does bi maxillary protrusion get fixed with extractions and braces

D

Deleted member 29690

Iron
I had a meeting with an ortho not too long ago who said I have bi maxillary protrusion which I already assumed I had because I have bean obsessing over my teeth and face for a while. It makes my mid face and philthrum look long af and is the cause for my mentalis strain that makes my chin look ugly af. The rest of my face is fine but I just get absolutely fucked by my lower third because of my bi maxillary protrusion.

the ortho said I need four extractions with braces to fix it but after some independent research I found a bunch of ugly ass mf saying there face got obliterated by the treatment. the main problem apparently is that the mid face gets sunken in because of the retraction of the teath from braces and you end up looking like an old man. but doesn't this only occur because your mid face is already in a good position but then you ruin it by retracting. for example in the pic below this dumb bitch did no research before getting extractions and got fucked with a sunken in face

you can see that she went from having a nice mid face that is in proportion with the rest of her face, to a sunken witch looking hoe. but what happens if your mid face is already too forward wont braces just make your mid face move to where it should ideally be. For example this image.

yN_vEAFYQckts1WY-X5EtXgAgl7W810wp1rVuxG00sM.jpg

this is what my side profile looks like when I have my mouth closed I have realized when I open my mouth my side profile becomes way better because the teeth aren't fucking everything up. I want to achieve something like this is it possible or is this picture just some fraudulent ortho cgi bullshit. if this isn't possible is there another way to fix this.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Deleted member 21403 and rooman
@alriodai@slayer69@looxmax@ElMatatom@caralho@75sd15@Ethniframementalcel@badg96@iwanttobeachad42069@NoPainNoChick@Darkage@NZT_Dreamer@Master@Dynatime976@Ozsaraal@ugandanchico@SecularIslamist@Blackgymmax,@allahcel@Ellipsis@Peak aesthetics@JovenCansao@MonkeyDLuffy2003

Last edited:
Bimaxillary protrusion isn’t a big falio if it’s moderate.

If your jaw is recessed fix that first, extracting 4 teeth will fuck your face up

• +1
Reactions: VenatorLuparius

If your jaw is recessed fix that first, extracting 4 teeth will fuck your face up
I'm black and I have bimax protrusion by default but after seeing so much horror stories with teeth extraction I decided that genio was the best solution to balance things out.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20631
I'm black and I have bimax protrusion by default but after seeing so much horror stories with teeth extraction I decided that genio was the best solution to balance things out.

Extractions are horrible and a protruding mouth area is good as long as you’re lean and not boneless

• +1
Reactions: VenatorLuparius
never seen a horror story fo bimax protrusion with extractions

Extractions are horrible and a protruding mouth area is good as long as you’re lean and not boneless
Proof protruding mouth is good or is that thread ur source

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29690

my jaw isn't reccesed. what will happen if i extract.

Proof protruding mouth is good or is that thread ur source
Read the thread.

And protruding mouth isn’t good as a stand-alone feature, the rest of your face has to be forward grown or you’ll look chimpmaxxed.

• JFL
Reactions: User49
Read the thread.

And protruding mouth isn’t good as a stand-alone feature, the rest of your face has to be forward grown or you’ll look chimpmaxxed.
he just said it’s good

literally no proof of it at all

how can a protruding alveolar be good

@Dr. Bruh thoughts?

makes no sense for it to be ideal

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29690 and Deleted member 21044
he just said it’s good

literally no proof of it at all

how can a protruding alveolar be good

@Dr. Bruh thoughts?

makes no sense for it to be ideal
Ofc alveolar prognathism isn't good what's the point of this.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20631 and User49
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20631 and Deleted member 21044
It will atrophy your maxilla/mandible.
isnt that the point so i can move the maxilla back also how will the mandible be affected.

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 21044
isnt that the point so i can move the maxilla back also how will the mandible be affected.
Why the fuck would you want to move your maxilla back jfl @julianchicago look at this retard.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, VenatorLuparius and Magnum Opus
Why the fuck would you want to move your maxilla back jfl @julianchicago look at this retard.
He needs to get the spaces between his teeth shaved to make some room for tooth retrusion, or he advances his jaws somehow to also make space for retruding the teeth inwards.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Alexanderr, Deleted member 20631, Deleted member 29690 and 1 other person
thank you for giving real advice
He needs to get the spaces between his teeth shaved to make some room for tooth retrusion, or he advances his jaws somehow to also make space for retruding the teeth inwards.

• +1
Reactions: Magnum Opus
I agree I think he has too proclined teeth not protruding alveolar bone if he isn t black, making the teeth inward will loose the lip support both up and down and will get a more neutral look.

No any kind of teeth reduction will be detrimental to looks. @pay to slay you need to recess only your alveola which is done by palatal expansion.

Screenshot 20230407 1140184

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: VenatorLuparius, Deleted member 29690 and Magnum Opus
No any kind of teeth reduction will be detrimental to looks.
Depends on how his maxilla looks, just retruding the lower teeth won't have much impact on the whole maxilla. If the upper maxilla is flat and not advanced it will look way worse after retruding the teeth in though.

• Hmm...
im black

• +1
Depends on how his maxilla looks, just retruding the lower teeth won't have much impact on the whole maxilla. If the upper maxilla is flat and now advanced it will look way worse after retruding the teeth in though.
I'm talking about upper teeth.

• +1
im black over for me
I agree I think he has too proclined teeth not protruding alveolar bone if he isn t black, making the teeth inward will loose the lip support both up and down and will get a more neutral look.

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: ripcordgod1 and Deleted member 21044

Im stuck on this cuz if you have bimaxillary protrusion (significant) then u do realize that if u fix a recessed jaw with lf1/bsso all that will happen, is your teeth will be pushed out even further more, and the mouth/chin position ratio stays the same but in even worse position, until you do genio ofc. I dont know what to do, Ramieri tells me to remove teeth on bottom to make room for bimax/bsso. But extractions are fked

for africans mild bimaxillary protrusion can be a good thing if it's balanced out. for asians it's not viewed favorably.

The former might be what this surgeon did

• +1