Why this site is addictive

studiocel

studiocel

virgin but not incel
What's the bad thing about looksmax? It's not that looksmax.org isn't useful and that we should reject it, it's about the fact that it dictates how we behave/feel, resulting in a loss of control/autonomy. The question is, how can we take back control?

Are we the problem? It's not that we are too lazy or too weak to resist, it's just that we don't know how to protect ourselves from the design patterns used by Sarge to foster moderate behavioral addictions.

What are the two forces driving behavioral addiction? Intermittent positive reinforcement and the drive for social approval.

What's intermittent positive reinforcement? Unpredictable rewards in the form of replies and reacts distributed on a regular basis releases more dopamine than predictable ones. Opening the site to see notifications drives up the amount of time you spend on it significantly: it's like using a slot machine.

What's a drive for social approval? Humans are social animals craving for attention and social approval. Inversely, we are programmed to avoid the disapproval of others.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Alexanderr, sorrowfulsad, Deleted member 6217 and 1 other person
2021 08 22 3

Better than crack

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Clark69, Deleted member 7224, Alexanderr and 3 others
The most addictive thing about this site is knowing that if I was 5 years old my mother wouldn't let me visit it.

The most addictive thing about this site is knowing that if I was 5 years old my mother wouldn't let me visit it.
Aren't you in your late twenty's?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12002
What's the bad thing about looksmax? It's not that looksmax.org isn't useful and that we should reject it, it's about the fact that it dictates how we behave/feel, resulting in a loss of control/autonomy. The question is, how can we take back control?

Are we the problem? It's not that we are too lazy or too weak to resist, it's just that we don't know how to protect ourselves from the design patterns used by Sarge to foster moderate behavioral addictions.

What are the two forces driving behavioral addiction? Intermittent positive reinforcement and the drive for social approval.

What's intermittent positive reinforcement? Unpredictable rewards in the form of replies and reacts distributed on a regular basis releases more dopamine than predictable ones. Opening the site to see notifications drives up the amount of time you spend on it significantly: it's like using a slot machine.

What's a drive for social approval? Humans are social animals craving for attention and social approval. Inversely, we are programmed to avoid the disapproval of others.
Ugh. There are not many rules here. That's why. The shit we all say - most of programmed society is against. So when you type this shit on mainstream social networks, you'll get banned - shadowed - targeted for a dox.

Here you can say, faggots - niggers - cunts - kys - rope - lick my balls and call me, Sally. But you can't type this shit on the mainstream.

• +1
  • Woah
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 13476, Deleted member 7224 and LastHopeForNorman
Indeed, the site isn’t nearly as enjoyable or addictive when there’s zero notifications.

• JFL
  • Woah
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 5786, GripMaxxing and BigJimsWornOutTires