Why is my skin flaking in places I've never put tretinoin?

Matheus

Matheus

Mistral
My skin is flaking for example on my upper eye fatpad (the one that creates hooding) but I've never, ever, put tretinoin there. I put minoxidil on my eyebrows but I don't go lower than the brow bone. What gives?

The tret migrates...

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: HellenicChad, Matheus and Deleted member 6573
Lol this has to be a joke

No, not a joke. It travels... although I heard there is not that much migration compared to other topicals.

• +1
Reactions: Matheus
No, not a joke. It travels... although I heard there is not that much migration compared to other topicals.
So considering it has the potentiel to burn fatpads how do I make sure my upper eye are stays untouched?

So considering it has the potentiel to burn fatpads how do I make sure my upper eye are stays untouched?

There are a small number of anecdotes on Reddit of people claiming Tret burnt their fatpads and hollowed their undereye areas. I wouldn't worry tbh... there are no studies proving so. If anything Tret thickens the skin overtime.

If your hooding is caused by lowset supraorbitals and strong browridge then you won't lose hooding anyway...

• +1
There are a small number of anecdotes on Reddit of people claiming Tret burnt their fatpads and hollowed their undereye areas. I wouldn't worry tbh... there are no studies proving so. If anything Tret thickens the skin overtime.

If your hooding is caused by lowset supraorbitals and strong browridge then you won't lose hooding anyway...
Is it ? It seems there is a bit of fat too
IMG 0478

IMG 0527

Thing is I also have ptosis since a week ago for some reason, although it's getting better. I'm wondering if there isn't a correlation / weird interaction with minoxidil / tretinoin. My step-mom who's into nutrition & stuff says my magnesium intake is way too low and that's what causing fatigue and eyelid droopiness

Is it ? It seems there is a bit of fat too
View attachment 886089
View attachment 886090

Thing is I also have ptosis since a week ago for some reason, although it's getting better. I'm wondering if there isn't a correlation / weird interaction with minoxidil / tretinoin. My step-mom who's into nutrition & stuff says my magnesium intake is way too low and that's what causing fatigue and eyelid droopiness

Wouldn't call that hooding tbh... but there is very little UEE. Keep this thread updated because I plan on using minox for my eyebrows too. It seems farfetched that either could cause ptosis.

• +1
Wouldn't call that hooding tbh... but there is very little UEE. Keep this thread updated because I plan on using minox for my eyebrows too. It seems farfetched that either could cause ptosis.
Idk what you call hooding then… usually the side of the upper eyelid are visible while the top part is fully hidden. Pics might not do it fully justice.
My ptosis is mostly gone now, a bit of weakness in the muscle but it seems back to normal. It's more likely that tretinoin caused irritation, lately the skin around my eyes has been very dry and irritated by tretinoin it's quite uncomfortable. I'm kinda scared tret will destroy my fat pads and stuff but I'm still using it for now