Workcels, how do you make time for gymcelling?

11gaijin

11gaijin

Banned
I'm a workcel and making time for gymcelling is very tough. If I gymcel for an hour I am too tired to do anything else. I want to work on my body but I am waiting till my jaw surgery as I think I will lose any gains that I have since jaw surgery involves loss of weight due to liquid diet for a while and shit. After my jaw surgery my motivation will be pretty high.

Anyways, I want to workout but it is too tiring with my job and everything. Are there any workcels here who do that or is it all studycels? What is your secret? I want to have a six pack body that makes foids droooool.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
I'll preface any advice I give by saying that I'm a full time college student who also works a part time job, so not 100% your situation.

I've been working out on a regular basis for about 2 years now, averaging 3-4 times per week. During that time I've had all sorts of routines, and tried quite a few supplements/preworkout stuff. Here's some advice I can give regarding being tired after the workout.

1. Keep intensity manageable. If you're trying to hit 10 hard sets of a compound lift, you'll be pretty damn tired afterwards. Make the most intense set your top set AKA the last one you do for that exercise.

2. Don't stimulate yourself too much, especially if you need to get something done right after you workout (work, social life, sleep, ect). If you NEED caffeine to workout, then make sure to take some L-Theanine with it. It'll curb off the jitters, and prevent any big crashes after the caffeine wears off.

3. Accept that some days aren't your best day. Sometimes you'll walk into the gym and perform like shit. Accept that it happens, and either cut down the amount of workload you were going to do, or just leave and come back next time.

Hope this helps :)

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Nibba
I'll preface any advice I give by saying that I'm a full time college student who also works a part time job, so not 100% your situation.

I've been working out on a regular basis for about 2 years now, averaging 3-4 times per week. During that time I've had all sorts of routines, and tried quite a few supplements/preworkout stuff. Here's some advice I can give regarding being tired after the workout.

1. Keep intensity manageable. If you're trying to hit 10 hard sets of a compound lift, you'll be pretty damn tired afterwards. Make the most intense set your top set AKA the last one you do for that exercise.

2. Don't stimulate yourself too much, especially if you need to get something done right after you workout (work, social life, sleep, ect). If you NEED caffeine to workout, then make sure to take some L-Theanine with it. It'll curb off the jitters, and prevent any big crashes after the caffeine wears off.

3. Accept that some days aren't your best day. Sometimes you'll walk into the gym and perform like shit. Accept that it happens, and either cut down the amount of workload you were going to do, or just leave and come back next time.

Thanks a lot for the advice man. I'm quite drunk right now but I will read this well once I am sober. Cheers!!

• +1
Try to get your work out done within an hour and 30 minutes if you can.

• +1
Just do full body workouts 2-3 times per week

• +1
I can't work out more than 2/3 days in a week. Same situation as yours.

• +1

There are quite a few options that you have when it comes to programming, which I'm kind of a nerd about, so feel free to ask questions. For example, you could follow a PPL program, which means shorter workouts more times per week.

• +1

With college starting for me this really helps. Finding time for the gym is rough and like you said some days are just shit. Yesterday I did poorly so I just decreased the load and pushed through tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Deleted member 147