Will working out stunt my growth?

mewingmaxxer

mewingmaxxer

Iron
Should I workout only or heightmax only or do both? Will doing so stunt my growth and make me shorter

5'8 rn (174cm evening height)

No

• +1
Reactions: med
it can, don't be a retard like me and do heavy ass squats and deadlifts

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: mewingmaxxer and autistic_tendencies
I hope so

• JFL
Reactions: asdvek
it can, don't be a retard like me and do heavy ass squats and deadlifts
yes those ofc mess up with ur spine lol. obv. dont do these and dont do exercises that u have weights above ur head they compress spine

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel
stretching exercises might help

• +1
Reactions: mewingmaxxer
yes those ofc mess up with ur spine lol. obv. dont do these and dont do exercises that u have weights above ur head they compress spine
probably cucked myself from an extra inch from doing those 140kg+ dl and squats so often when i was 16 and 17

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: mewingmaxxer and asdvek
probably cucked myself from an extra inch from doing those 140kg+ dl and squats so often when i was 16 and 17
Im glad i was at that phase when i was 14-15 and quit early after an injury or i wouldve roped

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel
Should I workout only or heightmax only or do both? Will doing so stunt my growth and make me shorter

doubt it. https://www.sciencedirect.com/scien...eased IGF-1,old significantly increased IGF-1.
u shaped igf1 response. as long as your micros and macros are good youll likely actually grow more (if your using an aromatase inhibitor. working out creates a much larger test increase in relation to igf1 increase, meaning you would aromatise. not sure tho because it does increase dht as well).

• +1
Reactions: mewingmaxxer

also people say compressive forces dont matter, it will make you shorter short term. people say "your body will decompress when you sleep" but it can have an impact. also will worsen posture problems if you have them (but easily fixable).
for me, after stopping squats and dl and swapping with leg press and hamstring curls + good mornings i decompress less (before would be 177to 173, but now its 177 to 175).

purely just anecdotes here though. if you want to get high numbers, squat + dl is what you want. benching 115kg is less impressive than deadlifting than 200kg, even though id argue that 200kg dl is easier than 115kg bench.

Yes it will, don’t let people tell you otherwise.

Only if you injure a growth plate