Why loneliness is one of the worst things you can subject yourself to long term

D

Deleted member 11126

Kraken
Studies have shown extreme rejection or feelings of alienation are about as painful as getting punched in the face.
To understand why loneliness hurts so much you first have to realize why normal people feel it at all.

Why does loneliness exist at all?

Loneliness exists for a very good reason humans have always required tribes to survive this idea of a sigma male is pure cope. Pre agriculture your tribe was what kept you alive 100 people you knew. If your tribe abandoned you it meant certain death. Then when we got to more complex societies with agriculture it was still important those who were rejected would get hung or be socially shunned and not find work.

What does all this stuff mean?

This all means when you feel lonely your brain associates it with the stress level of being on the brink of death. If you felt super alienated or lonely in the past it was a sign that you were close to death. These levels of stress kill you long term stress in the short term can be very useful to get things done but when you have stress everyday you begin to develop very bad problems. If you are very lonely your brain will constantly think you are dying this feeling of loneliness is the same as feeling hungry or pain your body associates this with you being in a critically bad situation.

How to stop loneliness?

There is no easy way to do it but the best way is to form an artificial group humans evolved in tribes that were required for us to survive. Nowadays we theoretically need no one. Even though obviously you depend on people to make your food run the factories power your house you never interact with any of these people on a tangible level. In the past you knew the guy who made your food (local baker) you had the blacksmith the local craftsman ect. So the only solution is to replicate this you need to have a group of men or friends in your life with similar goals. Having 5-10 friends you have goals together with. I have a friend I lift with I have friends I discuss money with friends I speak to for intellectual stimulation it just matters you guys have a common goal or interest.

What does this mean for society long term?

Loneliness no longer serves a great role anymore. But most people will still feel it this is going to lead to very bad levels of depression as more and more people have meaningless or no relationships at all. This is also why sociopaths and autistic people do so well today they don't need bonds the same way in the past this would have gotten them ostracized or locked up but in the modern age being able to sit at a computer 10 hours a day with no interaction or being able to have no empathy at all is superior. It will take a while for these genes to catch up but I think assuming industrialized society does not fail in 3 centuries sociopathy/autism will be very common traits. Loneliness today is usually a very negative trait because by the nature of an increasingly abstracted society relationships become meaningless. In the past your relationship with your food was the local baker and Deli man. Now you have multinational companies with thousands of employees working to give you one food product so you have no personal connection to these processes. We will also probably see an increase in cults and weird ideologies for acceptance.

Stuff like trans people or LGBT are becoming so popular in young people and its telling that humans yearn for acceptance so much that they will mutilate themselves and go on hormones just to be apart of an accepting community. I don't really see how this will improve all you can do is form your own tribes or try to become a sociopath and disregard human connections.

Attachments

• AlferdAdlerQoute.jpeg
    AlferdAdlerQoute.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 14392, Kingcel32, Forgotten and 4 others
Brutal no reply pill after writing a wall of text, dnrd anyway.
And yea f*ck transfags and lgbtwxyz fags.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19615 and Rt-Rust1
Is it possible to become a sociopath later in life?
Yes but its harder if your older. Sociopaths also still feel empathy. A sociopath is a normal person who had their ability to form bonds destroyed. They can still feel limited empathy bust just chose to turn it off a long time ago.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, fauxfox, Kingcel32 and 2 others
Humans are social creatures

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
  • +1
Humans are social creatures
Yeah the sigma grindset crap is pure cope... The only people who survived that were unironic sigma males were very smart autists or sociopaths.

Sociopaths who are very smart could be smart enough to learn to fit in despite having no attachment and autistic people were often useful for innovation but having these traits generally was a bad thing in the past

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and dopamine-detox
What kind of trauma can cause this?

I do this regularly but never had any trauma, is just pain and loneliness enough to turn someone into a sociopath?
Its also hard to say trauma does different things to different people. Two people could get beat and starved as a kid one person might end up a people pleaser who is always anxious about people liking them. The other might turn off their ability to feel entirely.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Deleted member 14392, dopamine-detox and 2 others
Meta verse will fix all this

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: fjor2096 and Deleted member 11126
Meta verse will fix all this
Maybe tbh the internet when I was young was the only reason I didn't go insane.

I was often stuck in my room 8 hours a day and talking with people online is the only thing that kept me from losing my sanity since I had no friends.

I was pretty young like 11 but the internet did help me a lot. It can be bad but if you have nothing else and nobody irl its an oasis for sure. Half the reason I was able to learn decent social ability or to be good at speaking was from youtube videos I was able to mirror the people talking despite not having anyone to talk with.

If I was born in the 80's I would have probably gone insane with loneliness

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Deleted member 14392, dopamine-detox and 2 others
Emotional pain is perceived by the brain as physical pain. Its fucked up. I would rather get beaten up than the way I feel when dating goes wrong lol.

• +1
Reactions: GetShrekt, Daniel Plainview and Deleted member 11126
Emotional pain is perceived by the brain as physical pain. Its fucked up. I would rather get beaten up than the way I feel when dating goes wrong lol.
Yeah people forget pain itself is an illusion created by your mind. So the cut on your hand and the emotional pain is created by the same force.

Physical injuries often are easy to heal and understand but mental injuries often don't have easy fixes. I've been punched in the face before and I would rather get punched every morning then have to deal with alienation for 30 minutes its far more painful.

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Daniel Plainview and RAITEIII

• +1
It is over

• +1
People who are the least judgemental and most naturally accepting of others are the most likely to end up lonely because their instincts are so different to that of a typical normie. The typical normie is only accepting of those that they believe can give them an advantage in climbing the social hierarchy, if they get the sense that you're not established yet (eg. new kid at school) the wont dare risk their position in the group to be seen with you (unless they see other people accept you first then they suddenly hop on)

The person who is naturally non judgemental will judge each person based on their own opinion of them rather than the groups opionion or their place in the hierarchy which leads to them being respectful towards those that are considered odd/outcasts which means they get alienated from the hierarchy as well

To add onto your point about LGBT, when I worked as a bouncer in a gay bar, (I was assigned there, I never requested it) I noticed that it was the one place where everyone appeared to be accepted. Even the 5'5 framecels with no jaws were treated with respect and had their place, probably since being submissive looking is not a handicap in the gay community.
I never received any hostility from people there and rather than only having people give me respect because I met the stereotype of a sports playing "Jack the Lad" people were just respectful of me without needing to know anything about me. They didn't need to know who my mates were or what level of sport I play (straight guys and foids quiz me on those things as soon as they meet me to determine how much of their resect they think I warrant)
The gay guys that complimented me or just came to me for a respectful chat treated me as if I had inherit value, something I did not feel since I was 12-15 and girls at discos asked me if I would kiss their friend simply based on them being attracted to my looks, not because of what status I had. Past the age of 16 girls can not just like you for who you are, you need to be superior in some form whether it be talent, status, looks or resources (car, expensive clothes)
I can see why there would be appeal for cels to join the LGBT community for acceptance

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Deleted member 21366, Johanjohan and 2 others
Studies have shown extreme rejection or feelings of alienation are about as painful as getting punched in the face.
To understand why loneliness hurts so much you first have to realize why normal people feel it at all.

Why does loneliness exist at all?

Loneliness exists for a very good reason humans have always required tribes to survive this idea of a sigma male is pure cope. Pre agriculture your tribe was what kept you alive 100 people you knew. If your tribe abandoned you it meant certain death. Then when we got to more complex societies with agriculture it was still important those who were rejected would get hung or be socially shunned and not find work.

What does all this stuff mean?

This all means when you feel lonely your brain associates it with the stress level of being on the brink of death. If you felt super alienated or lonely in the past it was a sign that you were close to death. These levels of stress kill you long term stress in the short term can be very useful to get things done but when you have stress everyday you begin to develop very bad problems. If you are very lonely your brain will constantly think you are dying this feeling of loneliness is the same as feeling hungry or pain your body associates this with you being in a critically bad situation.

How to stop loneliness?

There is no easy way to do it but the best way is to form an artificial group humans evolved in tribes that were required for us to survive. Nowadays we theoretically need no one. Even though obviously you depend on people to make your food run the factories power your house you never interact with any of these people on a tangible level. In the past you knew the guy who made your food (local baker) you had the blacksmith the local craftsman ect. So the only solution is to replicate this you need to have a group of men or friends in your life with similar goals. Having 5-10 friends you have goals together with. I have a friend I lift with I have friends I discuss money with friends I speak to for intellectual stimulation it just matters you guys have a common goal or interest.

What does this mean for society long term?

Loneliness no longer serves a great role anymore. But most people will still feel it this is going to lead to very bad levels of depression as more and more people have meaningless or no relationships at all. This is also why sociopaths and autistic people do so well today they don't need bonds the same way in the past this would have gotten them ostracized or locked up but in the modern age being able to sit at a computer 10 hours a day with no interaction or being able to have no empathy at all is superior. It will take a while for these genes to catch up but I think assuming industrialized society does not fail in 3 centuries sociopathy/autism will be very common traits. Loneliness today is usually a very negative trait because by the nature of an increasingly abstracted society relationships become meaningless. In the past your relationship with your food was the local baker and Deli man. Now you have multinational companies with thousands of employees working to give you one food product so you have no personal connection to these processes. We will also probably see an increase in cults and weird ideologies for acceptance.

Stuff like trans people or LGBT are becoming so popular in young people and its telling that humans yearn for acceptance so much that they will mutilate themselves and go on hormones just to be apart of an accepting community. I don't really see how this will improve all you can do is form your own tribes or try to become a sociopath and disregard human connections.
cfa.png

• WTF
Women would rather be alone and die than date a sub8 male

People who are the least judgemental and most naturally accepting of others are the most likely to end up lonely because their instincts are so different to that of a typical normie. The typical normie is only accepting of those that they believe can give them an advantage in climbing the social hierarchy, if they get the sense that you're not established yet (eg. new kid at school) the wont dare risk their position in the group to be seen with you (unless they see other people accept you first then they suddenly hop on)

The person who is naturally non judgemental will judge each person based on their own opinion of them rather than the groups opionion or their place in the hierarchy which leads to them being respectful towards those that are considered odd/outcasts which means they get alienated from the hierarchy as well

To add onto your point about LGBT, when I worked as a bouncer in a gay bar, (I was assigned there, I never requested it) I noticed that it was the one place where everyone appeared to be accepted. Even the 5'5 framecels with no jaws were treated with respect and had their place, probably since being submissive looking is not a handicap in the gay community.
I never received any hostility from people there and rather than only having people give me respect because I met the stereotype of a sports playing "Jack the Lad" people were just respectful of me without needing to know anything about me. They didn't need to know who my mates were or what level of sport I play (straight guys and foids quiz me on those things as soon as they meet me to determine how much of their resect they think I warrant)
The gay guys that complimented me or just came to me for a respectful chat treated me as if I had inherit value, something I did not feel since I was 12-15 and girls at discos asked me if I would kiss their friend simply based on them being attracted to my looks, not because of what status I had. Past the age of 16 girls can not just like you for who you are, you need to be superior in some form whether it be talent, status, looks or resources (car, expensive clothes)
I can see why there would be appeal for cels to join the LGBT community for acceptance
fresh insight on this forum at last

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and Deleted member 11126

Interesting take and you probably are right as a gay man you have infinite more value to other gay men then with straight women. Because the male brain wants to fuck everything it sees whereas the female brain only tries minimizing risk or getting the best possible genetic male.

Although with LGBTcels I might degen stuff like transgender people gay people are bad for various reasons but I could still be friends with some gay people. Trans people not so much...