Discussion Will wisdom teeth removal ruin your face?

PunishedDollcel

PunishedDollcel

Silicone Connoisseur
So basically I have very crowded fucked up teeth that give me a misaligned bite, but my dentist told me that in order to fix them through braces or Invisalign I'd have to have my lower wisdom teeth extracted to make room in mouth. My question is if this will completely destroy my jawline, because I've read a lot of horror stories of people's jaws becoming more downward and narrow from wisdom teeth removal. However others have claimed it'll improve your facial definition, and that many models undergo the procedure for that reason. Idk who to believe with this shit.

Beastimmung

Beastimmung

Zephir
I know some people who got them removed and there face didn't change

Arborist

Arborist

diagnosed autist.
So are these "horror" just nocebo bullshit?
my experience isn't applicable or universal to everyone, it probably just depends on how bad it is, I had excess teeth in general, they removed more than just the wisdoms because they were growing in my palate.
DSC 0036 2

PunishedDollcel

PunishedDollcel

Silicone Connoisseur
I know some people who got them removed and there face didn't change
I'm just scared shitless of my jaw becoming more recessed from my teeth literally being pulled back.

F

fffen500

Iron
removing hard teeth will leave space for other teeth to move backwards. It will not recess your face in a few years, but once you start aging, your teeth will have much easier time moving back to the soft tissue, pushing it together.
3-5 years ? maybe no visible changes
10-20 years? who knows, maybe

Better leave them alone unless they grow problematically or you need jaw surgery. Imperfect bite is better with all teeth vs perfect bite + extractions

PunishedDollcel

PunishedDollcel

Silicone Connoisseur
removing hard teeth will leave space for other teeth to move backwards. It will not recess your face in a few years, but once you start aging, your teeth will have much easier time moving back to the soft tissue, pushing it together.
3-5 years ? maybe no visible changes
10-20 years? who knows, maybe

Better leave them alone unless they grow problematically or you need jaw surgery. Imperfect bite is better with all teeth vs perfect bite + extractions
Damn

R

ray

22. ugliest incel on looksmax.org
i got mine removed..no difference.

BugeyeBigNoseCurry

BugeyeBigNoseCurry

Zephir
Bone smash jaws to stimulate forward growth and don't listen to dentists they will lookmin you

PunishedDollcel

PunishedDollcel

Silicone Connoisseur
Bone smash jaws to stimulate forward growth and don't listen to dentists they will lookmin you
My problem is crooked teeth. My maxilla is a little bit recessed, but I don't think it's anything death-tier.

D

deadlock

Banned.
Look bro if a pair of shoes don't fit you do you cut off your toes or do you get bigger shoes? That is exactly what the dentists are trying to do (cutting of your toes). You need jaw expansion to accommodate the teeth.

PunishedDollcel

PunishedDollcel

Silicone Connoisseur
Look bro if a pair of shoes don't fit you do you cut off your toes or do you get bigger shoes? That is exactly what the dentists are trying to do (cutting of your toes). You need jaw expansion to accommodate the teeth.
Well what fucking surgery would I need then