Why did I waste months reading philosophy

laaltin

laaltin

stagnation breeds stress
Like what normal person does that. If you need philosophy for direction in life, it’s already over for you… just rope

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: LooksThinker, Ark, User28823 and 8 others
What philosophical works did u read?

If you need philosophy for direction in life, it’s already over for you
Literally no normie has any direction in life or any aspiration to achieve anything whatsoever. You absolutely need philosophy to understand the world around you in a deeper way. Normies don't read philosophy but also never achieve anything immortal and memorable.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Zeruel, Kroker, SidharthTheSlayer and 16 others
Literally no normie has any direction in life or any aspiration to achieve anything whatsoever. You absolutely need philosophy to understand the world around you in a deeper way. Normies don't read philosophy but also never achieve anything immortal and memorable.
What did I get? Ended up on blackpill forum jfl. At least, I was ignorant before and coped with mindless youtube, netflix etc. which helped me relate to normies in social setting. Now I’m out of touch pessimistic faggot

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Latinolooksmaxxer, LooksThinker, pig_face and 1 other person
Generic Nietzsche, Camus, Kant
Best order to read the Nietzsche books in? How many did you read? I am soon to read him, I thought of this order:
- On The Genealogy of Morals
- The Birth of Tragedy
- Beyond Good and Evil
- The Gay Science
- Twilight of the Idols
- Anti Christ
- Thus Spoke Zarathustra
- Ecce Homo

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Latinolooksmaxxer, Ark, pig_face and 4 others
Because you're Incel.

While being an inteligent and rounded person is admirable, it's a giga incel trait to cope with intelectualism.

• +1
Reactions: Axii, Pikabro, pig_face and 6 others
April 11, 2018

Best order to read the Nietzsche books in? How many did you read? I am soon to read him, I thought of this order:
- The Birth of Tragedy
- Beyond Good and Evil
- The Gay Science
- Twilight of the Idols
- Anti Christ
- Thus Spoke Zarathustra
- Ecce Homo
Beyond good and evil and Zarathustra.. I wouldn’t know the best order, I’m not familiar with his other works

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
Because you're Incel.

While being an inteligent and rounded person is admirable, it's a giga incel trait to cope with intelectualism.
It's not coping with intellectualism if you learn things and can expand on them. Only way to become a great thinker is to think a lot. Worthless life if your peak is sex.

• +1
Reactions: goodgamebro
I've always thought that philosophy was the ultimate incel cope; Schopenhauer, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, Sartre, Wittgenstein, Kant, Hume, Locke, Spinoza, Berkely were all childless (for the most part virgin) incels. The vast majority of the population goes with the flow of life without the necessity to rationalise their lacklustre existences, whereas inkwells had/have way too much time on their hands so spent it theorising existential copes in their mothers basement

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: lemonnz, pig_face, Ragnar and 3 others
Because you're Incel.

Over for intellectual-cels, just fake low sentience around normies

Like what normal person does that. If you need philosophy for direction in life, it’s already over for you… just rope
i also dont have direction in life and i was thinking on have philosphy as a hobby but seem like its not worth it by your post.

its a good cope or nah?:blackpill:

Philosophy is the field of study with the highest IQ's I believe. The average is something crazy like 140-145—even higher than math and physics academics.

• +1
I've always thought that philosophy was the ultimate incel cope; Schopenhauer, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, Sartre, Wittgenstein, Kant, Hume, Locke, Spinoza, Berkely were all childless (for the most part virgin) incels. The vast majority of the population goes with the flow of life without the necessity to rationalise their lacklustre existences, whereas inkwells had/have way too much time on their hands so spent it theorising existential copes in their mothers basement
I couldn’t have said it better, well done

Sex and kids is the most useless boring life you can live, it's all about legacy, I have turned down girls because I am so utterly disgusted by being a noname 9-5 mindcel who dies the same way he lived and never leaves any trace on the world. I will only get married the day after my legacy is set in stone and my mark has been left on the world.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Ragnar, AlexBrown84, IMOGYOU and 2 others
i also dont have direction in life and i was thinking on have philosphy as a hobby but seem like its not worth it by your post.

its a good cope or nah?:blackpill:
Just live your life, it doesn’t have to be perfect.. try a bunch of things and see what lands.. dont give up living just because it’s not your ideal version of life.. that takes time because you build it up slowly.. phimosophy is a cope just like alcohol, drugs etc. It can help you get through rough times, thats about it

Philosophy is the field of study with the highest IQ's I believe. The average is something crazy like 140-145—even higher than math and physics academics.
Aka filled to the brim with incels

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
have never gotten into philosophy. mind telling me where to start? should i start with the greeks or is that just a meme

• +1
It's not coping with intellectualism if you learn things and can expand on them. Only way to become a great thinker is to think a lot. Worthless life if your peak is sex.
Whats the point of being a great thinker? You’re going to die, what does your legacy matter anyway.. what matters is the time you are here and the memories you made that you can reflect back in old age and die with peace

• +1
have never gotten into philosophy. mind telling me where to start? should i start with the greeks or is that just a meme
I am going to start with Nietzsche since I have an introspective bone to pick with him. Starting with the greeks is probably a good thing unironically. I haven't gone deeply into it yet. I can recommend "The Prince" by Niccoló Machiavelli, short read about 100 pages, extremely applicable even in the modern world despite being 500 years old, I found so many things about that book that were so seemingly simple but really changes your perspective on things. Depends what type of philosophy you are interested in as well.

• +1
Reactions: NorwoodAscender
Sex and kids is the most useless boring life you can live, it's all about legacy, I have turned down girls because I am so utterly disgusted by being a noname 9-5 mindcel who dies the same way he lived and never leaves any trace on the world. I will only get married the day after my legacy is set in stone and my mark has been left on the world.
Sounds like a great idea to end up a miserable grumpy man, but if that makes you tick, well

Whats the point of being a great thinker? You’re going to die, what does your legacy matter anyway.. what matters is the time you are here and the memories you made that you can reflect back in old age and die with peace
It is EXACTLY because you are GOING TO DIE that your legacy is arguably ALL THAT MATTERS.

• +1
Generic Nietzsche, Camus, Kant
That's your problem. You should only read Chad philosophers like Wittegenstein, Rousseau, and Kierkegaard. All the rest are just coping with their subhumanity.

"Just read Niche and Aurelius bro then go read Camo"

• JFL
Reactions: laaltin
it's all about legacy
Legacy is temporary and in my opinion, an idiotic waste of an existence if spent in sole pursuit of it.

Evolutionary speaking, zoom out a little bit. If I were to bring your direct ancestor circa 3.6 million bc (an archaic hominid) back to life and transported him into your household you'd call the local pest control and have it put down - That's his legacy, that's what his forebears think of him, his relationships, his triumphs, his life; a vicious animal. Who are you to think that this 'legacy' or existence of yours won't be considered a primitive joke in 50k, 600k, 1.3m, 10m years from today, it's temporary, a relic of a decadent species who's art an artefact of an obsolete, archaic brain mimicked as some form of unsophisticated, animalistic expression.

Potentially you fear mortality or think you're more enlightened than so called 'normies' and byproduct came to the short sighted conclusion that your art, or philosophic work will be remembered and cherished for eternity, but it won't and it's one of the oldest copes known to mankind.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: lemonnz, Latinus, AlexBrown84 and 2 others
I only like reading philosophy of mind and science. Political philosophy and ethics is only for people who think they can change the world and need other people to agree with them "Read Markz bro, I'm a commie"

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: pig_face and laaltin
That's your problem. You should only read Chad philosophers like Wittegenstein, Rousseau, and Kierkegaard. All the rest are just coping with their subhumanity.
Why would a Chad end up writing philosophy book, this is strictly deranged incel genre

• +1
Reactions: Klasik01
Legacy is temporary and in my opinion, an idiotic waste of an existence if spent in sole pursuit of it.
Legacy is the opposite of temporary, sex and slaying is temporary, legacy is eternal. Just I read The Prince a few days ago, a man wrote that 500 years ago and I am still spending money to lay eyes upon the ideas that arose from within his mind. That is power which money cannot buy, the idea that I could achieve that chain of events into the future is the most magical idea.
Nothing in the present is as powerful as living when you're dead.

• +1
Reactions: Klasik01
Legacy is the opposite of temporary, sex and slaying is temporary, legacy is eternal. Just I read The Prince a few days ago, a man wrote that 500 years ago and I am still spending money to lay eyes upon the ideas that arose from within his mind. That is power which money cannot buy, the idea that I could achieve that chain of events into the future is the most magical idea.
Create a popular book, die and your family will keep earning money from your book sales. Your son will have the last name of an individual with good reputation and his academic success would be easier.

• +1

Evolutionary speaking, zoom out a little bit. If I were to bring your direct ancestor circa 3.6 million bc (an archaic hominid) back to life and transported him into your household you'd call the local pest control and have it put down - That's his legacy, that's what his forebears think of him, his relationships, his triumphs, his life; a vicious animal. Who are you to think that this 'legacy' or existence of yours won't be considered a primitive joke in 50k, 600k, 1.3m, 10m years from today, it's temporary, a relic of a decadent species who's art an artefact of an obsolete, archaic brain mimicked as some form of unsophisticated, animalistic expression.

Potentially you fear mortality or think you're more enlightened than so called 'normies' and byproduct came to the short sighted conclusion that your art, or philosophic work will be remembered and cherished for eternity, but it won't and it's one of the oldest known copes known to mankind.
Read every word, hard agree on everything

Sounds like cope, sex and slaying so you get satisfied with that game and can move on to other games life has to offer.. but muh muh so scared of mortality I will end up rejecting life just to be forgotten in due time anyways

Sounds like cope, sex and slaying so you get satisfied with that game and can move on to other games life has to offer.. but muh muh so scared of mortality I will end up rejecting life just to be forgotten in due time anyways
You are a man of the flesh, not of the mind.

Just dismiss everything I said after the first sentence theory

Ad hominem but okay
Not Ad Hominem, if you truly have a burning desire for a legacy it gets prioritized above any momentary pleasure, hence the idea of pleasuring your mind goes above that of the flesh. If you value hedonism above a legacy you are a man of the flesh since you experience every moment in its fullest depth and don't what what you leave behind. Neither side is right or wrong, but it's incorrect to keep them together.

Not Ad Hominem, if you truly have a burning desire for a legacy it gets prioritized above any momentary pleasure, hence the idea of pleasuring your mind goes above that of the flesh. If you value hedonism above a legacy you are a man of the flesh since you experience every moment in its fullest depth and don't what what you leave behind. Neither side is right or wrong, but it's incorrect to keep them together.
Would you care about being a great thinker and creating legacy if you were Chico or Meeks.. if you get enough validation from chicks, all this need for recognition goes out of the window..

Would you care about being a great thinker and creating legacy if you were Chico or Meeks.. if you get enough validation from chicks, all this need for recognition goes out of the window..
I have rejected many girls because I understand that the laziness derived out of the comfort of women will stop every legacy from actualizing itself.

• Love it
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: lemonnz, incel194012940 and laaltin
I have rejected many girls because I understand that the laziness derived out of the comfort of women will stop every legacy from actualizing itself.
💀

• JFL
Reactions: lemonnz

Potentially you fear mortality or think you're more enlightened than so called 'normies' and byproduct came to the short sighted conclusion that your art, or philosophic work will be remembered and cherished for eternity, but it won't and it's one of the oldest copes known to mankind.
evolution isnt real

read a book incel

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: lemonnz, douche, AlexBrown84 and 1 other person
what have you done so far

traveled anywhere?

I scored 85% for my philosophy final.

• JFL
Reactions: laaltin
- The Birth of Tragedy
- Beyond Good and Evil
- The Gay Science
- Twilight of the Idols
- Anti Christ
- Thus Spoke Zarathustra
- Ecce Homo
Twilight of the Idols is a summary of all his stuff
perfect for start

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois and laaltin