Why did I waste months reading philosophy

Literally no normie has any direction in life or any aspiration to achieve anything whatsoever. You absolutely need philosophy to understand the world around you in a deeper way. Normies don't read philosophy but also never achieve anything immortal and memorable.
you are just trying to be smart when you are an absolute loser, reading about other incels works to be an incel yourself, you are so far from nature that your whole existence has become meaningless and you have to hold on on inexistent made up beliefs and values

• +1
Reactions: laaltin
you are just trying to be smart when you are an absolute loser, reading about other incels works to be an incel yourself, you are so far from nature that your whole existence has become meaningless and you have to hold on on inexistent made up beliefs and values
He has to cope somehow, probably doesn’t want to face the brutal reality or isn’t ready or something. Just assumptions but hey I don’t know the guy

• +1
Reactions: Pikabro
He has to cope somehow, probably doesn’t want to face the brutal reality or isn’t ready or something. Just assumptions but hey I don’t know the guy
he has main character syndrome

Guy in your AVI sacrificed his health and sanity for legacy though, so the fact you think he is more admirable than a slayer says a lot.

Guy in your AVI sacrificed his health and sanity for legacy though, so the fact you think he is more admirable than a slayer says a lot.
jfl at using my avi as an argument and expecting everyone to have a slayer as their pfp

jfl at using my avi as an argument and expecting everyone to have a slayer as their pfp
You obviously valued an individual pursuing legacy above an individual pursuing hedonism in terms of being admirable and then proceeded to call me all sorts of names for also valuing legacy above hedonism.

@HarrierDuBois That was a joke, never set foot in that shithole

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
You obviously valued an individual pursuing legacy above an individual pursuing hedonism in terms of being admirable and then proceeded to call me all sorts of names for also valuing legacy above hedonism.
donkey kong

They're the same thing, pursuing admiration or validation from others is just another form of hedonism bro

• +1
Reactions: laaltin and Magnum Opus
They're the same thing, pursuing admiration or validation from others is just another form of hedonism bro
I'm not doing it for validation though. Also one is momentary and unproductive the other is improving the world as a whole.

I'm not doing it for validation though. Also one is momentary and unproductive the other is improving the world as a whole.
A legacy implies there will be other people to admire or note whatever external work or act you've produced. It's the literal definition of validation

• +1
A legacy implies there will be other people to admire or note whatever external work or act you've produced. It's the literal definition of validation
Not the literal definition. Anyway I know why I chase.

Validation is not being heard or known. Validation is being recognized as a admirable person of society, a pedophile or rapist receives no validation even if he was popular like Ramirez. Ramirez only receives validation for looks, which is something some people like to see. But have you heard of a person in history only recognized for looks? Not a single one, because at the end of the day looks matters the most in dating. To be validated you have to achieve something: having good looks is not enough, you have to become the best model. If you're a no-one, people won't like to be around you (a loser).

• +1
Sex and kids is the most useless boring life you can live, it's all about legacy, I have turned down girls because I am so utterly disgusted by being a noname 9-5 mindcel who dies the same way he lived and never leaves any trace on the world. I will only get married the day after my legacy is set in stone and my mark has been left on the world.
bro why do you have 20k posts on an incel forum then lol… go do something

Just face it man, ik it’s brutal but how long are you going to delude yourself

anyways your thoughts of legacy are retarded, everyone will be forgotten one day or another, whats the difference between being remembered by some monkeys on a rock for 500 years instead of 20

your ego has absorbed too much of your being and your actions are just based to comply to others and seem better that who you are really are. Truly you dont have a personality, the people you are trying to impress are the ones who are molding who you are, you are a slave to the people in exchange for them to remember you barely

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: laaltin and Latinus
Philosophy is cool, helps you understand your reality and why you do things n shut. You need to have morales neeguh

anyways your thoughts of legacy are retarded, everyone will be forgotten one day or another, whats the difference between being remembered by some monkeys on a rock for 500 years instead of 20

your ego has absorbed too much of your being and your actions are just based to comply to others and seem better that who you are really are. Truly you dont have a personality, the people you are trying to impress are the ones who are molding who you are, you are a slave to the people in exchange for them to remember you barely
I'm not doing it to be remembered as an individual. It goes deeper than that. I have already written of it before. Muh I want attention is nothing but a desire for pointless validation. My legacy is different.

• JFL
I'm not doing it to be remembered as an individual. It goes deeper than that. I have already written of it before. Muh I want attention is nothing but a desire for pointless validation. My legacy is different.
link the thread or summarize it

• +1
Philosophy is cool, helps you understand your reality and why you do things n shut. You need to have morales neeguh
What reality nigga? You being born in this rock is just a chance event in the chaos that is universe

What reality nigga? You being born in this rock is just a chance event in the chaos that is universe
You got to have some reasoning for why you do things mun !

link the thread or summarize it
Not a thread, I have written it as part of my philosophical texts. But being remembered as the individual I am and was is the least of my concern when establishing a legacy.

Not a thread, I have written it as part of my philosophical texts. But being remembered as the individual I am and was is the least of my concern when establishing a legacy.
then what is "your legacy", get to the point

• +1
then what is "your legacy", get to the point
Your perceptions of my desire for a legacy are so fundamentally off the chart wrong that I would have to explain for hours the internal cognitive framework even necessary to think the way I do. It's just not worth it on my part. Won't elaborate.

• JFL
Your perceptions of my desire for a legacy are so fundamentally off the chart wrong that I would have to explain for hours the internal cognitive framework even necessary to think the way I do. It's just not worth it on my part. Won't elaborate.
And again with the ego/muh I'm too good for you to talk. My perceptions are so "fundamentally off the chart" because I have the
same understanding as 99.99% of humans.

If your perception of what it is is so different to what the word actually means it's not my problem, do you really think everyone has your obscure knowledge about things that dont matter?

• JFL
And again with the ego/muh I'm too good for you to talk. My perceptions are so "fundamentally off the chart" because I have the
same understanding as 99.99% of humans.

If your perception of what it is is so different to what the word actually means it's not my problem, do you really think everyone has your obscure knowledge about things that dont matter?
Nothing about legacy insinitues an inherent pursuit of validation. It's been misconstrued by the normie perception of it because that is what they collectively value. If most base their legacy on something that generates validation then it's not my fault.

Nothing about legacy insinitues an inherent pursuit of validation. It's been misconstrued by the normie perception of it because that is what they collectively value. If most base their legacy on something that generates validation then it's not my fault.
cant you just give me a rundown or send me your notes i know im smarter than you so i might help you on your "legacy"

• JFL
Best order to read the Nietzsche books in? How many did you read? I am soon to read him, I thought of this order:
- On The Genealogy of Morals
- The Birth of Tragedy
- Beyond Good and Evil
- The Gay Science
- Twilight of the Idols
- Anti Christ
- Thus Spoke Zarathustra
- Ecce Homo
imho Beyond Good and Evil or gay science first

genealogy of morals is way denser
i started with genealogy because of college philosophy classes then jumped to zarathustra lmao weird trip ngl

cant you just give me a rundown or send me your notes i know im smarter than you so i might help you on your "legacy"
What type of intelligence do you have?

imho Beyond Good and Evil or gay science first

genealogy of morals is way denser
Heard Genealogy is more connected to the tangible and less abstract than the others. I can handle dense, but fitting into someones headspace first is more important to get a feel for it. Which did you read?

• +1
Reactions: Latinolooksmaxxer

Heard Genealogy is more connected to the tangible and less abstract than the others. Which did you read?
started with genealogy, very dense to me but then again i was a freshman in college. read some parts of beyond good and evil then jumped to zarathustra it was a wild trip

then I looked up his works and this guy was recommending starting with gay science, read it about halfway through then some parts of twilight of the idols

last thing I read from him was him dissing Mainlander and Bahnsen calling them incels jfl

• +1
started with genealogy, very dense to me but then again i was a freshman in college. read some parts of beyond good and evil then jumped to zarathustra it was a wild trip

then I looked up his works and this guy was recommending starting with gay science, read it about halfway through then some parts of twilight of the idols
I will start with GoM and then go into the others. It's in swedish so might be easier to digest for me, most of the other ones are in english.

• +1
Reactions: Latinolooksmaxxer
my iq is 151 but id say my eq is my most developed type of intelligence

i also read a lot of philosphy on my early teens and even studied philosphy with my double major in economy, but dropped it off after my teen ego left and i became a naturist

• +1
my iq is 151 but id say my eq is my most developed type of intelligence

i also read a lot of philosphy on my early teens and even studied philosphy with my double major in economy, but dropped it off after my teen ego left and i became a naturist
I'm low 130s, if I ever get bothered to take a legit test I might narrow it down exactly. My mental strong suit is not my IQ though but my introspection, sentience, and general intuitive way of dealing with the world that is just light-years ahead of my peers. They are so fundamentally constrained to the moment they live in that they are stuck there. They can't conceptualize their future or be able to read between the lines of the fabrics of the universe.

Which philosophers did you find most appealing? Have you read Max Stirner by chance?

• +1
Reactions: Ragnar
I'm low 130s, if I ever get bothered to take a legit test I might narrow it down exactly. My mental strong suit is not my IQ though but my introspection, sentience, and general intuitive way of dealing with the world that is just light-years ahead of my peers. They are so fundamentally constrained to the moment they live in that they are stuck there. They can't conceptualize their future or be able to read between the lines of the fabrics of the universe.

Which philosophers did you find most appealing? Have you read Max Stirner by chance?
my father was a big alan watts fan, so ive been reading him since i was 11, he was ok to say the most

my favorites are in order, Camus, Dostoevsky and Nietzsche

and ive heard of Stirner but never read anything by him

also my question to you, where do you find smart people to talk about deep subjects? ive pretty much given up in trying to find smart friends

• +1
Get a room @HarrierDuBois and @Ragnar

Get a room @HarrierDuBois and @Ragnar
The second the conversation turns into something productive you want it gone. Literal devil.

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: laaltin and raumDEuter
The second the conversation turns into something productive you want it gone. Literal devil.
Your inkwell ramblings don’t count as conversation around here

my father was a big alan watts fan, so ive been reading him since i was 11, he was ok to say the most
I have only heard some Alan Watts speeches on youtube, I do like quite a lot of his insights. Especially those about the eternal now. "The greek word for sinning is hamartia, which means to miss the point, and the point is the eternal life, which is here and now." Very profound.
my favorites are in order, Camus, Dostoevsky and Nietzsche
I have a Camus on the shelf (The Stranger) I haven't gotten to yet. Absurdism seems like a big leap when I have barely gotten a hang of nihilism and existentialism first.

I absolutely love Dostoevsky, have consumed most of his works by now. I could speak of him for hours on end. Magical writer. Crime and Punishment is my favorite book by him (although I won't discredit The Brother's Karamazov objective superiority) I have a special connection to Crime and Punishment because the book humbled me. Dostoevsky painted up Raskolnikov which when viewing his headspace made me realize that no other character has been such a mirroring of me as he has. Dostoevsky by portraying the consequences as a result of the fundamental worldview and life philosophy of someone like Raskolnikov managed to humble me by stopping me from falling into a similar pit in the future. Not sure how much you know about Jungian functions but I and Raskolnikov are both Ni dominants which most likely is what resulted in the eerie resemblance, also since Dostoevsky also is an Ni dominant it probably explains how he managed to portray the inside of such an individuals mind so well.

As for Nietzsche I have all books at my disposal (as soon as the last ones arrive), which order to enjoy his work the best? I understand he uses a lot of impressionistic visual and symbolic language which is how my brain naturally works so I think I will understand his insights fairly easily and what points he is trying to get across.
and ive heard of Stirner but never read anything by him
He only really made one big work; The Ego and Its Own, I am going to read it eventually. I have like 8 books stuck in the mail at the moment so I'm just waiting for their arrival.
also my question to you, where do you find smart people to talk about deep subjects? ive pretty much given up in trying to find smart friends
I have found a couple in PSL (although not many), but some who have similar life goals to me and ways of viewing the world. In the real world I cut ties with all friends that I did not see any value in for the future, friends who live in the moment and have no aspirations. I only have 2 real friends left now. CBA to put effort into mediocre people who won't change. My family doesn't really understand me except for my mother somewhat. My father is a good guy but can't come up with an original idea to save his life.

• +1
Reactions: Ragnar