Why shouldn't we rate with percentile?

Deleted member 15827

Deleted member 15827

Will be back
PSL seems objective but think about people automatically assume you're in the west and subtract 1 psl if you're curry or middle East.
Why not specify location and then rating is based on percentile. Imo that would help much more. So for example instead of calling me 4.5 psl with innate racial biases( I don't mean racism we all are xenophobes to an extent) you can say I'm 90 th percentile where I live ( India). Here height can be included too so if facially I'm 80 th then with my height (6'3) I would be 90 th percentile

• +1
Reactions: Patient A and thecel
It’s much easier for the brain to rate out of 10. Rating in PSL and rating in percentiles each use more mental effort than rating /10 does, at least for me (I think /10 is easier than PSL to me because I’m more used to /10, but I believe that rating in percentiles is universally harder for human raters).

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest and Deleted member 5786
PSL ratings aren’t accurate.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Patient A, noodlelover and thecel
It’s much easier on the brain to rate out of 10
No it isn't. If you don't understand percentiles that means your IQ is subhuman along with your face lol jk

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23865, Patient A, Deleted member 8165 and 1 other person
No it isn't. If you don't understand percentiles that means your IQ is subhuman along with your face lol jk
Its harder for the brain to comprehend non linear stuff

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and thecel

That’s not what I’m saying at all lmfao.

Imagine rating the tastiness of a food in percentiles instead of out of 10. Much more difficult to rate in percentiles imo.

• +1
Reactions: TrestIsBest
That’s not what I’m saying at all lmfao.

Imagine rating the tastiness of a food in percentiles instead of out of 10. Much more difficult to rate in percentiles imo.
Except there's no need to do that. Percentiles tell you a better story for looks since it's a bell curve, a food taste needn't be represented in a bell curve

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member, noodlelover and thecel
Bc most peoples idea of “average” is a coping mechanism

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 15827
Bc most peoples idea of “average” is a coping mechanism
Bro do you think I'm 90 th percentile in India I'm 6'3

PSX 20220222 232058
PSX 20220213 140914
PSX 20220126 175648
PSX 20220209 182217
PSX 20220120 162634

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 11388 and thecel
PSL seems objective

PSL isn’t by itself objective or subjective. RATERS rate in objective and subjective fashions.

Subjective rating involves looking at a face and putting a number to how hot they look to you. Objective rating involves estimating what the average rating of the female population’s ratings of the ratee would be. Objective rating is an objective measure (statistical arithmetic mean) of subjective phenomena (attractiveness).

One can rate subjectively in percentiles too.

Last edited:
PSL isn’t by itself objective or subjective. RATERS rate in objective and subjective fashions.

Subjective rating involves looking at a face and putting a number to how hot they look to you. Objective rating involves estimating what the average rating of the female population’s ratings of the ratee would be.
My entire point was that psl isn't objective..

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Why's it so hard to understand? It breaks down to something like:

"At 5 PSL you'll get mogged by 1 in 6 guys you meet"

Or

"At 5 PSL in a room of 100 men, about 16 of them will mog you"

Percentiles are easy, we should just abandon the 8 point PSL scale and rate directly in percentile.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 2729, thecel and Deleted member 15827
My entire point was that psl isn't objective..

I didn’t disagree with you. I made the point to remind readers that rating systems can’t be inherently objective or subjective.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
  • Woah
  • +1
I didn’t disagree with you. I made the point to remind readers that rating systems can’t be inherently objective or subjective.
But percentile better cause it's more relevant to what I'm looking for ie. My smv in my population

• +1
Percentiles are easy, we should just abandon the 8 point PSL scale and rate directly in percentile.

Percentiles aren’t easy for human minds to do accurately. Eat some food and score it’s tastiness out of 10. Now tell me what percentage of all food does that food flavormog? Probably won’t be very accurate.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
Percentiles are not easy for human minds. Eat some food and score it’s tastiness out of 10. Now tell me what percentage of all food does that food flavormog? Probably won’t be very accurate.
Rate me man in percentile in curryland I'm 6'3 which is 99 th percentile height here so keep that in mind and tell

• +1
@thecel tf bro rate me

• +1
Just rate in normie, htn chadlite and chad. It’s all you need.

• WTF
  • +1
Reactions: thecel and oatmeal
ye, people who use numbers is stupid because everyones rates will have some segree of variance when combined togwther with many different conversions as some guys mayne different from the other.

so instead of dealing with that just say these broad labels, much better imo

• WTF
Because percentages become useless at very high psls. Cavill and Hexum are more or less the same percentile. Top 0.0001% but Hexum clearly mogs

• +1
Reactions: LooksOrDeath and oatmeal
I dont rate people i was just giving my opinion
Legit. Why does that faggot think I wanna see his face let alone rate him?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and oatmeal

1. Grotesque Truecel
  2. Utter Subhuman
  3. Subhuman
  4. LTN
  5. MTN
  6. HTN
  7. Chadlite
  8. Chad
  9. MegaChad
  10. GigaChad

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: LooksOrDeath and oatmeal
ye, people who use numbers is stupid because everyones rates will have some segree of variance when combined togwther with many different conversions as some guys mayne different from the other.

so instead of dealing with that just say these broad labels, much better imo

variance is precisely what’s needed to know a ratee’s chances with women

Out of 10 you’re a 5.

However when I look at your face I just think you must be under the 50th percentile (I guess 45th percentile), which makes no sense because 5/10 is above the 50th percentile. I suspect that this shitty bias originates from the fact that unattractive people are invisible to the naked eye therefore inflating the IRL-perceived looks distribution high up.

Your inaccurately compensated percentile among YOUNG MEN sub-30 = 55th. Inaccurately 70th in the general population that includes 30+ and oldcels. That’s face.

Take height into account—IDFK what your overall SMV percentile is. 85? Maybe.

Last edited:
Out of 10 you’re a 5.

However when I look at your face I just think you must be under the 50th percentile (I guess 45th percentile), which makes no sense because 5/10 is above the 50th percentile. I suspect that this shitty bias originates from the fact that unattractive people are invisible to the naked eye therefore inflating the IRL-perceived looks distribution high up.

Your inaccurately compensated percentile = 55th. That’s face.

Take height into account—IDFK what your overall SMV percentile is. 85? Maybe.
You should rate relative to indians bro then facially I'll be 80 th percentile after leanmax probably 90 th

• +1
Even in curryland? Jesus bro u seen the avg curry?

avg Indian is a darker and slightly shorter version of avg European

maybe like 0.5 points lower facial aesthetics

East Asians are a whole 1 point lower on the looks scale

Last edited:
  • +1
avg Indian is a darker and slightly shorter version of avg European
Yes so that makes me 80 th percentile in looks now since I'm light skin relatively and 6'3

• JFL
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827 and thecel
PSL seems objective but think about people automatically assume you're in the west and subtract 1 psl if you're curry or middle East.
Why not specify location and then rating is based on percentile. Imo that would help much more. So for example instead of calling me 4.5 psl with innate racial biases( I don't mean racism we all are xenophobes to an extent) you can say I'm 90 th percentile where I live ( India). Here height can be included too so if facially I'm 80 th then with my height (6'3) I would be 90 th percentile
PERCENTILE rating moggs,
Percentile, in own race, and adif you are in the location in the world where your race/phenotype is nromal.

Than, after that. One can deducto or add SMV points. for the factor of: location in the world, and your race in that location in the world

• Love it
Can you rate me with percentile in India
PERCENTILE rating moggs,
Percentile, in own race, and adif you are in the location in the world where your race/phenotype is nromal.

Than, after that. One can deducto or add SMV points. for the factor of: location in the world, and your race in that location in the world

Can you rate me with percentile in India
I can try.
caveat though, I never been there. So it's not that easy to know the average indian man his looks levels.

I'm best, at rating whites.
I been surounded by whites, muh whole life

• +1
rate based on appeal no one irl cares about that PSL autism

rate based on appeal no one irl cares about that PSL autism
appeal DEPENDS on location in the world.

And therefore can't be told to someoen, UNLESS knowing where he lives.

• +1
appeal DEPENDS on location in the world.

And therefore can't be told to someoen, UNLESS knowing where he lives.
and psl is irrelevant everywhere

1. Grotesque Truecel
  2. Utter Subhuman
  3. Subhuman
  4. LTN
  5. MTN
  6. HTN
  7. Chadlite
  8. Chad
  9. MegaChad
  10. GigaChad
This just brings us to where we started :hnghn:

• +1
Why not just make conversions of percentile to ratings? So when we determine the rating we are using the original method you mentioned (using the dataset), we use percentiles. For the final rating, though, we switch it back to the 0-10 scale. A good dataset would be your highschool yearbook btw if your town is large enough. Here's an idea:

Throw out oldcels, people not of your race, and excessively fat people (30% for men) from the dataset as these skew the data.
2% = 3/10
16% = 4/10
50% = 5/10
84% = 6/10
98% = 7/10

If you observe that someone is less attractive than the majority (but not an overwhelming majority) of young men, then you can say that he is a 4/10 without discussing percentiles to others and sounding autistic.

• JFL
  • +1