Why are we pushing on the back of our palate with mewing?

Solstice
Why are we pushing our tongue on the back part of our maxilla when hard mewing? This will obviously cause CW rotation instead of CCW rotation am I correct? Should we only push at the front of it?

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: thecel, eyearea, Deleted member 1973 and 1 other person
bump

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Not really... the palate surface isn't flat .. its curved.. so the more surface area you can contact with the tongue.. the more force you can apply prying apart the suture (try testing force generated with only 1/3 of tongue vs entire tongue)...

The way that mewing is suppose to work isnt by crunching the front of maxilla vertically into itself ..so much as its to force the palate to widen at the suture(slowly via osteoclasts remodeling bone as a reaction to the stimulus)... this inturn causes a ccw rotation.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5634, SPFromNY914, SteveRogers and 1 other person
Not really... the palate surface isn't flat .. its curved.. so the more surface area you can contact with the tongue.. the more force you can apply prying apart the suture (try testing force generated with only 1/3 of tongue vs entire tongue)...

The way that mewing is suppose to work isnt by crunching the front of maxilla vertically into itself ..so much as its to pry open the suture (slowly via osteoclasts remodeling bone as a reaction to the stimulus)... this inturn causes a ccw rotation.
Do you think most of my force should go on the front of the maxilla though?

• +1
Reactions: NarcyChadlite
Do you think most of my force should go on the front of the maxilla though?

Yea... but remeber.. that when the posterior third is in contact ( causes hyoid to rise as much as possible),the back of the tongue begins to act as a lever by which more force can be transferred towards the front. The way your tongue musculature is attached.. its not parrallel to the palate, rather the palate slopes down relative to the musculature (and therefore the plane/angle of force produced) as you move towards the front of the mouth. Look @ an anatomy chart and the insertions of the muscles will prove the need/ benefit of contacting the posterior third.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deepraj7 and 000
you're not pushing on the back of the maxilla... you're trying to keep the back of your tongue up by contracting the palatoglossus, which in turn pulls the back of the maxilla downwards realigning the occlusal plane

Why are we pushing our tongue on the back part of our maxilla when hard mewing? This will obviously cause CW rotation instead of CCW rotation am I correct? Should we only push at the front of it?
No because most peoples maxillas that need work are arched to a certain extent and not completely flat so the entire tongue including the tongue needs to be pressed to see results.
I was mewing wrong for so long until recently where Newaz showed me how to trap my tongue and stick it on my palate even with MSE in. The fact was that since I have a recessed mandible and deep bite, I was supposed to jut the lower while mewing to fully get the whole tongue on the tongue. Shit hurts but I feel much more tension in my cranial base/neck and I feel like my ears clearing up. I ain't joking either bruh PM me for proof.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11053 and 000
No because most peoples maxillas that need work are arched to a certain extent and not completely flat so the entire tongue including the tongue needs to be pressed to see results.
I was mewing wrong for so long until recently where Newaz showed me how to trap my tongue and stick it on my palate even with MSE in. The fact was that since I have a recessed mandible and deep bite, I was supposed to jut the lower while mewing to fully get the whole tongue on the tongue. Shit hurts but I feel much more tension in my cranial base/neck and I feel like my ears clearing up. I ain't joking either bruh PM me for proof.
Do you think molars teeth should touch when mewing?

It's an attempt on affecting the sphenoid and pterygopalatine area.

Do you think molars teeth should touch when mewing?
Yeah slightly, but at first you might have to jut jaw and mew for a lil bit

• +1
Reactions: 000
you're not pushing on the back of the maxilla... you're trying to keep the back of your tongue up by contracting the palatoglossus, which in turn pulls the back of the maxilla downwards realigning the occlusal plane
no, upward force is upward force:lul: