Will canthopexy and corner brow lift make me look gay?

P

politically correct

Bronze
Hey,

So I want to upgrade my eye area. I have some good traits such as not too much upper eyelid exposure, thick and long black eyebrows, but theres a fair bit I want to fix:

Eyes:
  • I want to change my canthal tilt from slightly negative negative to neutral/positive
  • In pictures of myself, my eyes look a bit sad and droopy, I want to fix that
  • I think maybe I have too much lower eyelid and a lack of undereye support and eye surgery will give me a more focused, awake and joyful look.
  • When my eyes are open I also have some scleral show on the bottom of my eyes
  • My eyes seem to protrude quite a lot and want them to look less bulgy and more deep-set
Brows:
  • I have thick black and dense eyebrows (dad is Iranian, mum is causacian, got his genetics for brows) but they are quite heavily arched and corners point down
  • They are also assymetric, left eyebrow sits higher and is more arched
Procedures I plan to have:
  • Canthoplasty or pexy
  • Almond eye surgery
  • Lower eyelid retraction/blepharoplasty
  • Corner brow lift
  • Custom infraorbital malar implant
    • avoiding any alteration to the submalar area
The worry I have however is that it will give me 'gay eyes' or feminine eyes? Is this a risk and how can I avoid it? IMG 3548

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
kind of dumb to ask this without posting pics of at least your eyes

Hey,

So I want to upgrade my eye area. I have some good traits such as not too much upper eyelid exposure, thick and long black eyebrows, but theres a fair bit I want to fix:

Eyes:
  • I want to change my canthal tilt from slightly negative negative to neutral/positive
  • I think maybe I have too much lower eyelid and a lack of undereye support and eye surgery will give me a more focused, awake and joyful look.
  • My eyes seem to protrude quite a lot and want them to look less bulgy and more deep-set
Brows:
  • I have thick black and dense eyebrows (dad is Iranian, mum is causacian, got his genetics for brows) but they are quite heavily arched and corners point down
  • Canthoplasty or pexy
  • Almond eye surgery
  • Corner brow lift
The worry I have however is that it will give me 'gay eyes' or feminine eyes? Is this a risk and how can I avoid it?View attachment 1873881
I'd fix your hollow under-eyes first and try trimming down the top of your eye-brows.

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: ChristianChad, Danish_Retard and crosshold
i would get neither of those. you already have pct so you dont need canthopexy/plasty and the fact that you have added mass from your eyebrow shape towards corner brow area anyway means i wouldnt get corner brow lift either

i think the biggest thing that can help you is undereye fat transfer

• +1
Reactions: agoostis
if you do all these surgeries your eye would probably look like a morphed version of @curlyheadjames '

i think you should try softmaxxing first, then decide

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16133
if you do all these surgeries your eye would probably look like a morphed version of @curlyheadjames '

i think you should try softmaxxing first, then decide
Could you share a pic?

i would get neither of those. you already have pct so you dont need canthopexy/plasty and the fact that you have added mass from your eyebrow shape towards corner brow area anyway means i wouldnt get corner brow lift either

i think the biggest thing that can help you is undereye fat transfer
wouldn't an infra rim implant work better?

I think you would benefit from

HARDMAXES:
1) Custom Malar Infraorbital implants (I got them & definitely address what your talking about / undereye support, less flatness)
2) Lower eyelid retraction (helps with droopy/tired look, and increases 'altertness' thus also gives more 'almond look')
3) Lower blepharoplasty (gets rid of eye bags)
4) Lower eyelid fat transfer (gets rid of dark circles) **NOT sure if you have circles or not from picture. But if you do**

SOFTMAXES:
1) Style your eyebrow shape to make them flatter (seems the more you do this, the more the hairs adjust. also brush them in right direction. Just dont trim the area between the brow and your eyebrow too much, cause then that will give you too much Upper Eyelid Exposure.)

------
Almond eye surgery is another word for canthoplasty/pexy and lower eyelid retraction. Also, lower eyelid retraction and blepharoplasty are not the same. Retraction moves the eyelid up. Blepharoplasty is for eye bags. Fat transfer is for dark circles

I WOULD NOT get canthoplasty/pexy in your case because your outer /lateral canthus (corner of eye) is already right below your pupil. ANYTHING above that WILL make you look gay and is a feminine thing. Harder to undo eye surgeries and high chance of not looking like what you envision. Is it better to be 90% there or go for 100% and mess everything up for essentially the rest of your life?

I suggest Dr. Guy Massry (less likely to get botched than Taban) and second is Taban.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Agendum, ChristianChad, Danish_Retard and 2 others
should get implants before soft tissue operations done because skeletal changes could change the soft tissue

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and madcap88
Hey,

Eyes:
Brows:
  • Canthoplasty or pexy
  • Almond eye surgery
  • Corner brow lift
The worry I have however is that it will give me 'gay eyes' or feminine eyes? Is this a risk and how can I avoid it?View attachment 1873881
Firstly, get infraorbital rim implants (or at least inject fat into under eyes) then let us see results u may not need cantho even if u do that

HARDMAXES:
1) Custom Malar Infraorbital implants (I got them & definitely address what your talking about / undereye support, less flatness)
2) Lower eyelid retraction (helps with droopy/tired look, and increases 'altertness' thus also gives more 'almond look')
4) Lower eyelid fat transfer (gets rid of dark circles) **NOT sure if you have circles or not from picture. But if you do**

SOFTMAXES:
1) Style your eyebrow shape to make them flatter (seems the more you do this, the more the hairs adjust. also brush them in right direction. Just dont trim the area between the brow and your eyebrow too much, cause then that will give you too much Upper Eyelid Exposure.)

------
Almond eye surgery is another word for canthoplasty/pexy and lower eyelid retraction. Also, lower eyelid retraction and blepharoplasty are not the same. Retraction moves the eyelid up. Blepharoplasty is for eye bags. Fat transfer is for dark circles

I WOULD NOT get canthoplasty/pexy in your case because your outer /lateral canthus (corner of eye) is already right below your pupil. ANYTHING above that WILL make you look gay and is a feminine thing. Harder to undo eye surgeries and high chance of not looking like what you envision. Is it better to be 90% there or go for 100% and mess everything up for essentially the rest of your life?

I suggest Dr. Guy Massry (less likely to get botched than Taban) and second is Taban.
thanks mate this is super helpful

HARDMAXES:

SOFTMAXES:

------

thoughts on a subtle corner brow lift?

thoughts on a subtle corner brow lift / lower eyelid retraction
No problem.

Those 2 procedures are different. Also, I would get the implants first and let them heal before you consider anything else. They will change your soft tissue and potentially raise your lid a bit (they did for me). The surgeons doing anything else can't properly determine the adjustments without that done first.

I wouldn't do the brow lift, theres unnecessary risk. Do everything else in the right order and do the eyebrow styling and see how it is. Then maybe in a year (if you are planning to do all these surgeries/everything else this year), consider it if you think it would help and is worth risk.

Strongly suggest uploading progress and process here. 1) You will get more objective feedback because others who are blackpilled really are helpful for this stuff and 2) Your helping every future guy who is going through exactly what you are going through

• +1
Reactions: Agendum and ChristianChad
No problem.

Those 2 procedures are different. Also, I would get the implants first and let them heal before you consider anything else. They will change your soft tissue and potentially raise your lid a bit (they did for me). The surgeons doing anything else can't properly determine the adjustments without that done first.

I wouldn't do the brow lift, theres unnecessary risk. Do everything else in the right order and do the eyebrow styling and see how it is. Then maybe in a year (if you are planning to do all these surgeries/everything else this year), consider it if you think it would help and is worth risk.

Strongly suggest uploading progress and process here. 1) You will get more objective feedback because others who are blackpilled really are helpful for this stuff and 2) Your helping every future guy who is going through exactly what you are going through
thanks mate, the only thing is, combining procedures is way cheaper as a huge % of the fees in europe is the hospital fee

can you recommend a dr for the infraorbitals? also for these is saddle required?

thanks mate, the only thing is, combining procedures is way cheaper as a huge % of the fees in europe is the hospital fee

can you recommend a dr for the infraorbitals? also for these is saddle required?
I went to Dr. Yaremchuk along with a mandible implant, but I am getting them revised soon. Would go to someone else.

I hear Eppleys the next best one for these. Just if you go to Eppley be conservative, because he is known for doing exactly whatever the patient wants which can look crazy bad. Taban also does this, not sure if Massry does. DON'T go to a lesser known surgeon, it compounds the risk

Also consider what material you want. Silicon is known for messing with the underlying bone (bone erosion) and can move around later. Medpor and PEEK don't cause the erosion I've heard and are don't move around/more permanent. Some say medpor and peek can't be removed or modified - that is not true.

Confirm what you mean by saddle as well

• +1
I went to Dr. Yaremchuk along with a mandible implant, but I am getting them revised soon. Would go to someone else.

I hear Eppleys the next best one for these. Just if you go to Eppley be conservative, because he is known for doing exactly whatever the patient wants which can look crazy bad. Taban also does this, not sure if Massry does. DON'T go to a lesser known surgeon, it compounds the risk

Also consider what material you want. Silicon is known for messing with the underlying bone (bone erosion) and can move around later. Medpor and PEEK don't cause the erosion I've heard and are don't move around/more permanent. Some say medpor and peek can't be removed or modified - that is not true.

by saddle I mean that the implant saddles over the infrorbital rim itsllef, so sort of goes over and round the rim a bit

know of any europeans doing it?

Also do you know how much Taban / Massry / Eppley charge for the infras?

Last edited:
  • +1
by saddle I mean that the implant saddles over the infrorbital rim itsllef, so sort of goes over and round the rim a bit

Mine did not have saddles. Mine from Dr. Y were 3k for custom design and making, then ~12k for the surgical fee.

So ~15k. Pretty sure they are all around that price.

Heres my design

Attachments

• 2864778_imp1.png
    2864778_imp1.png
    321.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Love it

Also, check out this thread:

• +1
Mine did not have saddles. Mine from Dr. Y were 3k for custom design and making, then ~12k for the surgical fee.

So ~15k. Pretty sure they are all around that price.

Heres my design
Nice thats cheaper than I thought, what is wrong with your designs such that you are revising? were you happy with the infras effect on the eye?

• +1
Nice thats cheaper than I thought, what is wrong with your designs such that you are revising? were you happy with the infras effect on the eye?
At the moment they do not look symmetric. The left side on that design isn't as projected as the right, and its too high up on the side of my eye so it looks more like a bruise than a cheekbone.

May resolve as swelling goes down, but not confident in that. Otherwise he will need to redesign the right side, and remove & replace the current implant.

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and politically correct
At the moment they do not look symmetric. The left side on that design isn't as projected as the right, and its too high up on the side of my eye so it looks more like a bruise than a cheekbone.

May resolve as swelling goes down, but not confident in that. Otherwise he will need to redesign the right side, and remove & replace the current implant.
Thanks man, going to have a consult with bernardini, who does infraorbital rim implants :)

Thanks man, going to have a consult with bernardini, who does infraorbital rim implants :)
Be sure to mention you want the malar portion. Might as well get your cheekbones enhanced while your at it.

Aside from the asymmetry I mentioned, cheekbones are superb now

• +1
Be sure to mention you want the malar portion. Might as well get your cheekbones enhanced while your at it.

Aside from the asymmetry I mentioned, cheekbones are superb now
yes, im planning to do this. NGL cheek implant scare me though as I dont want amber heard cheeks, i have no idea when it comes to designing them

yes, im planning to do this. NGL cheek implant scare me though as I dont want amber heard cheeks, i have no idea when it comes to designing them
I went for this kind of look.

Just spend some time finding what male infuencers or models of your phenotype you'd like to look like. Note their cheekbones, etc.

Attachments

• 2864805_10.jpg
    2864805_10.jpg
    747.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2864808_6.jpg
    2864808_6.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Hey,

Eyes:
Brows:
  • Canthoplasty or pexy
  • Almond eye surgery
  • Corner brow lift
top tier brows
good soft tissue distribution on upperr eyelid area,
decent pfl,
decent eye spacing
bad under eye support, looks like your fat pads melted (aging related)
average medial canthus
good lashes on upper eyelids but lacking on lower lids,

lateral canthoplasty(red marked) + infraorbital rim implants associated with fat grafting, or just fat grafting (blue marked) will fix your issue

It's clear the signs of aging and sagging on your skin under eyelids, u can benefit from co2 laser sessions after getting the volume fixed there

Last edited:
top tier brows
decent pfl,
decent eye spacing
average medial canthus
View attachment 1874646

lateral canthoplasty(red marked) + infraorbital rim implants associated with fat grafting, or just fat grafting (blue marked) will fix your issue

It's clear the signs of aging and sagging on your skin under eyelids, u can benefit from co2 laser sessions after getting the volume fixed there
Thanks man! So do you think custom infraorbital malar implant + fat grafting combined + canthoplasty would give great results? Would lower eyelid retraction not work instead of cantho?

I went for this kind of look.

Just spend some time finding what male infuencers or models of your phenotype you'd like to look like. Note their cheekbones, etc.

How do I avoid looking like the guy in this thread?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-19 at 11.56.21.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-19 at 11.56.21.png
    498.8 KB · Views: 0

When you look at him and don't like his look you have to isolate the cheekbones.

Is it the cheekbones you don't like or the various other homosexual aspects of his aesthetic?

When you look at him and don't like his look you have to isolate the cheekbones.

Is it the cheekbones you don't like or the various other homosexual aspects of his aesthetic?
all of the above, the cheekbones are a bit too prominent for me

all of the above, the cheekbones are a bit too prominent for me
Yea, I agree. Emphasize you want it to look natural.

I told my surgeon natural, but 'better than natural'. Aside from the symmetry issues (which are being addressed) definitely don't look fake at all

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: politically correct
Thanks man! So do you think custom infraorbital malar implant + fat grafting combined + canthoplasty would give great results? Would lower eyelid retraction not work instead of cantho
Lower lid retraction is usually for patients with a tension that pull down their lids and lateral canthus, its not your case i think

But u should visit good oculoplastic surgeons(more than 1) to have a broader opinion and decide what to do.

This guy did nothing in his eyes, he had a large malar cheekbone implant that extend to zygomatic arch, u should avoid those big designs.

U should think twice about implants nonetheless, they end up looking fake alot of times and can cause trouble long-term, implants should be seen as last resort, the final outcome is pure gambling.

Last edited:
Lower lid retraction is usually for patients with a tension that pull down their lids and lateral canthus, its not your case i think View attachment 1874706

But u should visit good oculoplastic surgeons(more than 1) to have a broader opinion and decide what to do.

This guy did nothing in his eyes, he had a large malar cheekbone implant that extend to zygomatic arch, u should avoid those big designs.

U should think twitce about implants nonetheless, they end up looking fake alot of times and can cause trouble long-term, implants should be seen as last resort, the final outcome is pure gambling.
what do you mean by trouble long term?

Yea, I agree. Emphasize you want it to look natural.

I told my surgeon natural, but 'better than natural'. Aside from the symmetry issues (which are being addressed) definitely don't look fake at all
to your knowledge would these implants last for life? as skull changes shape as you age

top tier brows
decent pfl,
decent eye spacing
average medial canthus
View attachment 1874646

Do lashes matter alot?

So, I had a consultation with Bernardini

He recommended the following:
  • Bilateral lower blepheroplasty with fat transposition (essentially fat grafting below eyes plus bleph)
  • Lower lid retractor release (lower eyelid retraction to remove scleral show) and lateral canthopexy (combined giving almond look)
  • Endoscopic temporo-malar lift with paracanthal fixation
  • SEFFI fat grafting to GPoint to project and augment the zygoma (rather than a cheek implant)
  • I also asked about potential fat grafting to upper eyelid to create the hooded look
He said that he thought my cheeks definitely do not need augmenting with implants, and if they did why not do it by lifting the soft tissue of the cheek a bit higher up the zygoma (which also has the positive benefit of taking fat away from lower cheeks)

He also said he is sceptical of infraorbital rim implants as if something goes wrong it goes very wrong and you risk eye problems

I'm a bit sceptical of fat grafting as what happens if you lose/gain weight?

Thoughts??

• Woah
So, I had a consultation with Bernardini

He recommended the following:
  • Bilateral lower blepheroplasty with fat transposition (essentially fat grafting below eyes plus bleph)
  • Lower lid retractor release (lower eyelid retraction to remove scleral show) and lateral canthopexy (combined giving almond look)
  • Endoscopic temporo-malar lift with paracanthal fixation
  • SEFFI fat grafting to GPoint to project and augment the zygoma (rather than a cheek implant)
  • I also asked about potential fat grafting to upper eyelid to create the hooded look
He said that he thought my cheeks definitely do not need augmenting with implants, and if they did why not do it by lifting the soft tissue of the cheek a bit higher up the zygoma (which also has the positive benefit of taking fat away from lower cheeks)

He also said he is sceptical of infraorbital rim implants as if something goes wrong it goes very wrong and you risk eye problems

I'm a bit sceptical of fat grafting as what happens if you lose/gain weight?

Thoughts??
From my talks with Albano, fat grafting shouldn't change all that much with weight change. I weightlift and bulk/cut. Will cut soon once my weights higher and am considering similar procedures as you.

I consulted with Berardini and he thought I was silly for wanting anything. He said I looked great.

Did you show him a goal reference picture?

Last edited:
  • +1
From my talks with Albano, fat grafting shouldn't change all that much with weight change. I weightlift and bulk/cut - currently sitting at 205lbs. 12% BF. Will cut soon once my weights higher and am considering similar procedures as you.

I consulted with Berardini and he thought I was silly for wanting anything. He said I looked great.

yes, of somebody elses eye though as i cant photoshop for shit haha

he seemed VERY anti implant which was confusing for me as this forum everyone pretty much has concurred in their responses that an infraorbital implant would help

• +1
From my talks with Albano, fat grafting shouldn't change all that much with weight change. I weightlift and bulk/cut. Will cut soon once my weights higher and am considering similar procedures as you.

why didnt you go with bernardini?

Because he told me I was crazy for wanting anything and didn't provide me any options.
do you think his suggestions make sense?

do you think his suggestions make sense?
He didn't give any - he said I don't need anything.

I disagree, I would benefit from reducing scleral show when eye relaxed. For aesthetics a lateral canthoplasty would help. Also for under eye circles fatgrafting may be good as well.

• +1
yeah agree

do you think his recommendations for me are sensible? the brow/cheek lift scares me a bit

• +1
yes, of somebody elses eye though as i cant photoshop for shit haha

he seemed VERY anti implant which was confusing for me as this forum everyone pretty much has concurred in their responses that an infraorbital implant would help
did he specify what kind of problems or why it’s dangerous? i’ve never heard of issues from tear trough implants(basically non-custom infraorbital implants) and they’ve been around for a while

• +1
did he specify what kind of problems or why it’s dangerous? i’ve never heard of issues from tear trough implants(basically non-custom infraorbital implants) and they’ve been around for a while
He was probably thinking of the ones with saddles (sit under eye inside socket as well). I can absolutely see why he would be concerned about those - 1) installation could mess up your eyes and cause blindness, 2) migration could cause blindness, and 3) changes in skull shape due to aging could cause migration therefore blindness.

Thats also why I would never get silicon implant, especially these. Medpor or PEEK all the way.

• +1
He was probably thinking of the ones with saddles (sit under eye inside socket as well). I can absolutely see why he would be concerned about those - 1) installation could mess up your eyes and cause blindness, 2) migration could cause blindness, and 3) changes in skull shape due to aging could cause migration therefore blindness.

Thats also why I would never get silicon implant, especially these. Medpor or PEEK all the way.
so medpor/peek prevents against this even if you get a saddle?

i remember 2 or 3 years ago yaremchuk told a guy on this forum that saddles weren’t completely safe, but it seems he changed his mind because now there’s another guy on this forum planning to get a saddle with him soon

• +1

According to Sailers assisstant PEEK does but medpor doesnt.

They completly stopped working with PEEK.

• +1

HARDMAXES:

SOFTMAXES:

------

Amazing post sir