Will there ever be a real midface shortening surgery?

N

Nobody96

Iron
I read a lot about this topic in the last weeks but it seems impossible to shorten a midface really by removing bone. What do you guys think will there be a surgery one day ?

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss
Rhino, Cheekbone implants and growing out eyebrows fully can be a huge improvement. Get sarpe too

• +1
Reactions: doll, Lorsss, samm735 and 1 other person
no.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: toolateforme, MD_Hopeful69, jefferson and 1 other person
I read a lot about this topic in the last weeks but it seems impossible to shorten a midface really by removing bone. What do you guys think will there be a surgery one day ?
zygos implant, palate expander, jaw angle implants, chisell chewing to enlarge the masseter, non surgical lip widening

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 685, Pendejo and Nobody96
Here’s the red pill. The only way u can literally shorten it is thru some invasive surgery like lefort. If u want to camouflage it, go for implants especially in zygos and lip lift. Tbh slightly short or slightly long midface is good. Too short or too Long looks bad

• +1
Reactions: Nobody96 and Deleted member 656
Here’s the red pill. The only way u can literally shorten it is thru some invasive surgery like lefort. If u want to camouflage it, go for implants especially in zygos and lip lift. Tbh slightly short or slightly long midface is good. Too short or too Long looks bad
Lip lift doesn't camouflage it, it actually shortens the midface. The real problem for most people isn't the length of the midface (which can somewhat be compensated for by a lip lift), it's the lack of a good IPD.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4044, Deleted member 3043, randomguy1235 and 3 others
Youre right bro but really cut of bone from the maxilla seems impossible at the moment
Lip lift doesn't camouflage it, it actually shortens the midface. The real problem for most people isn't the length of the midface (which can somewhat be compensated for by a lip lift), it's the lack of a good IPD.
There is box oesteotomy for ipd but i never hear that a non deformed guy got it

probably not

• +1
Reactions: Nobody96
Screenshot 20190710 022652 Gallery

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2227, Deleted member 685, The Dude Abides and 1 other person
What’s a good IPD as a rule of thumb? It also depends on bizygomatic width. It’s rare to see people with close set eyes irl

Look at that horse’s square chin.

• +1
You can get some with lip lift
maxresdefault.jpg

counterclockwise double jaw surgery too (a bit less)
preview@2x-eff14a5a.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656 and Nobody96
What’s a good IPD as a rule of thumb? It also depends on bizygomatic width. It’s rare to see people with close set eyes irl
As a general rule anywhere in the 60s is good. 60s IPD with 1 midface ratio and IPD as 46%-48% of the bizygomatic.

• +1
non surgical lip widening
:feelsping:

Are you talking about that method in which you have to put some kind of expander between your lips to stretch the mouth so it widens over time?

:feelsping:

Are you talking about that method in which you have to put some kind of expander between your lips to stretch the mouth so it widens over time?
yes

• +1
Reactions: Pendejo
  • +1
you can already shorten the bone with jaw surgery. but no one knows how to pull the stomion up significantly or fix a long nose

• +1
you can already shorten the bone with jaw surgery. but no one knows how to pull the stomion up significantly or fix a long nose
I believe you can only shorten the maxilla, because you don't want to mess up with the nasal airway.

• +1
I believe you can only shorten the maxilla, because you don't want to mess up with the nasal airway.
Yes thats the problem at the moment the airways must keep their function
Yeah bro I read this too

lip lift + maxillary impaction is the closest solution but your stomion position doesnt change so it still kind of looks long unforunately

• +1
lip lift + maxillary impaction is the closest solution but your stomion position doesnt change so it still kind of looks long unforunately

Eppley is a great guy, when there would be a real way to shortening midface he already would so it.

Surgerymax from Lookism explains here a type of LeFort that would shorten a long midface.

And here is a result of LeFort 2 :

• +1
Rhino, Cheekbone implants and growing out eyebrows fully can be a huge improvement. Get sarpe too

Can you post a pic on a before/after cheekbone implant? The only one I think I’ve seen made the guy look fucked up tbh

• +1
good thread

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
  • +1
Reactions: toolateforme