Why chewing is a meme

Deleted member 14848

Deleted member 14848

Mistral
People here think chewing with masseters makes somebody forward grown and good looking but it's a meme.
If that would be true why are lions/cats forward grown despite barely chewing and having small masseters?
Skulls

The only thing chewing does is aveolar ridge potrusion compared to the rest of the maxilla and a longer ramus.
Forward growth happens cause of the tongue.
Masticatory muscles like masseters, temporalis and medial pyterigoid change the skull in different ways.
Masseters make the lower maxilla potrude more, lengthen the ramus
temporalis makes the anterior cranium longer, eye sockets wider, larger and face wider and shorter
pyteriogoid similiar to masseter
@germanlooks @LooksOverAll @pianoboy123 @thecel
@coolguy1 @ChristianChad
@Aeonxdro

Attachments

• rirXoOyqFJcnc2ot6n8LTA_b.jpg
    rirXoOyqFJcnc2ot6n8LTA_b.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 8244, germanlooks and 1 other person
I need a wider jaw is chewing legit ?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14848
For forward growth it’s a meme but for widening the jaw by masseter hypertrophy it works. And maybe also subtle bones changes after years of chewing

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15338 and Deleted member 14848
from what I've seen the projetction of mandible and maxila is genetic and has a relation with the cranium shape, although it and can be changed making forces in the face during the growth phase or with ortognathic surgery.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
For forward growth it’s a meme but for widening the jaw by masseter hypertrophy it works. And maybe also subtle bones changes after years of chewing
I am starting then, how many hours for significant changes ?

• +1
Reactions: germanlooks and Deleted member 14848
from what I've seen the projetction of mandible and maxila is genetic and has a relation with the cranium shape, although it and can be changed making forces in the face during the growth phase or with ortognathic surgery.
:p

• JFL
def. a big part is genetic but bones change if force is applied(esp. in children) and with the rigth nutrition
also cranial shape changes with changes in maxilla
and masticatory muscle usage
Screenshot 20210730 133158 Chrome

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 12218 and ChristianChad
def. a big part is genetic but bones change if force is applied(esp. in children) and with the rigth nutrition
and masticatory muscle usageView attachment 1334725

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
my mandible is big, but it is inclined

and masticatory muscle usageView attachment 1334725

having a relationship between muscle size and bone size doesn't mean that if you increase muscle, the bone will increase. which came first, the chicken or the egg?

• +1
I am starting then, how many hours for significant changes ?
Not too many hours. Start slow and work the time up. Also take rest days every other days.
You don’t want to get Tmj

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15338 and Deleted member 14848
having a relationship between muscle size and bone size doesn't mean that if you increase muscle, the bone will increase. which came first, the chicken or the egg?
how you chew, eat food isn't that genetic but diet related
Eating soft food with knife and pork is different to a hunter gatherer ripping meat of with his teeth
Do you think bone structure is 99% genetic?

• +1
Not too many hours. Start slow and work the time up. Also take rest days every other days.
You don’t want to get Tmj
It is so easy tho i can go for all day

• +1
Reactions: germanlooks
It is so easy tho i can go for all day
You need to use Falim gum and put it in cold water every 5 min or so.
Normal gum is complete waste of time.
Also even if you can chew for hours you still shouldn’t do it because it fucks up the joints in the long term.

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 14848 and Deleted member 15338
how you chew, eat food isn't that genetic but diet related
Eating soft food with knife and pork is different to a hunter gatherer ripping meat of with his teeth
Do you think bone structure is 99% genetic?
No
But I think without a mike mew device as a child one can do little about the bad inclination of the maxilla and mandible.

The structure can be made stronger and denser by feeding and chewing. Of course if you breathe through your nose instead of your mouth it will certainly get better, but I don't know how much better.

Certainly I will make sure my children breathe through their noses and eat good and hard food. Maybe it helps a lot, i dont know how much it helps.

What is certain is that there are people who are born with a structure ready to grow correctly and strong regardless of the environment.

Did u looksmax since 2 years
only softmaxes

• Hmm...
No
But I think without a mike mew device as a child one can do little about the bad inclination of the maxilla and mandible.
healthy parents, proper nutrition in the womb, breastfeeding for 3 years will make a child more forward grown

The structure can be made stronger and denser by feeding and chewing. Of course if you breathe through your nose instead of your mouth it will certainly get better, but I don't know how much better.

Certainly I will make sure my children breathe through their noses and eat good and hard food. Maybe it helps a lot, i dont know how much it helps.

What is certain is that there are people who are born with a structure ready to grow correctly and strong regardless of the environment.
Yes cause their parents had good development over generations look up Weston Price's work if you're interested
only softmaxes
Schdel der Chongos 1
Ea5814d305b10e23f49bba38f5255d14

quick reminder this is how mallageable human bones are espacially the younger you're

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: IMZLEGEND, AscendingHero and Eduardo DOV
my mother had a shitty environment as a child, had pneumonia a lot of times, altough she has a great facial structure.

her sister had a pretty face, but then it got ugly probably because she only breathes through her mouth at night. my mother has already commented on this. I think it's a question of balance.

• +1
my mother had a shitty environment as a child, had pneumonia a lot of times, altough she has a great facial structure.
the womb is the most important environment
her sister had a pretty face, but then it got ugly probably because she only breathes through her mouth at night. my mother has already commented on this. I think it's a question of balance.

healthy parents, proper nutrition in the womb, breastfeeding for 3 years will make a child more forward grown

Yes cause their parents had good development over generations look up Weston Price's work if you're interested

View attachment 1334776View attachment 1334777
quick reminder this is how mallageable human bones are espacially the younger you're
hm, they used devices to make this
the question is, can you make enough force to change significantly the facial shape in a child only using the tonge and chewing properly?

• +1
the womb is the most important environment
my grandmother was poor, i think its the genetic factor that was strong in her, the most important. maybe she ate a lot of k2 mk4 jfl.

• +1
my grandmother was poor, i think its the genetic factor that was strong in her, the most important. maybe she ate a lot of k2 mk4 jfl.
my mom also has very good prominent, wide cheekbones, a wide face, high pct, good jaw, wide palate although her parents looked more average
hm, they used devices to make this
the question is, can you make enough force to change significantly the facial shape in a child only using the tonge and chewing properly?
not really devices but rather just binding the head so constant force
Rigth tongue posture comes naturally if everything develops rigth and constant force of the tongue make the palate wider and maxilla more forward, which makes you attractive

• +1