Why recession isn't genetic - the three main reasons for it

Deleted member 14848

Deleted member 14848

Mistral
1. Nutrition esp as an infant
self explaining, if you don't get the proper nutrition there will be less bone growth, less muscle growth and less masticatory usage which will result in an unideal face which most western people have

2. Breastfeeding
Ndmpw8wt 1372071934

Breastfeeding makes the child develope proper tongue posture and when the child sucks on the tits the maxilla gets expanded and pushed forward.
So in itself it gives forward growth and it is important for the whole life cause of proper tongue function.
In nature babies were breastfed for atleast 2-3 years which reduced to some weeks on average today.

3. Tongue Ties
Images 22

Tongue ties occur more and more often in technically about 80 % of the population has a grade 2 functioning or compensation occurs
A grading scale for the functional classification of ankyloglossia is proposed based on

Tongue ties are linked to a gene mutation of MTHFR which has to do with folate.
But then why is it environmental?
The mutation occurs in up to 60% of whites and mainly means that folic acid which is give to all pregnant women can't be properly converted into bioavaiable folate but taking real folate or getting it through real food is still possible but when the pregant women takes folic acid normal folate can't be really used anymore and the lingual frenulum which connects the tongue to the floor of the mouth can't be killed and the baby is tongue tied which ends in recession

Thougths?
@LooksOverAll
@thecel @astatine @germanlooks @Ethereal
@MarkCorrigan

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: wishIwasSalludon, thecel, noprogressno and 11 others
i was breast fed, mewed my whole life and had proper nutrition as a kid yet my jaw is a little recessed and im downward grown, it got worse after puberty too.

• Woah
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: wishIwasSalludon, thecel and Deleted member 14848
i was breast fed, mewed my whole life and had proper nutrition as a kid yet my jaw is a little recessed and im downward grown, it got worse after puberty too.
post a pic
For how long have u been breastfed and what is proper nutrition for u?

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, Preoximerianas, thecel and 2 others
Breastfeeding and nutrition are huge and go largely ignored. Mothers are supposed to breastfeed for several years, they often don't even do 6 months and often not at all. Their milk is supposed to be rich with nutrients from animal foods, instead it's nutritionally empty due to all the fruit smoothies and pizza they eat. This is what fucks up children.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: AscendingHero, Deleted member 14905, Preoximerianas and 7 others
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: wishIwasSalludon, thecel, datboijj and 1 other person
While this information is useful I thought most people were aware recession is mostly environmental.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: wishIwasSalludon, AscendingHero, Preoximerianas and 7 others
post a pic
For how long have u been breastfed and what is proper nutrition for u?
no need to post a pic, mine is genetic i look like my mom.

• Woah
Reactions: thecel
  • Love it
Reactions: thecel
While this information is useful I thought most people were aware recession is mostly environmental.
no most people here think it's mostly genetic
What should that prove?
Habsburg family was known for their incest which obvisiouly damages the genom but this isn't something that occurs naturally and most people who are recessed aren't the product of incest
no need to post a pic, mine is genetic i look like my mom.
sure u look similiar to a parent but looking similiar doesn't mean that you're genetically recessed cause you'll both have a similiar environment and even small changes will have a big impact on how you'll look
Ovjr00ah1fi21
4sg2l2l7sfu21 1

both of them have the same environment up to the age of 8 and this is the most important period and are identical twins

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, thecel, datboijj and 2 others

What should that prove?
Habsburg family was known for their incest which obvisiouly damages the genom but this isn't something that occurs naturally and most people who are recessed aren't the product of incest

sure u look similiar to a parent but looking similiar doesn't mean that you're genetically recessed cause you'll both have a similiar environment and even small changes will have a big impact on how you'll look
View attachment 1483976View attachment 1483978
both of them have the same environment up to the age of 8 and this is the most important period and are identical twins
if genetics wouldnt play a role it hadnt matter if they did incest or not, therr would be simply no correlation between incest and forward growth

or in another words: if environment would would be the main factor then an incest child could still have giga forward growth as long as it would put the tongur at the right spot at the mouth

also, there wouldnt be much facial similarity between parents and children, it would be more random

i dont deny environmental factors can play a role but genetic comes first. a child with forward grown parents who mouth breath is more likely to end up forward grown then a child of both recessed parents that mews religiously from day one

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel, hebbewem and Deleted member 15305

What should that prove?

View attachment 1483976View attachment 1483978
i had no extractions,no orthodensics done+my teeth are shaped amazingly, 2 doctors commented on how my teeth grew in ideal shape and my wisdom teeth are also coming out rn.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 14848
Yeah, I have a tongue tie and my palate is clearly narrower and higher than normal, even though I was never a mouth breather, while my parents' palates and jaws are wider than mine.
My wisdom teeth grew in but they're a little crooked inward, I can't properly fit my tongue on the roof of my mouth and I'm afraid I may develop sleep apnea and TMJ later in life.
Would a palate expander or something similar help? I've heard they only work before your adult teeth emerge, and I don't think my dentist wants me to get one.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: AscendingHero, thecel, thereallegend and 1 other person
if genetics wouldnt play a role it hadnt matter if they did incest or not, therr would be simply no correlation between incest and forward growth
incest similiar to down sydrome is a genetetic disease not a part of the normal genetic and a habsburg guy who got good nutrition, breastfed with no tongue tie will be more forward grown that a habsburg guy who has the opposite environment
u bringing up special cases dosn't mean that the general rule is wrong
or in another words: if environment would would be the main factor then an incest child could still have giga forward growth as long as it would put the tongur at the right spot at the mouth
no one is talking about barrett tier forward growth cause this takes some generations
also, there wouldnt be much facial similarity between parents and children, it would be more random
parents and children have most of the time a very similiar environment and the bone shape is higly genetic but not its position
i dont deny environmental factors can play a role but genetic comes first. a child with forward grown parents who mouth breath is more likely to end up forward grown then a child of both recessed parents that mews religiously from day one
first mewing is a stupid made up term implying this is something which has activly been done when in reality it was a natural thing to do for million of years
and yes a child with forward grown parents which is forced to mouthbreath, fed a vegan soft diet and the mother is micronutrient deficient during birth will end less good looking amd probably less forward grown than a child with recessed parent living in an optimal environment
i had no extractions,no orthodensics done+my teeth are shaped amazingly, 2 doctors commented on how my teeth grew in ideal shape and my wisdom teeth are also coming out rn.
sounds like u are a forward grown guy, post side profile and a pic of ur palate
Yeah, I have a tongue tie and my palate is clearly narrower and higher than normal, even though I was never a mouth breather, while my parents' palates and jaws are wider than mine.
My wisdom teeth grew in but they're a little crooked inward, I can't properly fit my tongue on the roof of my mouth and I'm afraid I may develop sleep apnea and TMJ later in life.
Would a palate expander or something similar help? I've heard they only work before your adult teeth emerge, and I don't think my dentist wants me to get one.
hard to do something as an adult best would be cutting the tongue tie and getting palate expander with bone anchored facepulling

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel and Squirtle
hard to do something as an adult best would be cutting the tongue tie and getting palate expander with bone anchored facepulling
I'm still underage so I need to find a way to convince my parents or my dentist to get me a palate expander, which seems unlikely at the moment :kys:

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14848
i have a forward grown lower maxilla and good jawline but recessed cheekbones cuz of my ethnicities. genetics. gonna get infra orbital malar implants from eppley and have a crazy ascension

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14848
i have a forward grown lower maxilla and good jawline but recessed cheekbones cuz of my ethnicities. genetics. gonna get infra orbital malar implants from eppley and have a crazy ascension
Cheekbones are a different topic.
They're more genetic than the maxilla but also depend on diet esp. meat

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
Yes and you need to start mewing.
I don't think it can change your facial structure after early infancy. Most before/after pics I've seen show drastic lighting and angle differences, people jutting out their chins or just puberty. And even if it did, you can't achieve a proper posture if your palate is high and narrow, since your upper arch won't accomodate your tongue fully and comfortably.
I've been doing it since I was 13 to the best of my ability + keeping my back and neck straight because I'm not taking any chances, but it seems like an expander and a couple of surgeries when I'm older are all I can do to save me from my rat jaws.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: thereallegend and Deleted member 14848
BULLSHIT. How tf would u know if you mewed as a kid anyway? YOUR A KID

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 14848 and datboijj