Worth getting a codecel master's?

Johnny_Sins

Johnny_Sins

Bronze
I finish my Bachelor's in May and wondering if it's worth continuing to extend the college life a bit mostly but also to get (hopefully) guaranteed work afterwards wherever I want.

I talked to a few people, including at my internship and the general consensus is that work experience is valued more than a master's. Idk yet if i'd be paying for it, depends where I do it.

Also worth mentioning i'll be 24 finishing my Bachelor's :forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile:

Last edited:
bad idea

• So Sad
Reactions: Johnny_Sins
Will prob take you 2-3 years to complete it and you’d be 27 with no money? Even if you finish it, the job you will get prob won’t pay much more as you don’t have work experience

• +1
Will prob take you 2-3 years to complete it and you’d be 27 with no money? Even if you finish it, the job you will get prob won’t pay much more as you don’t have work experience
I think it takes 1 year full-time, 2 part-time. Like i'd be working mon-fri and then doing my master's on weekends. I'd be getting paid while doing it if I stayed here but it'd be shit pay and I want to get out of where i'm living currently asap.
I guess you're right, should probably focus on finding work.

Depends how ugly you are. If you're normie tier then yes if subhuman then no

• Hmm...
I think it takes 1 year full-time, 2 part-time. Like i'd be working mon-fri and then doing my master's on weekends. I'd be getting paid while doing it if I stayed here but it'd be shit pay and I want to get out of where i'm living currently asap.
I guess you're right, should probably focus on finding work.
Master degrees are also very expensive, if you like your field and your smart i would do it tbh. Planning on doing my master after 3-5 years of working

• +1
Master degrees are also very expensive, if you like your field and your smart i would do it tbh. Planning on doing my master after 3-5 years of working
free here, my company would pay for it, but then I think i'd have to stay there for a few years as an employee which is a nono for me too.
So yeah i'd have to do it in EE and idk how much it'd be there.

• Hmm...
Reactions: onskibidi
free here, my company would pay for it, but then I think i'd have to stay there for a few years as an employee which is a nono for me too.
So yeah i'd have to do it in EE and idk how much it'd be there.
Wait so you’ve already found a job and they offering to pay for it? It’s a good offer it’s just what you prefer sacrificing your late 20s or living what’s left of there is any
I personally wouldn’t take it though cause am graduating at 20

• +1
Wait so you’ve already found a job and they offering to pay for it? It’s a good offer it’s just what you prefer sacrificing your late 20s or living what’s left of there is any
I personally wouldn’t take it though cause am graduating at 20
My internship offered to take me back after college and pay for my master's if I want to.
But honestly I think i'd kill myself if I spent even another month there. I gotta get the fuck out of the small city I live in which means moving back to poorfag eastern Europe for me.
I don't know how likely it is i'll find a job there at all though, let alone a well-paying one with my bachelor's. I'm not exactly in demand.

• +1
Reactions: onskibidi
depends on what you want to do - do you want to do crud apps in some corporate somewhere? if yes, fuck the school

if you ever want to do any kind of sophisticated work, then getting a degree might no be bad

• +1
depends on what you want to do - do you want to do crud apps in some corporate somewhere? if yes, fuck the school

if you ever want to do any kind of sophisticated work, then getting a degree might no be bad
yeah, i'd like to eventually be more than an office crud monkey but in my 20s I think I care more about just making a bit of money

I finish my Bachelor's in May and wondering if it's worth continuing to extend the college life a bit mostly but also to get (hopefully) guaranteed work afterwards wherever I want.

I talked to a few people, including at my internship and the general consensus is that work experience is valued more than a master's. Idk yet if i'd be paying for it, depends where I do it.

Also worth mentioning i'll be 24 finishing my Bachelor's :forcedsmile::forcedsmile::forcedsmile:
Nah definitely not worth it. Expensive af and you're definitely not guarranteed a good job because of it. Employers value work experience, personal projects and interview skills, the qualification is just the basics and most graduate jobs aren't requiring a masters. Yeah as you said, work experience would be much more beneficial plus you gain money instead of losing.

• +1
Major in a field you're good at that pays well, then reap the rewards as you make way more money than everyone else and in a much more comfortable position. If you don't fuck up with something like a divorce or accidental pregnancies, you can get very rich with a job as a programmer, if you invest in the stock market (low risk investments of course).

• +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back