Why inbreeding really isn't as bad as you think it is

D

Deleted member 32221

Silver
I've always been of the opinion, although without evidence, that second-cousin marriages aren't particularly harmful, assuming they don't' happen with great consistency within a family. It wasn't something that I particularly cared to look into, as I generally find genetics boring. But this article confirms my theory.

What I found particularly interesting was the "Goldilocks Zone" of inbreeding. In which, the article states that third-cousins might have just the right amount of genetic overlap (again, assuming it's not done on a regular basis) to result in increased reproductive success. Although, quantity does not necessarily equal quality.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Nice thread

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32221
I've always been of the opinion, although without evidence, that second-cousin marriages aren't particularly harmful, assuming they don't' happen with great consistency within a family. It wasn't something that I particularly cared to look into, as I generally find genetics boring. But this article confirms my theory.

What I found particularly interesting was the "Goldilocks Zone" of inbreeding. In which, the article states that third-cousins might have just the right amount of genetic overlap (again, assuming it's not done on a regular basis) to result in increased reproductive success. Although, quantity does not necessarily equal quality.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
Bro on some Hapsburg shit rn

• WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 32221
IMG 20240306 004901

Full