will removing your molars make your face look worse aesthetically?

its said causes bone resorption
2857352 1650975812592

• +1
Reactions: Kanye West's Cousin
yes dont do it if not absolutely necessary. this is also why i recommend against removing wisdom teeth unless necessary as well and if you get them removed then get bone grafts so you avoid asymmetry and jaw resorption.

Remove Upper Wisdom Teeth
Do NOT Remove Lower Wisdom Teeth

In 2021 my face swelled up due to a molar infection. My 4 bottom molars on each side were infected, but they only ripped out the 2 molars on my right side. They told me one of the side affects was bone atrophy. So that scared me.

8 months later I got dental implants in an attempt to replace those molars. During that time my gums on my right side had absorbed by a lot but the implants were successful. Problem was that I couldn't afford to get the molar crowns until earlier this year. I got my implant crowns this May.

My experience: So in all those years where I had no molars I did see that the right side of my jaw wasn't as prominent as my left side. You can see the jaw line on my left side whereas my right side was round and had no decent jaw line. I could also feel that the right jaw bone was smaller than my left side when I would touch them with my hand. I also noticed the right side of my face had more wrinkles when I smiled. So overall losing your molars is bad for your jaw bone.

There's controversy on whether you regain lost jaw bone when you get your molars and the chewing force is applied onto the jaw. 3 weeks in with these crowns I haven't noticed significant changes to my face but I'll probably write a full report after a couple of months with these implant crowns

• +1
Reactions: Dogpill enjoyer