Why do muslims call their god Allah while the Jews called god YHWH(MUSLMS GET IN HERE)

Thebbcmaxxer

Thebbcmaxxer

“Do you look better off alone?”
This makes no sense since they accept all the Jewish prophets. Some have the names that have YHWH in them. This logically doesnt add up since if Allah = God and they translate Hebrew names to Arabic as names. It all points to YHWH. Allah means something diffrent from YHWH. Why would muslims then say that the herbew god and their god are the same. God said that his name was YHWH.
@depressionmaxxing @Eternal_ @i_love_roosters @Xangsane @Gengar @wsada

• +1
Reactions: wishIwasSalludon and Xangsane
BUMP

• +1
Reactions: wishIwasSalludon
Hebrew and Arabic are both Semitic languages. But, that's beside the point.

We don't follow any "Jewish prophets," because they weren't Jewish.

According to Jewish and Christian scriptures are they Jewish, but we do not follow those, because they are inaccurate.

inb4 .org religious war starts.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: wishIwasSalludon, sportsmogger and coispet

According to Jewish and Christian scriptures are they Jewish, but we do not follow those, because they are inaccurate.

No war tbh since i and probably other people too dont care. Religion doesn‘t make sense at all in any logical way why should i question names and language

• +1
Reactions: Patris

The quarn does acknowledge these prophets one of which's names translates to "My god is YWHW"

Arabs* call God Allah.

No war tbh since i and probably other people too dont care. Religion doesn‘t make sense at all in any logical way why should i question names and language
Well, you're atheistic so I don't expect any arguments from you. I was talking about the Christians on here ha.
The quarn does acknowledge these prophets one of which's names translates to "My god is YWHW"
We do have many of the prophets in common, yes -- but to think they are Jewish is a misconception. But that's the story in the Judeo-Christian western world, so I am not surprised that people will make this (false) claim.

Jesus is God

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: sportsmogger and Eternal_
This is something that they'll never be able to explain. Apparently Allah is the one true god who created everything, yet that name only appears after a random dessert monkey gets beaten up by a demon and then tries to rope but the demon stops him and makes him a prophet. Same thing with Mecca, according to Islam it has been an important and influencial city since the beginning of civilization, yet you can find it mentioned anywhere before Islam. I've stopped arguing with muzzies (at least I'm trying to). I figured that crazy cult followers will always exist no matter what. Religions like Scientology, Islam, Mormonism, etc. all have followers. I've wondered why do people follow them when they're so ridiculous and obviously fake but I couldn't wrap my head around it. I've accepted that some humans are just incredibly stupid as an answer.

:feelskek::feelskek::feelskek:Prophets like Moses, Elijah, Abraham are Jewish in Islam jfl..The Quran mentions the phrase "children of Israel" like a thousand times. I've always been fascinated by how little your knowledge about Islam is

• +1
So many cucks here spending their livelihood trying to disprove Islam

• +1
Reactions: kebab
So many cucks here spending their livelihood trying to disprove Islam
Apologetics are a field of religious studies. There are actually more professional Muslim apologists than Christian ones

• +1
Arabs* call God Allah.
Wrong, illah is the word for god in Arabic, allah is the muslim god's name. Muslims all over the world call him allah, not just Arabs

Wrong, illah is the word for god in Arabic, allah is the muslim god's name. Muslims all over the world call him allah, not just Arabs
No. « ilah » means « god », it even has a feminine, « ilahat »(goddess).

Whereas « Allah » means « the God » (al- ilah, al- meaning « the »), which is why a lot of arab christians and arab jews refer to their god as « Allah ».

Some non-arabs muslims say God instead of Allah but most use « Allah » because thats how it is in the Quran and because « god » can become goddess, gods, demigod, godlike…

Allah does mean god , In arabic it means the-god , christian arabs use allah all the time it's much rarer to see a Christian arab say ilah , the word has been around for a while & Muslims say Allah since the book is arabic