Why increasing T levels doesn't matter beyond supraphysiological doses.

antiantifa

antiantifa

Fuck you.
I see this argument often: There's no point in increasing T levels naturally, you won't gain as many effects as you would if you'd just roid. This seems to be true, especially if you were already at a normal testosterone level before you modified your lifestyle in whatever way to gain maybe 20-30% more testosterone.

Yet this seems very counter-intuitive, after all testosterone receptors are most sensitive at lower levels and diminishing gains occur with every increase in testosterone levels. To understand this issue it's critical to differentiate between system hormones, their action on peripheral tissues and what seems to be mostly limiting that action on the peripheral tissues.

The average testosterone level of a young male is about 600ng/dL, that's about 6000ng/L or about 6 ug/L. A typical male has 6 liters of blood. This comes out to only about 36 ug of testosterone in blood at any time, about 98% of it is bound and 2% is unbound.

Now testosterone being bound isn't specifically a bad thing, testosterone bound to albumin can travel to different areas in the body than unbound testosterone, this has to do with the fact that testosterone is mostly lipid soluble, while proteins like albumin can become soluble in both water and lipids. Albumin doesn't only move testosterone between blood vessels and peripheral tissues, in fact albumin moves a lot of biological substances every-day in and out, it's like a transporter basically.

However, there's only so much albumin in your blood, increasing testosterone levels does not increase albumin levels neither does it increase albumin-bound testosterone levels significantly.

So what happens when you naturally increase T levels? Your SHBG levels increase in parallel instead and the T becomes SHBG-bound. Now SHBG stands of sex-hormone binding globulin and it's verified that SHBG binds to testosterone so strongly that it doesn't allow it to bind as freely to peripheral tissue as it should. Now SHBG is not a bad molecule. It keeps a lot of bad hormones from messing up your whole body, it not only inhibits testosterone but it also inhibits estrogen.

So what's going on here? Okay suppose out of the 600ng/dL of testosterone that an average male has, he has about 3% free, 55% bound to albumin and 40% bound to SHBG, the rest 2% bound to some weird shit. That means about 18ng/dL is free, 330ng/dL is bound to albumin, 240ng/dL is bound to SHBG and 12ng/dL is bound to some other shit.

Now suppose the average male doubles his testosterone, the amount of albumin then stays reasonably the same and there's simply not much space for the new testosterone to attach to the albumin molecule. Now his testosterone profile will look like this: Out of 1200ng/dL of testosterone there will be 36ng/dL free(doubled), 360ng/dL bound to albumin(slight increase relative to all hormones), 24ng/dL bound to weird shit and finally 780ng/dL bound to SHBG(triple increase).

Now let's calculate the bioactive T levels of scenario where you have a normal level of 600ng/dL compared to the second scenario where you double your T levels.

In the first scenario of 600ng/dL you have 18 + 330 of bioactive testosterone which comes out to 348ng/dL of bioactive testosterone.

In the second scenario of 1200ng/dL you have 36 + 360 of bioactive testosterone which comes out to 396ng/dL of bioactive testosterone.

396ng/dL vs 348ng/dL is only a 13% increase even though you doubled the levels! This is why testosteronemaxxing is absolute cope beyond a certain level. This is also why doctors are right and random faggot redditors are wrong, when you hop on hormone therapy there's no need to stay above 1200ng/dL, the benefits are literally almost none compared to 600ng/dL.

Now obviously I pulled these numbers out of my ass, but you get how it works. Basically once you optimize your body, there's simply no realistic way for you to increase bio-T that much. Any actual significant increase in bio-T will automatically signal the brain to signal the testicles to make less T!

So why do steroids work? Because steroids elevate T levels so much your body can't produce enough SHBG, so your free levels increase by hundreds of amounts. This doubles or triples the bio-T.

The funny part is that steroids don't even elevate T that much. The normal production is 6mg/day, the typical steroid dosage comes out to 42/mg day, the normal production doesn't count in it because it will be suppressed.

TL;DR Beyond normal levels, testosteronemaxxing is absolute cope and doesn't provide any physiological benefits.

So, what are some ways to actually increase the effect of T on the body?

There is no way to specifically increase T levels to increase T effects on the body, it's so complex at the micro-level, there's no point in even trying to predict anything.

Instead you should look for substances that increase high T symptoms, these substances might not increase T levels, but through millions of interactions they may somehow increase peripheral T effect. It doesn't matter how, what matters is that they show high T symptoms.

For example: Ashwagandha, the effects of Ashwganadha are described as increased sex drive, increased muscle mass, decreased fat mass and less mental inhib(IDGAF attitude). So Ashwganadha is probably in some way androgenic even if it doesn't increase bio-T levels that much, it doesn't matter how, all that matters is that it probably is.

There's probably millions of substances that are either anti-androgenic or androgenic.

• +1
Reactions: A L P H A M A L E, Prettyboy, RecessedPrettyboy and 15 others
Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

• Love it
Reactions: ChristianChad
look at pro bodybuilders and tell me their faces dont look more masculine than before?

around two years after starting bodybuilidng:
Agegahg

Dorian Yates at his peak:
Agegh 30

you dont get that kind of facial masculinization simply by aging 5-10years

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4464
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 20565, WadlowMaxxing, MentalistKebab and 2 others
Wtf is your point you fucking inbred mongrel, the whole post is about testosteronemaxxing, not about roiding you fucktard.
keep crying fishlip phaggot

I dont read a post, where the title is already wrong jfl

• JFL
Reactions: ChristianChad, Deleted member 11748 and hairyballscel
also the girl in your avi looks like a tranny

• JFL
Reactions: ChristianChad, Deleted member 6723 and Deleted member 11748
look at pro bodybuilders and tell me their faces dont look more masculine than before?

around two years after starting bodybuilidng:
View attachment 953396

Dorian Yates at his peak:
View attachment 953397View attachment 953398

you dont get that kind of facial masculinization simply by aging 5-10years
Bodybuilders use tons of other drugs and androgen derivatives. T alone doesn‘t do that much in terms of building muscle tissue and burning fat COMPARED TO other compounds. Op only focused on testosterone. The story would be a lot different if he addressed HGH/IGF-1 or trenbolone. Learn to differentiate

Bodybuilders use tons of other drugs and androgen derivatives. T alone doesn‘t do that much in terms of building muscle tissue and burning fat COMPARED TO other compounds. Op only focused on testosterone. The story would be a lot different if he addressed HGH/IGF-1 or trenbolone. Learn to differentiate
all anabolic steroids are based off of the testosteorne molecule

and I doubt its related to hgh, gh is mostly cope I think

• +1
Reactions: Beastchodecode
all anabolic steroids are based off of the testosteorne molecule

and I doubt its related to hgh, gh is mostly cope I think
No, synthetic androgen derivatives can have very different characteristics than testosterone itself

• +1
Reactions: xefo and antiantifa
No, synthetic androgen derivatives can have very different characteristics than testosterone itself
Yeah, different androgens have different effects on bone. Some don't, some have very strong effects. In general running testosterone alone will definitely grow facial bone size.

What about people saying that higher testosterone levels lower the voice pitch?
Are they or could they be correct?

What about people saying that higher testosterone levels lower the voice pitch?
Are they or could they be correct?
Correct up to a certain point. Probably up to 800g/dL there is benefit, but between 800-2000ng/dL there is probably no benefit and then ur in roid territory.

last bit is high iq

So i bought tongkat ali to boost my T and better my sexdrive, is it cope? Didnt understand it correctly because i dont know my T levels so i cant know if it helps or not? At what level is T maxxing cope?

Good post, now make one that lists all things that will give you high t symptoms so we can practically apply to this to real life.

• +1
Reactions: Jew_Supremacist
So i bought tongkat ali to boost my T and better my sexdrive, is it cope? Didnt understand it correctly because i dont know my T levels so i cant know if it helps or not? At what level is T maxxing cope?
Probably not cope since it increases symptoms of high T which means it probably has some fuckery with receptors.

Good post, now make one that lists all things that will give you high t symptoms so we can practically apply to this to real life.
Ashwagandha, high protein diet, good sleep quality, roids.

• +1
Reactions: .👽.
Yeah, different androgens have different effects on bone. Some don't, some have very strong effects. In general running testosterone alone will definitely grow facial bone size.
Cope that's mostly increased facial leanness