Wisdom teeth removal - local anaesthetic sufficient?

Tobias Fünke

Tobias Fünke

Proudly Stallonepilled
Sup bros. I'm due to get 3 wisdom teeth removed in less than a fortnight in anticipation of my bimax early next year. I was told that 2 of the teeth are easy to get out but that one of them is really dug in to the bone so it would be more difficult and time consuming. None of them are showing. General sedation would seem like the obvious choice. However, I don't want to have someone come in to collect me after surgery (which is obliged after general sedation) and I don't want to pull a Walter White and say some shit that I shouldn't while I'm doping out.

Does anyone know if local anaesthetic is OK for this or would the pain be excruciating? I should mention that a foid is taking the wisdom teeth out (no alternative available) so the odds of the whole thing being a botched mess are very high.

Sup bros. I'm due to get 3 wisdom teeth removed in less than a fortnight in anticipation of my bimax early next year. I was told that 2 of the teeth are easy to get out but that one of them is really dug in to the bone so it would be more difficult and time consuming. None of them are showing. General sedation would seem like the obvious choice. However, I don't want to have someone come in to collect me after surgery (which is obliged after general sedation) and I don't want to pull a Walter White and say some shit that I shouldn't while I'm doping out.

Does anyone know if local anaesthetic is OK for this or would the pain be excruciating? I should mention that a foid is taking the wisdom teeth out (no alternative available) so the odds of the whole thing being a botched mess are very high.
General sedation is NOT general anaesthesia. You can breathe yourself, and you just want to sleep, and sleep the whole procedure. It is just for your comfort.

Local anaesthesia IS going to be used REGARDLESS.

YES, LOCAL ANAESTHESIA IS ENOUGH. I removed 2 of my wisdom teeth under local anaesthesia ONLY. No sedatives, nothing. You just feel pulling, pressure on the jaw, and hear cracking for your bottom wisdom teeth when they split them. No pain.

Americans are pussies. You can't even do a filler injection without general anaesthesia :feelscry:

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Tobias Fünke and Deleted member 18879
I had it with just loads of painkillers local anaesthesia and it felt like a twig getting snapped from my jaw it was horrible ngl I still need 2 rotten ones removed but cba

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Tobias Fünke and St.TikTokcel
I had local anaesthesia and I felt kind of nothing. Upper wisdom was visible and lower was impacted.

• +1
Reactions: Tobias Fünke