Why do so many guys think they're as much as 2 points better looking than they really are?

OnlyCameHereToSay

OnlyCameHereToSay

Iron
Is it mental cope? even a number of guys on here who are supposed to know what good freakin' aesthetics really are. In the last 24 hours I've seen:

Some guy come on here and say he had an average face (an average trash can maybe) and that his face paired with being 6'7" makes him chadlite and that anybody who doesn't know that is "biased". You could land a plane on that philtrum but we're biased.

Guy who says he looks like a chad from 3m pics taken 3m away. Mid normie at best, like wtf. Keep in mind that your face will look better at a slightly further distance shot because close ups with auto settings really emphasize the nose and the bottom third. Not in a good way, it doesn't make your jaw look like a mogger jaw it makes you look like Shrek. So halfway legit. Bottom heavy faces are SOOOOO nasty. You wanna have a wide jaw but wide face overall cause by the cheekbones and top of the head being wide too.

I saw another dude ask if he was close to being a chad, and he legit looked like Neville from iCarly.

It pisses me TF to see this shit because it makes me wonder if I'm doing the same and if I am then ya, it makes me wanna smack them, because I don't want to be like them, on that shit level.

But yea, wtf is with the self overrating. Also guys who say "I am 7/10 because a lot of girls compliment me" is unreliable. Everyone knows guys inflate their own positive sexual experiences.
--

PS, you stupid motherfuckers fell for that guys self advertisements, comparing his face to computer composite faces when he looked nothing like them and agreeing his height was haloing him. Heck no it wasn't!

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Deleted member, Mewton and 7 others
Im too tall

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and Deleted member 7725
I won't read it all.
For two reasons, evaluating it objectively is difficult, and because we are used to our face, we see ourselves more beautiful than we are

• +1
Reactions: mogstars, Baldingman1998, datboijj and 1 other person
not even reading

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15099
Is it mental cope? even a number of guys on here who are supposed to know what good freakin' aesthetics really are. In the last 24 hours I've seen:

Some guy come on here and say he had an average face (an average trash can maybe) and that his face paired with being 6'7" makes him chadlite and that anybody who doesn't know that is "biased". You could land a plane on that philtrum but we're biased.

Guy who says he looks like a chad from 3m pics taken 3m away. Mid normie at best, like wtf. Keep in mind that your face will look better at a slightly further distance shot because close ups with auto settings really emphasize the nose and the bottom third. Not in a good way, it doesn't make your jaw look like a mogger jaw it makes you look like Shrek. So halfway legit. Bottom heavy faces are SOOOOO nasty. You wanna have a wide jaw but wide face overall cause by the cheekbones and top of the head being wide too.

I saw another dude ask if he was close to being a chad, and he legit looked like Neville from iCarly.

It pisses me TF to see this shit because it makes me wonder if I'm doing the same and if I am then ya, it makes me wanna smack them, because I don't want to be like them, on that shit level.

But yea, wtf is with the self overrating. Also guys who say "I am 7/10 because a lot of girls compliment me" is unreliable. Everyone knows guys inflate their own positive sexual experiences.
--

PS, you stupid motherfuckers fell for that guys self advertisements, comparing his face to computer composite faces when he looked nothing like them and agreeing his height was haloing him. Heck no it wasn't!
Rate me in DMs, I'm a gigachad

i think most people overrate themselves by 1 point

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998, datboijj and Deleted member 15099
Does anybody actually read this guy's posts or :unsure:

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
didnt read, people don't use psl standar, what people rate 6 here is 8 according to people irl

• +1
Reactions: subhuman incel and Deleted member 16380
didnt read, people don't use psl standar, what people rate 6 here is 8 according to people irl
Just LOL. Women rate men in a matter of "Attractive" vs "Not attractive". All there is to it. There's a reason dating apps are all designed on a swipe left/right basis.

• +1
Reactions: .👽.
you will get banned for this😡
@Chad1212

• JFL
Reactions: Baldingman1998, Deleted member 14978 and .👽.
Not gonna argue against your point that most guys overrate themselves (well, I’ll argue it a little bit. It’s a half truth, it largely depends on your mental state. Narcies will overrate themselves a lot, insecure people will underrate themselves, and normal people will probably overrate themselves a small amount)

but saying that “pics from farther away make you look better” is the most retarded shit I’ve ever heard in my life, pics from farther away are more like how you look in real life because it removes lens distortion. You understand that how you look in a close as shit selfie is not how other people see you right? That includes both heavily angle frauded “I’m chad now” selfies and worst angle imaginable goblin selfies.

what’s next, your real face is what you see in a fisheye lens right next to your nose?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16677
No lo leeré todo.
Por dos razones, evaluarlo objetivamente es difícil, y como estamos acostumbrados a nuestro rostro, nos vemos más bellos de lo que somos.
No, really we are see ugly bro

--

Agreed. 100%. My theory is that your brain morphs yourself into what you want to look like. Like I for example, I am pakistani so I would want to be as whitepassing as possible. Sometimes I wonder if I really am as fair-skinned as I think (which makes me want to tan) or I am really olive/brown (which is more ideal as it make you look more masculine). And yeah most compliments are bs. I have had people call me gl but this is gaslighting to make you fee better about being ugly. My experiences with women pretty much confirm that I am below average. My poor social skills may have played a role but I am an example of one of the dudes who has issues with both his looks and his personality. There are however normies in real life who are straight up about your looks. But they are gems.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
I won't read it all.
For two reasons, evaluating it objectively is difficult, and because we are used to our face, we see ourselves more beautiful than we are
Nah. Brain morphs you. So if you have bug eyes, you are brain will trick you into thinking they are deepset. If you are short, you will tend to think you are 6 feet plus. If you are bald, you will think you have hair. Same with any other negative and positive feature.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Stevensmithgerard and klamus
That's why I site reliable sources for my face rating.

One of my photos got rated by 47 different women on photofeeler and the average was a 5.2/10.

I got rated a 5.5/10 in beauty by a website using artificial intelligence (hownormalami.eu i think).

Selection bias. Think about it, for every delusional guy who posts their pictures thinking they're good-looking, there are 20 other guys who know they are avg to low tier at best, and don't even bother posting because they have no cause to gloat.
So though overrating does occur, its not a universal truth, don't let it damage you, if you generally have knowledge of facial aesthetics and such, you are unlikely to overrate yourself as these guys are, dw about it.

• +1
Reactions: Slob, homesick and ChristianChad
I thought @LooksOverAll viewed himself as subhuman?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
i may be slow like a snail now, but im gonna run and walk so much until im the fast human alive, i may be weak and fragile now, but im gonna train and workout so much till i faint in the gym until im strongest human alive, i may be dumb and ignorant right now but im gonna read and learn so much until my brain fucking explodes and become the smartest human alive, i may be ugly and subhuman right now, but im gonna operate my face so many times until i become the best looking human ever in history of mankind, and all the haters and no-sayers can fuck themselves!!! @OldVirgin

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
tbf 6'7 with a 3/10 face is still legit htn to many women smv-wise (height is everything)

Men have no idea of how women rate men. The famous okcupid statistic 80% of men being rated Below average. Men rate men how they see them. I mean I cant Imagine anyone being unpleasant to talk to just because of Their face. But women physically dont like to talk to majority of men unless you Are jestermaxxing Them every single minute.

I thought @LooksOverAll viewed himself as subhuman?
@LooksOverAll is prob the last dude on here to do that. I don't think he actually thinks he is subhuman. Just normie.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7725
Selection bias. Think about it, for every delusional guy who posts their pictures thinking they're good-looking, there are 20 other guys who know they are avg to low tier at best, and don't even bother posting because they have no cause to gloat.
So though overrating does occur, its not a universal truth, don't let it damage you, if you generally have knowledge of facial aesthetics and such, you are unlikely to overrate yourself as these guys are, dw about it.
What about someone like this dude:

It actually scares me how he can think he is phenotypically equivalent to a white dude. I am the same race as him, so sometimes I wonder if my brain is morphing me into thinking I look more caucasian than I think. I am obviously ethnic but I sometimes I wonder if I am a dravidian in denial. That would actually be lifefuel especially if my brain is also morphing me into having softer features I could BBCmax :love: . But nah. Don't think it's likely. He is an exception. Lots of curries know they look curry.

Btw @USER0213 I am sorry people here bullied you too much. I may have joked a bit with you as well. But don't listen to the people here calling you subhuman. You aren't ugly and your pheno isn't death tier. Assuming you are 6'5", your starting point is above average.

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 16384 and Deleted member 16346
Subconscious frauding when you look in the mirror haloes you in your own eyes. I myself thought i was chadlite until I relaxed my face and looked in a mirror. Turns out my eyes arent quite as hunterish and my chin isnt as big as I thought

• +1
Reactions: Slob
Subconscious frauding when you look in the mirror haloes you in your own eyes. I myself thought i was chadlite until I relaxed my face and looked in a mirror. Turns out my eyes arent quite as hunterish and my chin isnt as big as I thought
Yeah. I gotta ask you. Are your undereye hollows apparent to you in pictures, videos and mirrors? Did you ever look like a white person to yourself at any point before finding this website or after? Not trying to hate. I guess you may not have liked the rating I gave you but I want everyone here to improve to the best of their ability. I also need to be honest with myself about flaws and try to understand my flaws deeply.

This remind me btw. I made this thread:

I think you can slay with this approach. You have the right bone structure for it.

Yeah. I gotta ask you. Are your undereye hollows apparent to you in pictures, videos and mirrors?
Yeah my hollows are obvious to me in the mirror but I never thought they looked bad until I found psl tbh. I do see them exactly as they appear in pics.
Did you ever look like a white person to yourself at any point before finding this website or after?.
Nicholas cage funny 1

This remind me btw. I made this thread:

I think you can slay with this approach. You have the right bone structure for it.
Ive tried buzzcuts and stuff to look more black but honestly I do better with girls when I have longer hair even tho imo i look better with short. I think girls just like thick soft hair tbh, it's a halo even when not harmonious

I had so many copes , slowly with time, I realized I am below avg to avg in everything

Ive tried buzzcuts and stuff to look more black but honestly I do better with girls when I have longer hair even tho imo i look better with short. I think girls just like thick soft hair tbh, it's a halo even when not harmonious
Your main strength is that you look masculine and robust. You can use this to your advantage. This may sound like cope but I think part of the reason why you are here is that your soft personality isn't congruent with your appearance. Wearing chains, buzzcut, roiding and tattoos could ascend you. You will have to be more low inhib and aggressive as well.

Yeah my hollows are obvious to me in the mirror but I never thought they looked bad until I found psl tbh. I do see them exactly as they appear in pics.

View attachment 1470374
Figures. That's why I don't exactly get this post. Even before finding PSL, I could compare myself to good looking men and know I wasn't anywhere near being attractive in women's eyes. When I was truecel, it was fucking obvious I was ugly. Even a lot normies have a very good idea where they stand. Maybe they might underrate or overrate by a point or two but a lot are dead on accurate. Same reason why I don't get all the indians here claiming to be white. I know very fair skinned curries who never do this and know 100% that they are not white. My guess is that this forum attracts a lot of narcies who spam their posts and gloat a lot so it seems that way.

Two reasons.

1) Your brain starts to get used to your reflection and softens out your bad features, hence why when you take a selfie that isn't mirrored it seems like it looks so bad. That's what everyone else actually sees, and the way you perceive your own mirrored image is inflated

2) These guys don't understand how much better women, and people in general, would be treating them if they were as attractive as they think they are. So in their mind the reactions they get from the rest of the world match up to their inflated self worth.

This is why the only real way to tell how attractive you are is based off the responses you get irl and on online dating. If you're good looking there will be no question about it

Two reasons.

1) Your brain starts to get used to your reflection and softens out your bad features, hence why when you take a selfie that isn't mirrored it seems like it looks so bad. That's what everyone else actually sees, and the way you perceive your own mirrored image is inflated

2) These guys don't understand how much better women, and people in general, would be treating them if they were as attractive as they think they are. So in their mind the reactions they get from the rest of the world match up to their inflated self worth.

This is why the only real way to tell how attractive you are is based off the responses you get irl and on online dating. If you're good looking there will be no question about it

If women aren't smiling and giggling every time you walk into a room then you are not good looking.