will palate expanders do what i want them to do?

M

MA_ascender

Solstice
i want one to get a bigger smile wider mouth and to possibly push my zygos up a bit? will they affect the lower jaw and gonions too? i dont care about nose stuff im getting rhino anyway

• +1
Reactions: Sapieeen
bumppill

I guess

• +1
Reactions: MA_ascender
What kind of expansion?

• +1
Yeah it will flare your cheekbones out a bit, better nose breathing ,also jaw maybe haven‘t heard anything likewise.
MSE coupled with orthodontics can actually help with your jaw growth if you‘re still growing

• +1
Yeah it will flare your cheekbones out a bit, better nose breathing ,also jaw maybe haven‘t heard anything likewise.
MSE coupled with orthodontics can actually help with your jaw growth if you‘re still growing
what kinda orthondonthic procedures to get ? its free till im 16

• +1
Reactions: LancasteR
what kinda orthondonthic procedures to get ? its free till im 16
Just the one you‘re currently on, MSE.
You‘re getting braces with it, right?

• +1
will it push em up like 2mm further up so i can have better canthal tilt?

will it push em up like 2mm further up so i can have better canthal tilt?
It will push the soft tissue a bit but probably nothing noticeable.

• So Sad
Just the one you‘re currently on, MSE.
You‘re getting braces with it, right?
Im not on anything i will be going to the orthondontist next week to ask for braces for my crooked lower teeth and a palate expander

• +1
Im not on anything i will be going to the orthondontist next week to ask for braces for my crooked lower teeth and a palate expander
Yeah expanders are usually giving for crowded upper teeth/jaw when the tongue has not enough space and you don‘t want to extract teeth.

• +1
Yeah expanders are usually giving for crowded upper teeth/jaw
how can i convince the to give me MSE? my upper teeth are fine but the lower 4 front teeth are a bit crowded and crooked

how can i convince the to give me MSE? my upper teeth are fine but the lower 4 front teeth are a bit crowded and crooked
Idk. Do you have a narrow upper palate? How many teeth show when you smile?
And do you have dark corridors on the side of your teeth?
MSE is usually not done for aesthetics alone, only when there’s some functional problems alongside the aesthetic one‘s.
It can also looksmin you

• +1
Idk. Do you have a narrow upper palate? How many teeth show when you smile?
And do you have dark corridors on the side of your teeth?
MSE is usually not done for aesthetics alone, only when there’s some functional problems alongside the aesthetic one‘s.
It can also looksmin you
8 teeth and there are dark corridors. if the looksmin is nose related idc cause im getting rhino. parents agreed to do it at 18 :Comfy:

• +1
8 teeth and there are dark corridors. if the looksmin is nose related idc cause im getting rhino. parents agreed to do it at 18 :Comfy:
Just discuss with your orthodontist. If you have 8 teeth show and no functional problems like upper jaw crowding or restricted nose breathing then it‘s probably not worth it. You can widen or spread the teeth with braces alone, especially Damon braces.
The aesthetic gains are not always worth it and are a hit or miss.

• +1
Reactions: got.daim
Just discuss with your orthodontist. If you have 8 teeth show and no functional problems like upper jaw crowding or restricted nose breathing then it‘s probably not worth it. You can widen or spread the teeth with braces alone, especially Damon braces.
The aesthetic gains are not always worth it and are a hit or miss.
the main thing that got my attention was cheekbones and lower jaw/gonion gains. it seems to be cope so i think ill get braces. i heard braces can fuck up yiour jaw development?

• +1
the main thing that got my attention was cheekbones and lower jaw/gonion gains. it seems to be cope so i think ill get braces. i heard braces can fuck up yiour jaw development?
Just listen what your orthodontist says and ask him what he thinks about palatal expansion.
Also braces itself won‘t really fuck up your jaw growth they can actually be helpful if accompanied with some appliances like MSE.
Neither will rubber bands, they can also be helpful if your malocclusion is more dental than skeletal.
Some people have recessed jaws or jaw growth "discrepancies".
The problem is some orthodontists don‘t work with those appliances or don‘t want to admit that surgery may be needed alongside orthodontic treatment, for those jaw growth issues.
So they just try to "camouflage" this by flaring the teeth together or removing healthy teeth instead of solving the root issues.
The result is straight teeth but the jaws are still misaligned. Sooner or later this can lead to a plethora of health and dental issues.

• +1
Just listen what your orthodontist says and ask him what he thinks about palatal expansion.
Also braces itself won‘t really fuck up your jaw growth they can actually be helpful if accompanied with some appliances like MSE.
Neither will rubber bands, they can also be helpful if your malocclusion is more dental than skeletal.
Some people have recessed jaws or jaw growth "discrepancies".
The problem is some orthodontists don‘t work with those appliances or don‘t want to admit that surgery may be needed alongside orthodontic treatment, for those jaw growth issues.
So they just try to "camouflage" this by flaring the teeth together or removing healthy teeth instead of solving the root issues.
The result is straight teeth but the jaws are still misaligned. Sooner or later this can lead to a plethora of health and dental issues.
i think im lucky having no overbite or underbite, just slightly crooked and crowded lower incisors. Ill ask for palatal expansion and be straight up in saying im ready to get surgery if i need it ig :lul:

• +1
i think im lucky having no overbite or underbite, just slightly crooked and crowded lower incisors. Ill ask for palatal expansion and be straight up in saying im ready to get surgery if i need it ig :lul:
Surgery should be last-Resort especially if you‘re still growing. But it looks like you don’t need it, just make sure to get 1-2 more opinions from other orthodontists and you should be in good hands.

• +1
Surgery should be last-Resort especially if you‘re still growing. But it looks like you don’t need it, just make sure to get 1-2 more opinions from other orthodontists and you should be in good hands.
thank you bhai for all the advice and time :love::love:

• +1
i want one to get a bigger smile wider mouth and to possibly push my zygos up a bit? will they affect the lower jaw and gonions too? i dont care about nose stuff im getting rhino anyway
no mse will only expand airway
for aesthetics it does negligible shit maybe expand the zygos a bit only that nothing else

also you cant do mse without a plan for the mandible

only way to expand the mandible is via msdo which is surgical and similar to a genioplasty or sfot like implants around the gums ( good luck finding someone to do this for you )

expanders will just move teeth not the mandible

mse does expand the maxxila tho they will need to drill holes in your palete if the sutures are fused

go for 4-6mm of expansion only mse will also widen the lips and nose slightly btw

palate expanders are a meme on this forum they barely do any shit other then improving the airway for better breathing

• +1