Why is my face darker than my body?

AlexanderTheGreat

AlexanderTheGreat

stacysexual | short face LDARing | to-be-GodChad
I have this strange condition where my face is darker than my body.

I have legit got comments about this from various people over the years. Didn't really have a habit of using sunscreen since I was ignorant about looks (and lackadaisical because of being pretty fair when I was a kid). Also used to do lot of exercise in the sun for a few years of my life.

It was after that period that my face turned darker than my body. I initially coped by thinking that doing exercise increased my testosterone which the darkened my skin (testosterone has a skin darkening effect).

Even after avoiding the sun for an year now, my face is still darker than my body. Is this thing now permanent? Or is there any way to reverse it?

Also, does anybody know of good methods to measure skin tone? Literally haven't ever found anything good on the internet.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17829
how often do you wash your face?

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17829, KING REIDYZ, Lorsss and 1 other person
best thing you could do is see a doctor

I have legit got comments about this from various people over the years. Didn't really have a habit of using sunscreen since I was ignorant about looks (and lackadaisical because of being pretty fair when I was a kid). Also used to do lot of exercise in the sun for a few years of my life.

It was after that period that my face turned darker than my body. I initially coped by thinking that doing exercise increased my testosterone which the darkened my skin (testosterone has a skin darkening effect).

Even after avoiding the sun for an year now, my face is still darker than my body. Is this thing now permanent? Or is there any way to reverse it?

Also, does anybody know of good methods to measure skin tone? Literally haven't ever found anything good on the internet.
Nope, I believe that is referred to as a perma-tan or hyperpigmentation, unless I'm mistaken @alienmaxxer knows quite a lot about this topic in particular.

Another thing I've noticed is that brown guys (South Asians in the West, especially here in Canada) who didn't go outside much as kids and stayed indoors for whatever reason, were very fairskinned in their teen and still are as adults and that's not going to change while those that did a lot of outdoorsy stuff as children became much darker(many of these guys were even siblings so some brothers would be very light while others would be dark, same features same parents).

My personal headcanon, whether it's supported by science or not, is that sun exposure as a child is 100% responsible for your skin tone later in life, if you're a non-negro ethnic. I think you told me you're Med, now without being too race-baity about this, maybe the same mechanism applied to you? No offense intended, these are just some thoughts of mine.

@5ft1 I've seen so many cases tbh in brothers and siblings, man. Some older brother being an autistic(not really) recluse who never goes outside ever and never really did as a kid being some extremely fair skinned guy while the younger brother who was an active guy who went outside as a kid a lot being dark as hell. So many cases. What do you think?

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787, Chadethnic101, Xangsane and 1 other person
how often do you wash your face?
Just started using face wash.
Have a habit of not showering for weeks :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Can not washing face cause it to become darker?

• JFL
Reactions: JizzFarmer
Just started using face wash.
Have a habit of not showering for weeks :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Can not washing face cause it to become darker?
yes, your face is exposed to way more dust and grime than your body because of clothes
wash it thoroughly and see what happens

• +1
Reactions: AlexanderTheGreat
I think you told me you're Med, now without being too race-baity about this, maybe the same mechanism applied to you? No offense intended, these are just some thoughts of mine.
Definitely possible. Didn't do much outdoorsy stuff when I was a kid, but ramped it up extremely during my college sports days. That's when the darkening started to happen. (Also because never used sunscreen).

Any ways to reverse it? I think if it's hyper-pigmentation, then there are probably cures for it.

That's brootal, the only skin difference ive seen before was dick being darker.

isn't it the same for everyone? my face has a lil bit of tanned look while my skin is medium white. I totally love it btw, it goes well with my dark blonde hair

• +1
Reactions: AlexanderTheGreat
Any ways to reverse it? I think if it's hyper-pigmentation, then there are probably cures for it.
Thing about this is that it's extremely hard once it has already happened yeah. You could try using Kojic Acid Soap and exfoliating and doing all of that stuff to see what happens. Tretinoin(Retina) also makes your skin slightly lighter, you could also try Vitamin C serums etc

Read through this thread and see the stuff people are mentioning

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 13787 and AlexanderTheGreat
isn't it the same for everyone? my face has a lil bit of tanned look while my skin is medium white. I totally love it btw, it goes well with my dark blonde hair
Tanned skin + blonde hair = exoticmaxx. Seen that IRL.
In your case it would definitely exoticmax you. I have way darker hair than yours so it's a failo for me.

Does anybody know of good methods to measure skin tone? Literally haven't ever found anything good on the internet.

do you go shirtless in the sun or not?

Looksmaxersareretards

it is called going outside
best thing you could do is see a doctor
you are fucking retarded

• JFL
Reactions: HAPAgymcel
i have it too, i think its very common among meds and some arabs. i could be wrong tho

Nope, I believe that is referred to as a perma-tan or hyperpigmentation, unless I'm mistaken @alienmaxxer knows quite a lot about this topic in particular.

Another thing I've noticed is that brown guys (South Asians in the West, especially here in Canada) who didn't go outside much as kids and stayed indoors for whatever reason, were very fairskinned in their teen and still are as adults and that's not going to change while those that did a lot of outdoorsy stuff as children became much darker(many of these guys were even siblings so some brothers would be very light while others would be dark, same features same parents).

My personal headcanon, whether it's supported by science or not, is that sun exposure as a child is 100% responsible for your skin tone later in life, if you're a non-negro ethnic. I think you told me you're Med, now without being too race-baity about this, maybe the same mechanism applied to you? No offense intended, these are just some thoughts of mine.

@5ft1 I've seen so many cases tbh in brothers and siblings, man. Some older brother being an autistic(not really) recluse who never goes outside ever and never really did as a kid being some extremely fair skinned guy while the younger brother who was an active guy who went outside as a kid a lot being dark as hell. So many cases. What do you think?
I used to avoid the sun when younger but do t really anymore
And my face is darker than my body now too lol
Doesn't bother me tbh
It's normal for every ethnic, meds included

I used to avoid the sun when younger but do t really anymore
And my face is darker than my body now too lol
Doesn't bother me tbh
It's normal for every ethnic, meds included
I at least want back my lightskin from younger years as I think it contrasts well with my dark eyebrows and hair.

Also, I think it may help me highlight more red undertones (when I get them), although this may be cope since I've seen super red undertones even on pretty dark skintones.

So what the fuck is the solution to this, Is there any?