Would a Genioplasty suffice?

W

Widemaxilla

Iron
My teeth are slightly retroinclined which is why my chin hasn't developed forward. Orthodontist said invisalign/braces can fix the bite but chin will still be short.
OPG and Lat Ceph indicate my maxilla is not recessed
The profile shot is with complete straight neck prosture.
Front shot I've covered my ears as I have very large protruding ears which throw off my harmony.(Currently growing hair. Will eventually opt for otoplasty)
I already have 4ml chin filler (waste of money) its only giving me 3ml max of projection.

Would like to avoid Jaw surgery. as it is very expensive and invasive.

Height 6ft1
weight 70kg
body fat 12%

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4054 and Short Ugly and Brown
It would work for your profile, but would leave your jaw even more narrow and pointy. This looks like a pretty clear custom implant case because of the augmentation you need to your chin width and mandibular body

And you look good enough to do well with girls assuming everything else is on point, so doing nothing other than the otoplasty is always an option

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Moneymaxxed, Deleted member 4614, Lux and 1 other person
It would work for your profile, but would leave your jaw even more narrow and pointy. This looks like a pretty clear custom implant case because of the augmentation you need to your chin width and mandibular body

And you look good enough to do well with girls assuming everything else is on point, so doing nothing other than the otoplasty is always an option
Thanks for the response! I have considered an implant as an option as well but am concerned it would create a deep Mentolabial Fold.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4054
Thanks for the response! I have considered an implant as an option as well but am concerned it would create a deep Mentolabial Fold.

It would to a degree but so would a genio with a comparable amount of advancement, regardless of what surgeons may have told you. And the implant can be designed in a way that minimizes this. Just eyeballing it I'd say you could accommodate 7-8mm of advancement without the fold looking unnatural.

Can't you just fill the fold with a filler?

Here's a basic morph I've done.
Ive looked up chin implant and genioplasty results but cant come to the conclusion that this is possible.
Would love to hear some more opinions.
It would to a degree but so would a genio with a comparable amount of advancement, regardless of what surgeons may have told you. And the implant can be designed in a way that minimizes this. Just eyeballing it I'd say you could accommodate 7-8mm of advancement without the fold looking unnatural.
I've just posted a morph of the results I would like. Do you think 7-8mm of implant could achieve this? considering I've already had 3mm projection from filler.
Can't you just fill the fold with a filler?
Thats something you would have to continue every year or so, isnt it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 12.41.56 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 12.41.56 pm.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Here's a basic morph I've done.
Ive looked up chin implant and genioplasty results but cant come to the conclusion that this is possible.
Would love to hear some more opinions.

I've just posted a morph of the results I would like. Do you think 7-8mm of implant could achieve this? considering I've already had 3mm projection from filler.

Thats something you would have to continue every year or so, isnt it?

I think a 7-8mm implant properly designed would yield something similar to the morph, yes.

• +1
Reactions: Widemaxilla