Why I'm optimistic about hairloss research

AlexAP

AlexAP

Kraken
If you lurk in the hairloss forums they're mostly negative about the future. "There hasn't been any single progess since two decades. Fin and minox are the only treatments that work."

I don't see it that way. Here's why I'm optimistic:

1. There has been more progress than just fin and minox.
New treatments who work good are: Dutasteride, microneedling and, most importantly, there are hair transplants now. Even "soft" solutions like hair systems are much better now than ever before. A HT+fin is basically a cure for most early stage balding men!

2. Fin and minox weren't "breakthroughs in hairloss research", they were pure luck.
To say that science didn't advance since fin and minox is misleading. There was little to no research in the 70s, 80s or 90s. Fin and minox were discovered by pure luck. Before the last two decades, bald men just coped with money, wigs or gym&beard.

3. There are more trials for hairloss treatments than ever before.
I'm the most optimistic about the hair cloning technology by Dr. Takashi Tsuji. It could be commercially available in 2030. But there are a lot of other trials, and obviously not all of them will be success (in fact, the majoriyt won't be), but it's true that there is much more research now than in the past. This is how science progresses.

I can see hairloss being a thing of the past in 20-30 years. Unfortunately, it could take this long ... so until that, Norwood's victims have to take the treatments that are available now.

• +1
Reactions: Yuya Moggershima, Deleted member 7725, OOGABOOGA and 9 others
Im 15 and my dad balded by mid 20s, still got a long time left. Im afraid of the norwood reaper ngl :feelsmega:

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Toth's thot, Enfant terrible, Deleted member 2729 and 1 other person
Im 15 and my dad balded by mid 20s, still got a long time left. Im afraid of the norwood reaper ngl :feelsmega:
I have a cousin who was completely bald by 20, that was 15 years ago. He wanted to spend 5,000 euros on a treatment (very likely a cope), but his doctor said it was too late already, so Norwood won. He would have had much better possibilites now than 15 years ago.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15099
A hair piece is still better than nothing

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Enfant terrible and Deleted member 14543
fin + ht = at least nw 1 for 90% of men when caught early enough

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA, Deleted member 2729 and AlexAP
I have a cousin who was completely bald by 20, that was 15 years ago. He wanted to spend 5,000 euros on a treatment (very likely a cope), but his doctor said it was too late already, so Norwood won. He would have had much better possibilites now than 15 years ago.
I live in the US. I wonder if hairloss research is more advanced here or in Europe

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot
Jews need balding people to blend in, we will probably never get any breakthroughs in our lifetime.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: oldcelloser and PURE ARYAN GENETICS
  • +1
Reactions: AlexAP and Deleted member 756
been saying this for ages. if i was bald id happily get a system
Sadly I’m too deformed for even that
My hair is great but my face is deformed and Asian

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 14543
If you lurk in the hairloss forums they're mostly negative about the future. "There hasn't been any single progess since two decades. Fin and minox are the only treatments that work."

New treatments who work good are: Dutasteride, microneedling and, most importantly, there are hair transplants now. Even "soft" solutions like hair systems are much better now than ever before. A HT+fin is basically a cure for most early stage balding men!

2. Fin and minox weren't "breakthroughs in hairloss research", they were pure luck.
To say that science didn't advance since fin and minox is misleading. There was little to no research in the 70s, 80s or 90s. Fin and minox were discovered by pure luck. Before the last two decades, bald men just coped with money, wigs or gym&beard.

I'm the most optimistic about the hair cloning technology by Dr. Takashi Tsuji. It could be commercially available in 2030. But there are a lot of other trials, and obviously not all of them will be success (in fact, the majoriyt won't be), but it's true that there is much more research now than in the past. This is how science progresses.

I can see hairloss being a thing of the past in 20-30 years. Unfortunately, it could take this long ... so until that, Norwood's victims have to take the treatments that are available now.

Good thing a real cure is years away so the competition will stay easier for a while in the older age group. The reaper really narrows it down. I am fighting it some but making progress with dermarolling.

Good thing a real cure is years away so the competition will stay easier for a while in the older age group. The reaper really narrows it down. I am fighting it some but making gains with dermarolling.
Well, from a general standpoint, men's lives would be better with a cure. But if you really like to have less competition, it would be bad for you.

Remember though that the Norwood reaper is a danger for you too, and that you can also workout and skincaremaxx to stand out (a fat guy with hair is still ugly).

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88

Look up KX-826, it is very promising and already completed Phase II trials. Topical anti-androgen it is said to have a higher binding affinity to the androgen receptor than DHT, that means it can be even more efficient than RU. Could be on the market in 2-3 years

GT20029 looks even more promising. It is an androgen receptor degrader which lowers the sensitivity of androgen receptors. They already use these kind of drugs to treat prostate cancer, but if it can be used on the scalp without serious side effects that might mean the cure for hair loss.

These drugs can be on the market way before stem cell hair transplant / hair cloning is introduced.

Well, from a general standpoint, men's lives would be better with a cure. But if you really like to have less competition, it would be bad for you.

Remember though that the Norwood reaper is a danger for you too, and that you can also workout and skincaremaxx to stand out (a fat guy with hair is still ugly).

True but the odd thing is I think the fat guys my age are more likely to have decent hair still than the ones who are a proper weight. Might have to do a headcount on that to see what the numbers actually are. I actually did a comparison on the jail inmate pictures here where you get a front and side facial view to test that round head theory for balding and they were running about 4-1 over the more square head guys as far as going bald.

Male pattern baldness would have a cure if the industry wasn't making billions selling fin and min

• Hmm...
Reactions: AlexAP
if anything I expect psl autists to come up with more stuff. but what we have now is already reasonably good, better than what manlets have to deal with

• +1
Reactions: 5'8manlet and AlexAP
Look up KX-826, it is very promising and already completed Phase II trials. Topical anti-androgen it is said to have a higher binding affinity to the androgen receptor than DHT, that means it can be even more efficient than RU. Could be on the market in 2-3 years

GT20029 looks even more promising. It is an androgen receptor degrader which lowers the sensitivity of androgen receptors. They already use these kind of drugs to treat prostate cancer, but if it can be used on the scalp without serious side effects that might mean the cure for hair loss.

These drugs can be on the market way before stem cell hair transplant / hair cloning is introduced.
Didn't know of these treatments. Sounds good that there is even more progress.

Also, I forgot to mention RU-58841 as another treatment that became popular in the last decades, even if it's not completely legal.

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA
Male pattern baldness would have a cure if the industry wasn't making billions selling fin and min
There are much more billions to make with a cure.

• +1
Reactions: Kroker and mogstar
Didn't know of these treatments. Sounds good that there is even more progress.

Also, I forgot to mention RU-58841 as another treatment that became popular in the last decades, even if it's not completely legal.
It is completely legal as a research chemical. It is just risky to use it in the long term, when it was only tested on humans for 6 months.

• +1

I'm mainly more optimistic due to more asian companies working on a cure now.

Hairloss treatments in the US go through clinical trials 3x longer than the COVID vaccines jfl, also it's dominated by a few big pharma companies.
Clinical trials in other countries are shorter and the competition will hopefully increase Innovation.
Especially looking forward to AR degraders and WNT pathway drugs.

• +1
Most men would not go bald if they took FIN early.
There is a study of the effectiveness of finasteride for 10 years and about 95% of men have had no progress in baldness.
Most will just take this shit too late.
Remember: you lose almost 40% of hair density without even realizing it.
Doing a weekly scalp/hairline check is essential.

Another thing that is revolutionizing everything is oral minoxidil. The results are insane.
Unlike topical minoxidil, which needs a good amount of specific enzymes in the scalp to take effect (only 40% of people with solid results), oral minoxidil is metabolized in the liver, so there will almost always be success.

Oral minoxidil regrowth versus side effects resized min

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA, Enfant terrible, noodlelover and 1 other person
Most men would not go bald if they took FIN early.
There is a study of the effectiveness of finasteride for 10 years and about 95% of men have had no progress in baldness.
Most will just take this shit too late.
Remember: you lose almost 40% of hair density without even realizing it.
Doing a weekly scalp/hairline check is essential.

Another thing that is revolutionizing everything is oral minoxidil. The results are insane.
Unlike topical minoxidil, which needs a good amount of specific enzymes in the scalp to take effect (only 40% of people with solid results), oral minoxidil is metabolized in the liver, so there will almost always be success.

View attachment 1402564
I heard oral minoxidil has dangerous side effects though. Even if it's only for 4%, the risks are too high imo.

So they can grow new hairs with stem cells, but the problem is they can't get the direction correct, so they grow in random directions and it looks too dumb for a commercially viable product. And some hairs might grow into your skull.

They found out the direction of the hair grown is controlled by what's called an extra cellular matrix around the hair follicle, so now they have to figure out how to recreate that.

That's the problem with scientific research, they don't know what they don't know. So they could have predicted accurately that by 2019 or so that they would be able to grow hairs on from stem cells, they couldn't predict that they would also need to grow an extra celular matrix around the hair follicle.

And we don't know how many more unknowns there are. My intuitive sense would be to guess in 15 to 20 years under the assumption that other technologies such as Ai that will assist continue to grow at the pace they've been growing but I could be completely wrong.

For now, Hair systems look really good and you can keep it on for a long time, and shower in them.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14781 and AlexAP
It could be commercially available in 2030.
Government. THIS is more urgent, than stupid Covid vaccines!!!
Millions of lives of men, are ended each year. Due to balding!
Just bring it on market in test phase, like Covid Vaccine

Running Late Judge Judy GIF

@Baldingman1998 @baldingeboy @BaldNonce Shall we start a protest or something. To get this anti-balding medication on market, without it being tested first? If they can do it with Copevid19; than this should alse be allowed.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Descargue96, Deleted member 9670 and AlexAP
I heard oral minoxidil has dangerous side effects though. Even if it's only for 4%, the risks are too high imo.
the side effects that you are thinking of is the heart side effects. that is not 4%.

the 4% side effects include hypertrichosis (body hair, facial hair, etc) , lower leg edema, and a few other minor sides. heart palpitations I think are much lower

so the 4% side effect rate really isn't that scary. especially at 2.5 mg I really don't think you will get any heart side effects Ive been on it for like 3 weeks now and I'm fine too

• +1
Younger generations are taller, hair loss is gonna be cured, and blackpill is going more mainstream. The vaxx better kills some mfs or competition is gonna get brutal

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Descargue96, Deleted member 14781, mogstar and 2 others
Younger generations are taller, hair loss is gonna be cured, and blackpill is going more mainstream. The vaxx better kills some mfs or competition is gonna get brutal
Don't worry, men are getting as fat as never before.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14203
  • +1
Reactions: AlexAP and Deleted member 14203
Shitty argument, men and women are getting fat at equal rates. So less competition but also a lower supply. This is only Lifefuel if you are attracted to fat girls, which most guys aren't.

Overall super easy hair drugs I would say is bad. HT + fin is just risky enough, niche enough, and expensive enough where it will scare off most bluepilled normies but it is accessible to blackpilled people who actually try.

Hairless meds reduce competition and increase a man's prime but don't effect women. So unless something happens to increase women's primes as well this is bad. The Norwood reaper will pick off probably a quarter of chads by 30, and maybe 80% by 40. But without hairless they will all probably be able to slay or LTR prime women until fucking 40 or older depending on how they age.

Also, if you are a young Normie looking guy at least you can cope that if you don't bald you will be a Chad to MILFS in a decade or two. But if this happens, young females will have even more options than they currently do. Older females will ALSO be able to have higher standards than they currently do.

I really don't see how this is "Lifefuel" my dude.

Shitty argument, men and women are getting fat at equal rates. So less competition but also a lower supply. This is only Lifefuel if you are attracted to fat girls, which most guys aren't.
If you looksmax, it's a lifefuel for you, you don't need to go for fat women then.
Overall super easy hair drugs I would say is bad. HT + fin is just risky enough, niche enough, and expensive enough where it will scare off most bluepilled normies but it is accessible to blackpilled people who actually try.

Hairless meds reduce competition and increase a man's prime but don't effect women. So unless something happens to increase women's primes as well this is bad. The Norwood reaper will pick off probably a quarter of chads by 30, and maybe 80% by 40. But without hairless they will all probably be able to slay or LTR prime women until fucking 40 or older depending on how they age.

Also, if you are a young Normie looking guy at least you can cope that if you don't bald you will be a Chad to MILFS in a decade or two. But if this happens, young females will have even more options than they currently do. Older females will ALSO be able to have higher standards than they currently do.

I really don't see how this is "Lifefuel" my dude.
Curing hairloss will make millions of men's lifes better, therefore it's a good thing for me.

• JFL
If you looksmax, it's a lifefuel for you, you don't need to go for fat women then.
No, @OOGABOOGA said that this will increase competition and you said
My point is Women are also getting just as fat. So it's not Lifefuel. It would only be Lifefuel if men were getting fat but women weren't.
Curing hairloss will make millions of men's lifes better, therefore it's a good thing for me.
Dating is a zero sum game. When another man's (dating) life gets better, everyone else's gets worse. The only way this would be an overall good for everyone is if women also got new anti aging treatments that increased the length of their prime. Without that, we will see even more viable competition for prime women.

I, and most people on this forum never planned to go bald, I have always planned keep a close eye on my hairline and get on FIN +possibly do HT when I reach my 20s. But if there's some very effective preemptive hairless treatment that everyone gets, including lazy, non blackpilled men, then it is not Lifefuel for most the people on this forum.

• +1
Reactions: dakchuh and OOGABOOGA
But if there's some very effective preemptive hairless treatment that everyone gets, including lazy, non blackpilled men, then it is not Lifefuel for most the people on this forum.
it would most likely not be this. I'm sure no matter what there will be some fear mongering that scares away a ton of men. any hairloss medications that are better than fin/min is huge for all men in a good way.

• JFL

17 and already receding

• So Sad