode-Böger et al., 2005).”

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: ymb, Rimaxtis, thereallegend and 1 other person
Idk but here’s my notes on aspirin

Why Do Some People Bleed From Aspirin Even When Taking Vit. K? The Vascular And Vitamin C Connection | Ray Peat Forum

The Effect of Low‐Dose Daily Aspirin Intake on Survival in the Finnish Centenarians Cohort - Agüero‐Torres - 2001 - Journal of the American Geriatrics Society

Why Aspirin Goes Best With Bicarbonate and Glycine | Chris Masterjohn Lite #99

COX is an enzyme which promotes the activation of inflammatory processes, but also the resolution of those processes. COX inhibitors reduce the magnitude of the peak of the inflammatory process but also inhibit the resolution, and are thereby able to promote chronic low-grade inflammation.

Aspirin (specifically the acetyl group) modifies COX so that the increase in inflammation by COX is bypassed and while the resolution of the inflammatory process occurs. After the acetyl does this work, the salicylate remains. Salicylate, however, is not a COX modifier but a COX inhibitor. Glycine can neutralize salicylate, and because of this salicylate depletes glycine. Higher urine pH promotes excretion of salicylate via the urinary route.

Selective COX-2 inhibitors modulate cellular senescence in human dermal fibroblasts in a catalytic activity-independent manner - ScienceDirect

“Non-selective COX inhibitors including aspirin, ibuprofen and flurbiprofen accelerated the senescence.”

“As for the cellular senescence, aspirin inhibited senescence of human endothelial cells, whereas indomethacin accelerated it. In this case the inhibitors were found to regulate senescence via modulation of nitric oxide and ROS generation and not via inhibition of COX catalytic activity (Bode-Böger et al., 2005).”
So aspirin is just lowers inflammation?

So aspirin is just lowers inflammation?
Not that simple watch the Chris masterjohn video in my notes

Although it does other things besides affect COX, lots of thread on raypeatforum.com on its benefits

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend
@BrahminBoss do you take aspirin?

• +1
Reactions: BrahminBoss
Aspirin has benefits, but their short-lived and long-term said benefits will basically reverse, giving the opposite effect.

And why is raypeat so heavy in these forums?
Someone just said omega-3s are bad JFL.
All the studies point to the opposite.
And it’s all thrown into the trash because a dude named Raypeat said so.
59AFA02F 3978 412D 85F7 58DEC2841921

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 49130, thereallegend and Newday*V3
Mirin autism for taking 3g of aspirin a day without knowing anything about it. Some people use aspirin for weight loss combined with coffee. That's the only thing I've heard about it from this forum aside from probably negligible test boost

• +1
Reactions: dannydipss
Aspirin doesnt occur in nature so why would you even eat it

Aspirin has benefits, but their short-lived and long-term said benefits will basically reverse, giving the opposite effect.

And it’s all thrown into the trash because a dude named Raypeat said so.View attachment 2685225
Only low quality studies show Fish oil or omega 3 being good. Fish oil will age you.

Aspirin doesnt occur in nature so why would you even eat it
Salicylates do, aspirin is acetylsalicylate, and the acetyl group actually has the benefit of modifying COX enzyme as to reduce inflammation

Only low quality studies show Fish oil or omega 3 being good. Fish oil will age you.

Salicylates do, aspirin is acetylsalicylate, and the acetyl group actually has the benefit of modifying COX enzyme as to reduce inflammation

How are you so confident to say these studies are low quality? Can you explain I am confused

How are you so confident to say these studies are low quality? Can you explain I am confused
They are low quality because they imply omega 3 is good. I haven’t read ‘em.

Read this, very great article you’ll understand.

Also, fish oil shorted mouse lifespan. (Makes sense once you understand how PUFAs are highly prone to lipid peroxidation and are the precursors to prostaglandins)

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Newday*V3 and Luh?nn?
They are low quality because they imply omega 3 is good. I haven’t read ‘em.

Also, fish oil shorted mouse lifespan. (Makes sense once you understand how PUFAs are highly prone to lipid peroxidation and are the precursors to prostaglandins)

so no omega 3s from iherb then 😢

so no omega 3s from iherb then 😢
I’ve taken fish oil in the past after hearing Jew propaganda, probably aged me a ton. At least now I hopefully learned to actually look into and think about things before supplementing, I greatly regret takeing the cod liver oil.

Someone explain pls, i tried to jump on the hype train ages ago taking 3g a day of aspirin and I have no idea why. Wtf does it do outside of being a painkiller
Did you stick your finger up your butt while taking that aspirin? Even just a little bit?

• JFL
Reactions: Newday*V3
Animal studies are great - but this is not one of them.

Mice did not evolve on fish.

and with regards to the peroxidation note:

• +1
Reactions: Luh?nn?

What is the significance of the article you linked?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2527634/

so much high Iq shit about omega 3 i cant comprehend
its not hard to comprehend you just have to read. Do you even know what omega 3 is?

its not hard to comprehend you just have to read. Do you even know what omega 3 is?
fatty acid that is abundant in fish and sum nuts. thats all i know…

I agree. I think it’s way more complicated than using mouse studies.
As they didn’t have the same diet as us or biology, ours is way more complex, so I will read both studies.

But this all-or-nothing Ray Peat mindset is stupid considering the dude broke his own rules.

But this all-or-nothing Ray Peat mindset is stupid considering the dude broke his own rules.

ray peat didnt "break his own rules" because ray peat diet isnt about rules and is not an all or nothing mindset.

• So Sad
Reactions: Newday*V3
peatmaxxed incels at it again jfl

they never learn

Its an appetite killer

And it’s all thrown into the trash because a dude named Raypeat said so.View attachment 2685225
why not take it for 4-5 days and make a break for a week and repeat?