Why does my hairline look uglier than it really is in certain lights? (pics)

E

everythingmatters

Silver
I think it is because my hair has only a little diffuse thinning in the area that I am marking in the photo below. Diffuse thinning zone in some lights looks like baldness.

I don't think it's Nordwooding because it has stayed exactly the same in the last few years.

Any recommendations to correct this?

Good lights

Bad lights

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Warlow
Atlesst you have a hairline bro, look at the bald people

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: to_stop_da_cope and everythingmatters
Atlesst you have a hairline bro, look at the bald people

thanks bro, i get it, but this site is to improve the most in an autistic way. Really, my hairline looks really ugly in some pics and it's frustrating because it doesn't really look like that IRL

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6380
Just fringemax bro, problemo solved

• Love it
Reactions: everythingmatters
Just fringemax bro, problemo solved
I'm already trying that, it still doesn't work for me, plus the fucking hairdresser cut my hair very short.

But honestly I like the way my hairstyles look where the hairline is shown, that's why I try to fix it.

• +1
Reactions: MansNotHot
I'm already trying that, it still doesn't work for me, plus the fucking hairdresser cut my hair very short.

But honestly I like the way my hairstyles look where the hairline is shown, that's why I try to fix it.
Go on minox then, it's gonna grow hair there (if you are a good responder)

You sure you just don't have short "baby hairs"? (Those short hairs at the very front of your hairline)

• Love it
Go on minox then, it's gonna grow hair there (if you are a good responder)

I have thought about it, yesterday I was investigating but it seems that the hair that grows due to minoxidil becomes dependent on it. So if I stop using minox, I lose the gains. I need to solve the root problem to get long-term results, but I still can't find the answer.

• +1
I have thought about it, yesterday I was investigating but it seems that the hair that grows due to minoxidil becomes dependent on it. So if I stop using minox, I lose the gains. I need to solve the root problem to get long-term results, but I still can't find the answer.
Do a slight hair transplant then? Can you cope with having no hair for 3 months or so? (Till it grows in obv)

• Love it
bro it's baby hairs, i have the same thing as well. They make your hairline look more receded in poor lightings

• Love it
You sure you just don't have short "baby hairs"? (Those short hairs at the very front of your hairline)
yes i have, what does that mean? How do I solve it?

bro it's baby hairs, i have the same thing as well. They make your hairline look more receded in poor lightings

And what is the reason for having baby hairs? How is it fixed?

Do a slight hair transplant then? Can you cope with having no hair for 3 months or so? (Till it grows in obv)

I had also thought about it, this is within my options. I have to investigate the prices, I do not think it is expensive in my case. But first I want to rule out that there is no easier solution.

• +1
i'm planning on dermarolling with castor oil and peppermint oil. Some just apply minox that works too

I had also thought about it, this is within my options. I have to investigate the prices, I do not think it is expensive in my case. But first I want to rule out that there is no easier solution.
It's the easiest and permanent too

yes i have, what does that mean? How do I solve it?
Ah, shit man :lul:
You probably fell for having a shit barber like most of us.
It's just hairs that your barber most likely have cut / trimmed down to make your hairline appear more straight and or symmetrical. I have them too and it looks shit, the baby hairs are short asf, meanwhile the rest of my hair is a lot longer. Just gotta be patient and grow it out.

I have a theory that most barbers do this on purpose, they try to make your hairline look more symmetrical when you go and get a haircut. Cutting your own hair is the way to go tbh. I stopped going to the barbers now in covid and learnt to buzz my sides and the back of my head. Gonna get it all cut once those baby hairs reach a longer length so that all my hairs can be even.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: everythingmatters and Warlow
i'm planning on dermarolling with castor oil and peppermint oil. Some just apply minox that works too

Minoxidil results on the hair are not permanent, the grown hair becomes dependent on minoxidil, this is why I have not used it yet. I need a long-term solution and not become dependent on more and more things. I have enough with the things for the skin.

Inglés

Minoxidil results on the hair are not permanent, the grown hair becomes dependent on minoxidil, this is why I have not used it yet. I need a long-term solution and not become dependent on more and more things. I have enough with the things for the skin.
then dermarolling is legit, but you're not norwooding so i don't know

• +1
Ah, shit man :lul:
You probably fell for having a shit barber like most of us.
It's just hairs that your barber most likely have cut / trimmed down to make your hairline appear more straight and or symmetrical. I have them too and it looks shit, the baby hairs are short asf, meanwhile the rest of my hair is a lot longer. Just gotta be patient and grow it out.

I have a theory that most barbers do this on purpose, they try to make your hairline look more symmetrical when you go and get a haircut. Cutting your own hair is the way to go tbh. I stopped going to the barbers now in covid and learnt to buzz my sides and the back of my head. Gonna get it all cut once those baby hairs reach a longer length so that all my hairs can be even.
Very good point, thanks for sharing.

I had not thought about it, but it definitely has something to do with what you say (I will keep it in mind for future haircuts), but even so in my case I have a bit of diffuse thinning in the hairline area, it is nothing serious but I think this also influences the appearance. I mean, no matter how badly you cut this hair, the hairline will never appear recessive in bad lights:

By the way, I also suspect that it is better to cut your hair yourself, I had already made a post about it:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8846
Very good point, thanks for sharing.

I had not thought about it, but it definitely has something to do with what you say (I will keep it in mind for future haircuts), but even so in my case I have a bit of diffuse thinning in the hairline area, it is nothing serious but I think this also influences the appearance. I mean, no matter how badly you cut this hair, the hairline will never appear recessive in bad lights:

View attachment 728916

By the way, I also suspect that it is better to cut your hair yourself, I had already made a post about it:
This is exactly my point though. This dude's barber knows what he's doing. Look at the hairline, you can clearly see that ALL the hairs are the same length, the barber hasn't fucked around and trimmed hairs up to make the hairline more straight or any of that dumb shit. it all looks good and thick because all the hairs remain the same. You mention that your hair at the front only is what appears thin? The hair on the rest of your scalp looks good and thick? I think it's because you have shorter hairs at the front, short hair looks thinner obviously. Let it grow man, you might not have anything to worry about if it's just short hairs at the front. I've spent so much time worrying about how high my hairline looks but honestly I think it's all my barbers fault. For the past few years I've always remembered that my hairline has looked higher than it used to when I was a bit younger. Yup, I'm certainly done with going to the barber.

Here's undeniable proof of what I'm trying to say. Short hairs look thinner because shorter hairs don't lay down on your scalp, they stand right up because they're so short, making it all look much thinner. It's much like how your hair looks thinner when you have it wet and pulled up or back.
Ea69cb725628a2852f486566c07f86ef

This is exactly my point though. This dude's barber knows what he's doing. Look at the hairline, you can clearly see that ALL the hairs are the same length, the barber hasn't fucked around and trimmed hairs up to make the hairline more straight or any of that dumb shit. it all looks good and thick because all the hairs remain the same. You mention that your hair at the front only is what appears thin? The hair on the rest of your scalp looks good and thick? I think it's because you have shorter hairs at the front, short hair looks thinner obviously. Let it grow man, you might not have anything to worry about if it's just short hairs at the front. I've spent so much time worrying about how high my hairline looks but honestly I think it's all my barbers fault. For the past few years I've always remembered that my hairline has looked higher than it used to when I was a bit younger. Yup, I'm certainly done with going to the barber.
View attachment 728928

Here's undeniable proof of what I'm trying to say. Short hairs look thinner because shorter hairs don't lay down on your scalp, they stand right up because they're so short, making it all look much thinner. It's much like how your hair looks thinner when you have it wet and pulled up or back.
View attachment 728940

Makes sense, you seem to be highiqcel.

The problem with barbers is that they are normies who don't give a shit about learning to do things well, they settle for the little they learned years ago because it is enough for them to survive. I am sure that you could surpass them in knowledge yourself in a couple of months of internet research.

Only a knowledgeable autistic blackpilled barber could give you a perfect top haircut, and this is almost impossible to find. This is why I think the only option is to learn and do it yourself.

Last edited:
  • Love it
Makes sense, you seem to be highiqcel.

The problem with barbers is that they are normies who don't give a shit about learning to do things well, they settle for the little they learned years ago because it is enough for them to survive. I am sure that you could surpass them in knowledge yourself in a couple of months of internet research.

Only a knowledgeable autistic blackpilled barber could give you a perfect top haircut, and this is almost impossible to find. This is why I think the only option is to learn and do it yourself.
You're damn right. And I know that the typical normie advice "just get a haircut" is a meme. But think about it, you have basically never seen a good looking celeb without a really well done haircut (probably done by very expensive professional barbers). And so, no a haircut won't magically elevate you to a gigachad but you'll certainly look 10x better with your right hairstyle for your hairline and headshape. Hairstyle is pretty underrated in blackpilled communities in my opinion, just look at this forum. Most guys just advice you to wear a fringe or curtains but this certainly won't work for everyone.

• Love it
You're damn right. And I know that the typical normie advice "just get a haircut" is a meme. But think about it, you have basically never seen a good looking celeb without a really well done haircut (probably done by very expensive professional barbers). And so, no a haircut won't magically elevate you to a gigachad but you'll certainly look 10x better with your right hairstyle for your hairline and headshape. Hairstyle is pretty underrated in blackpilled communities in my opinion, just look at this forum. Most guys just advice you to wear a fringe or curtains but this certainly won't work for everyone.
Totally agree.

In fact, I did a bit of research on the types of techniques used to cut hair, there is a gradient, paraded and straight cut (I'm not sure it is said in English). These types of techniques play with the volume, thickness and density of the hair.

And in fact you were right, the straight cut technique is to give DENSITY to the hair. It consists of cutting all the hair to the same length to give more density.

I suppose that the hairdresser can play with the types of cuts according to the hair area. Obviously for us the ideal is to have more density in the hairline, so a straight cut should be made in this area (not a degraded or paraded cut).

You are a genius friend, and I was also right that the way to go is to learn how to cut your hair yourself, or at least know about it to know if the hairdresser is doing things right and give him instructions. All the users here disagreed with me and told me to just go to an expensive hairdresser, but that's not the solution, it's just normie advice. A blackpilled person must learn about styling techniques and things.

Last edited:
  • +1
@Warlow bro read my conversation with @bertcel, this information can be very useful for you

• +1
Reactions: Warlow