Would 2 lower premolar extractions be justifiable if the crowding was really severe and there wasn't no other way around it?

I

itwillallbeoversoon

appealmaxxer
As the mandible is a single big bone that can't really be expanded like the maxilla can, would it be justifiable then. The crowding was severe and I did ask my ortho about it today. He said that it was too much and that there was no otger way around it, don't know how much should I believe him as orthos today aren't that open minded on other stuff so there's that. He is trying to make space for my lower wisdom teeth now that started erupting and he didn't want to extract my too premolars because he said that he wanted to fix it without extracions first so there's that atleast. But he said even thought I fixed the top corwding without extractions the bottom one could not be possible without extractions.

Your opinions on all of this, should I try and get a second opinion from someone and should I try to get dental implant for those 2 teeth when my wisdom teeth are done growing and are in place?

My mandible got pulled back in the process of the extractions and braces, making me have an overbite. Not sure if my face got more narrow though. The extractions were 2 year ago.

tbh only if u are prepping for bimax & need to. do u have pain?

tbh only if u are prepping for bimax & need to. do u have pain?
Nah i dont, the premolars were in a bad position though, my canines were completely trapped behind them. Asked my ortho about it and he said that there was no possible way to save them. Gonna get a second opinion though as i want to put implants for them if I can make enough space, if not i'm maybe fucked

Last edited:
As the mandible is a single big bone that can't really be expanded like the maxilla can, would it be justifiable then. The crowding was severe and I did ask my ortho about it today. He said that it was too much and that there was no otger way around it, don't know how much should I believe him as orthos today aren't that open minded on other stuff so there's that. He is trying to make space for my lower wisdom teeth now that started erupting and he didn't want to extract my too premolars because he said that he wanted to fix it without extracions first so there's that atleast. But he said even thought I fixed the top corwding without extractions the bottom one could not be possible without extractions.

Your opinions on all of this, should I try and get a second opinion from someone and should I try to get dental implant for those 2 teeth when my wisdom teeth are done growing and are in place?

My mandible got pulled back in the process of the extractions and braces, making me have an overbite. Not sure if my face got more narrow though. The extractions were 2 year ago.
Not really. Focus on jaw