Why does MSE make your cheekbones look worse?

D

Deleted member 7725

Kraken
I'm planning on undergoing MSE since I need a wider palate anyways medically but also cosmetics. In theory, widening your zygos would lead to more lateral eversion giving you that striking chiseled look. But all the results I've seen have just turned people's cheekbones that were small but still defined, into bulky wide cheeks that lack any definition and look worse than the original. How does this make sense?

These are typical before/after with a wide definition-less face and severe asymmetry:

Bad2

631el2eucup61

1 s20 S1073874618300094 gr9

Before2
After2

Before8
After8

Before3
After3

Before4
After4

Before6
After6

Before5
After5

After7

Even Chad loses definition:

Before1
After1

Every result I've seen has ended up looking like shit with asymmetry. Even in motion they look terrible:

Why does this happen? Is there an disproportional expansion that occurs (lower maxilla widens much more than zygos) that removes the draping effect from the zygos? Would it be smarter to just skip MSE and get the palate expanded during bimax then alter the zygos after with ZSO or similar? Or do they just need wider jaws to match up with the wider zygos?

@varbrah @RealSurgerymax @tesseract

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mug, Deleted member 14392, nobodyspecial369 and 2 others
MSE is unstable. Be a man and go get SARPE

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and Nims
literally no difference

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3828
better than having a fucking asymmetry
I've heard people on this forum claim they personally had or have seen good results. But yet, I can't find any online.

• So Sad
Reactions: randomvanish
I've heard people on this forum claim they personally had or have seen good results. But yet, I can't find any online.
I'll send you mine post op if you want but Im not getting it until 4 months time :cry:.

Usually sarpe does result in less asymmetries but I dont see why you wouldnt be able to achieve zygo improvements if done in conjunction with a good expander.

Most of those results, the ones where the asymmetry isn't immediately evident, actually look better in my opinion.

That chad guy is a retard for getting MSE. Also the example you posted from jaw hacks; that guy expanded like 18 mms lol and his right side took off into outer space. He really deformed himself.

I wouldn't get MSE for aesthetic purposes, but its a mogger for airway benefits.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392 and nobodyspecial369
TLDR; MSE is for retards just get SARPE

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, Buci, cutecel and 2 others
TLDR; MSE is for retards just get SARPE
Yep, MSE is cucked asf and doesnt produce enough force it will almost always result in asymmetries.

• +1
Reactions: Verse
lateral expansion of the zygos is rarely wanted, only cases it actually makes a positive looks difference is when the person before had cheekbones more narrow than the temples, aka too narrow

but in most people, it makes the cheekbones wider to the point of it being unnecessary, making ES ratio worse, and creating an oval face shape

• +1
Reactions: Lmao and Deleted member 2729
Two answers for this:
1. MSE is a SHIT GAY surgery
2. Its a brutal world

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mogstars, Deleted member 14392 and randomvanish
if you want wider zygos and better cheekbones just get implants, fillers or ZSO

i used to be an MSE coper thinking it would magically make my face wider while in reality it either does nothing or fucks you up

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: cutecel and Deleted member 2729
Most of those results, the ones where the asymmetry isn't immediately evident, actually look better in my opinion.

That chad guy is a retard for getting MSE. Also the example you posted from jaw hacks; that guy expanded like 18 mms lol and his right side took off into outer space. He really deformed himself.

I wouldn't get MSE for aesthetic purposes, but its a mogger for airway benefits.
Well my situation is that I will need to get palate expansion during bimax anyways, so I would get MSE since I need it anyways and get the potential zygo improvements. Do you think ~6mm is a safe range to prevent flagrant asymmetry?

Most surgeons say that adults wont even get zygo expansion, these faces might be still swollen

Mse causes few mms of downwards growth though can this be noticable @RealSurgerymax

Yep, MSE is cucked asf and doesnt produce enough force it will almost always result in asymmetries.
underrated negative is that is also gives you a black person nose

• +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel
underrated negative is that is also gives you a black person nose
this is the real biggest negative of MSE

you can go with SARPE, but then you won't get the breathing improvement part of MSE

the breathing improvement just comes with the widening of the nose, logically

• +1
Reactions: Verse and Deleted member 2729
Well my situation is that I will need to get palate expansion during bimax anyways, so I would get MSE since I need it anyways and get the potential zygo improvements. Do you think ~6mm is a safe range to prevent flagrant asymmetry?
I don't think anyone is safe from asymmetry with MSE. Honestly I would just get it surgically expanded. the mid face benefits aren't always aesthetic

you can go with SARPE, but then you won't get the breathing improvement part of MSE

yeah but in my experience, the nose expands in proportion to the rest of the mid face, so it doesn't really matter much.

• +1

that would be an interesting option for NARROW PALATE CELS

• +1

you think you can offset the negative with rhinoplasty afterwards?

TPD expanders look alot better in comparison to MSE tbh.

you think you can offset the negative with rhinoplasty afterwards?
Verse

:love: New oneitis

that would be an interesting option for NARROW PALATE CELS
Probably but I think SARPE just by itself without expander cant really get that much expansion around 5mm is probably the maximum.

I personally have a narrow palate myself its like 31mm, from my CTs you can see my maxilia is too small for my mandible, so I would probably need alot more than 6mm to make my maxilia a reasonable size in comparison to lower. I havent got dental impressions yet so I have no idea on messurements.

Personally I'll be getting Ease(Very similar to SARPE)/TPD(KLS).

Hopefully it doesnt ruin my face 😬.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Mr.Proper and Deleted member 2729
TPD expanders look alot better in comparison to MSE tbh.

Verse

:love: New oneitis

Probably but I think SARPE just by itself without expander cant really get that much expansion around 5mm is probably the maximum.

I personally have a narrow palate myself its like 31mm, from my CTs you can see my maxilia is too small for my mandible, so I would probably need alot more than 6mm to make my maxilia a reasonable size in comparison to lower. I havent got dental impressions yet so I have no idea on messurements.

Personally I'll be getting Ease(Very similar to SARPE)/TPD(RPE).

Hopefully it doesnt ruin my face 😬.
Praying for your ascension boyo. How do I know if I need MSE?

Praying for your ascension boyo.

How do I know if I need MSE?
Obviously if you have sa or something then perhapse you need it.

Size of palate is a good sign tbh, any idea how wide yours is?

This is a good video that explains it well:

Personally I wouldnt get MSE tho, if you do require expansion theres alot of better options that dont cuck you as hard.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14392 and Deleted member 2729

Obviously if you have sa or something then perhapse you need it.

Size of palate is a good sign tbh, any idea how wide yours is?

This is a good video that explains it well:

Personally I wouldnt get MSE tho, if you do require expansion theres alot of better options that dont cuck you as hard.

Can I DM you for advice if palate expansion is worth it for me?

• +1
Reactions: Nims
BB92E498 4C7F 4076 B5A2 59F966770543
0ADD3B44 6C40 4B51 812F 332979248F71

• Woah
Reactions: cutecel
Why is this forum so obsessed with mse? You don't need it if you don't have a crossbite or crooked teeth

if u do mse do aggressive expansion because it can lead to lateral orbital repositioning

• +1
Reactions: Perseus
I'm planning on undergoing MSE since I need a wider palate anyways medically but also cosmetics. In theory, widening your zygos would lead to more lateral eversion giving you that striking chiseled look. But all the results I've seen have just turned people's cheekbones that were small but still defined, into bulky wide cheeks that lack any definition and look worse than the original. How does this make sense?

These are typical before/after with a wide definition-less face and severe asymmetry:

View attachment 1913105

View attachment 1913061

View attachment 1913073

View attachment 1913080View attachment 1913081

View attachment 1913097View attachment 1913096

View attachment 1913084View attachment 1913085

View attachment 1913086View attachment 1913087

View attachment 1913088View attachment 1913089

View attachment 1913091View attachment 1913093

View attachment 1913090

Even Chad loses definition:

View attachment 1913077View attachment 1913078

Every result I've seen has ended up looking like shit with asymmetry. Even in motion they look terrible:

Why does this happen? Is there an disproportional expansion that occurs (lower maxilla widens much more than zygos) that removes the draping effect from the zygos? Would it be smarter to just skip MSE and get the palate expanded during bimax then alter the zygos after with ZSO or similar? Or do they just need wider jaws to match up with the wider zygos?

@varbrah @RealSurgerymax @tesseract

Bro no way the dude you put as "chad" is me! Thats absolutely crazy never thought this would happen. I personally think I look way better, by the way.

Bro no way the dude you put as "chad" is me! Thats absolutely crazy never thought this would happen. I personally think I look way better, by the way.
You had a leaner face and chiseled zygos and now look bloated af. Idk why you got it tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Perseus
Aidan guy looks decent. Looked boneless before

• +1
Reactions: unlucko
You had a leaner face and chiseled zygos and now look bloated af. Idk why you got it tbh.
Actually, that is false. The alteration of the composition of my facial dimensions caused by the MSE is indeed positive, for reasons I shall list below. Firstly, there was no loss in the definition of my zygotes, and neither was there a change in facial "leanness". In the first picture, it is evident that my masseters are more hypertrophied than the latter, for the reason that I adopted an intensive chewing regimen prior to getting the MSE, which I then had to halt because of the change in my bite caused my expansion. Secondly, it is a common mischaracterization to identify the indented nasiolabial folds in the first picture as "definition", for it is no such thing. Their elimination is beneficial as purported by the current status of the science. Thirdly, the difference in contour is primarily a product of the lighting difference in both images. I assure you with the utmost sincerity that my cheekbones are far more defined, and have a far more visible contour when faced with downward facing lighting.

I would love to go into this in depth, as I am a scientist myself (though not an orthodontist). The move I made was calculated, and the results were within the margin of error I was expecting.

I hold the position that the MSE is a superior modality of altering craniofacial composition, bar treatments such as MMA Surgery.

I can verify the statements made in this reply with noteworthy data.

• +1
Reactions: MSEinvestigator
Actually, that is false. The alteration of the composition of my facial dimensions caused by the MSE is indeed positive, for reasons I shall list below. Firstly, there was no loss in the definition of my zygotes, and neither was there a change in facial "leanness". In the first picture, it is evident that my masseters are more hypertrophied than the latter, for the reason that I adopted an intensive chewing regimen prior to getting the MSE, which I then had to halt because of the change in my bite caused my expansion. Secondly, it is a common mischaracterization to identify the indented nasiolabial folds in the first picture as "definition", for it is no such thing. Their elimination is beneficial as purported by the current status of the science. Thirdly, the difference in contour is primarily a product of the lighting difference in both images. I assure you with the utmost sincerity that my cheekbones are far more defined, and have a far more visible contour when faced with downward facing lighting.

I would love to go into this in depth, as I am a scientist myself (though not an orthodontist). The move I made was calculated, and the results were within the margin of error I was expecting.

I hold the position that the MSE is a superior modality of altering craniofacial composition, bar treatments such as MMA Surgery.

I can verify the statements made in this reply with noteworthy data.
All that autism for nothing. Went from chiseled zygos to fem apple cheeks.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729