Would it be a good idea to use medical terms/suggest potential movements with your surgeon?

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
Say if I told my surgeon that I have consulted with other surgeons about this procedure and they have explained everything, and that I have read chapters from an orthognathic surgery textbook & asked them exactly what I wanted in terms of aesthetic outcome and suggested potential movements for bimax, do you think they would see me as being informed or as probably having BDD?

anyone have any experiences doing this?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel and delusionalretard
They don't care. All they want are your sweet shekels

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Mongrelcel, ilyess, delusionalretard and 8 others
I always say in consultation how much i want and how i want my Bimax and what i don't want

Lot of them don't like that you tell them what to do cause "they are the surgeon and you are an ignorant patient"

I try prove them im right, even sometimes i don't agree with the surgeon and i even show him mesure on my ceph, they don't like when i do that but i don't care ITS MY FACE

I would never trust a surgeon who doesn't hear what i want exactly and want to do what he want with MY FACE

Now i found a surgeon he said my plan was correct in email, but i will ask the numbers i want when i consult him on 26 july

• +1
Reactions: pizza, KraftDurchLeid, Schönling and 3 others
Never reveal your power level.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, lilhorizontal32, delusionalretard and 1 other person
In my general experience with doctors, most of them are absolute thick-as-shit bellends who do everything via the route of rote memorisation: If it isn't in Grey's Anatomy of they don't remember it from the Pharmacopia, then there is a chance they almost are certainly unaware of it and it'll be up to you to bring them to awareness.

Don't be afraid of educating your retard doctor (especially if he's your GP)--At the very least, this is a guaranteed source of easy drugs.

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, delusionalretard and quakociaptockh
They migjt get angry cause they love patients who dont know shit about treatment.

• +1
Reactions: LastHopeForNorman, SixCRY and delusionalretard
Overthinking autist detected. Who cares what your surgeon thinks about your mental status, as long as he's getting paid for doing his job?

• +1
Reactions: delusionalretard
They migjt get angry cause they love patients who dont know shit about treatment.
Yes they love ruining faces that's why i hate surgeon, got offered lot of shitty treatemznt

Thx to this forum i discovered everything about jaw surgery

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32
I always say in consultation how much i want and how i want my Bimax and what i don't want

Lot of them don't like that you tell them what to do cause "they are the surgeon and you are an ignorant patient"

I try prove them im right, even sometimes i don't agree with the surgeon and i even show him mesure on my ceph, they don't like when i do that but i don't care ITS MY FACE

I would never trust a surgeon who doesn't hear what i want exactly and want to do what he want with MY FACE

Now i found a surgeon he said my plan was correct in email, but i will ask the numbers i want when i consult him on 26 july
yeah exactly bro. I want to tell them what I want but its unusual af for the average person to know how to analyse cephs, let alone even know what a maxilla or mandible is. thats why I think being that specific might be a red-flag for a surgeon, meaning they might not think its worth operating (because they might think you have BDD)

Never reveal your power level.
then whats the point of accumulating all this knowledge about obscure medical procedures lol

In my general experience with doctors, most of them are absolute thick-as-shit bellends who do everything via the route of rote memorisation: If it isn't in Grey's Anatomy of they don't remember it from the Pharmacopia, then there is a chance they almost are certainly unaware of it and it'll be up to you to bring them to awareness.

Don't be afraid of educating your retard doctor (especially if he's your GP)--At the very least, this is a guaranteed source of easy drugs.

thats actually somewhat similar to what Ive experienced. but I dont want to offend them, especially as what Im asking for (CCW + jaw and chin widening) is something that is a bit more niche, so there arent that many local surgeons who'd be willing to perform it in the first place

exactly. the typical PSLer will most likely ask a lot more questions, especially relating to expected aesthetic outcome, at which point the extra hassle could turn into anger, meaning they wont put as much effort into your case or might just reject to operate on you altogether

Overthinking autist detected. Who cares what your surgeon thinks about your mental status, as long as he's getting paid for doing his job?
idc what the surgeon thinks about me personally. but I care because a lot of surgeons refuse to operate on those who they deem to be mentally unstable/have BDD

Last edited:
idc what the surgeon thinks about me personally. but I care because a lot of surgeons refuse to operate on those who they deem to be mentally unstable/have BDD
Go find out then. Wrecking your brains over what might be won't help you at all

yeah exactly bro. I want to tell them what I want but its unusual af for the average person to know how to analyse cephs, let alone even know what a maxilla or mandible is. thats why I think being that specific might be a red-flag for a surgeon, meaning they might not think its worth operating (because they might think you have BDD)

then whats the point of accumulating all this knowledge about obscure medical procedures lol

thats actually somewhat similar to what Ive experienced. but I dont want to offend them, especially as what Im asking for (CCW + jaw and chin widening) is something that is a bit more niche, so there arent that many local surgeons who'd be willing to perform it in the first place

exactly. the typical PSLer will most likely ask a lot more questions, especially relating to expected aesthetic outcome, at which point the extra hassle could turn into anger, meaning they wont put as much effort into your case or might just reject to operate on you altogether

I don't care if they think i have BDD lol, if u want something u ask that's it

• +1
Update:
Today i consulted a new surgeon just to get his point of view and cuz he's 30mns only from my house

I told him everything like mm, CCW and he didn't thought i have BDD. And talked about Arnett and Alfaro, which he knew and read their studies
He just said i'm 100% right about technical

He offered me an occlusale plane of 0drgree, we didn't calculate cuz only ceph no 3D, and more than 8mm BSSO.
So maybe 10 to 12 CCW, 6 LF1 and 10 BSSO

Also he said CCW will push my chin so he said we need chin reduction that we will see in 3D

I asked him the price he said 100% free cuz i have sleep apnea 👍🏼

BDD is when someone have minor flaw and want surgery like really bad , if you le jaw have real pb, the surgeon will see it

• +1
Say if I told my surgeon that I have consulted with other surgeons about this procedure and they have explained everything, and that I have read chapters from an orthognathic surgery textbook & asked them exactly what I wanted in terms of aesthetic outcome and suggested potential movements for bimax, do you think they would see me as being informed or as probably having BDD?

anyone have any experiences doing this?
I’ve never been to one but have an appointment soon. I won’t use words that only psl autists would know. Deviated septum, orbital rims, maxilla, bsso, lefort. You name it. But I would say like I want the lower jaw a bit more forward for example. Or the nose a bit straighter. It’s your face. Make your vision of how you should look like crystal clear. You don’t want fckups.

• +1
Reactions: never_lucky
Update:
Today i consulted a new surgeon just to get his point of view and cuz he's 30mns only from my house

I told him everything like mm, CCW and he didn't thought i have BDD. And talked about Arnett and Alfaro, which he knew and read their studies
He just said i'm 100% right about technical

He offered me an occlusale plane of 0drgree, we didn't calculate cuz only ceph no 3D, and more than 8mm BSSO.
So maybe 10 to 12 CCW, 6 LF1 and 10 BSSO

Also he said CCW will push my chin so he said we need chin reduction that we will see in 3D

I asked him the price he said 100% free cuz i have sleep apnea 👍🏼

BDD is when someone have minor flaw and want surgery like really bad , if you le jaw have real pb, the surgeon will see it
damn man, wouldve guessed that a surgeon wouldnt have liked a patient telling him what specific movements he wants, but I guess not. gonna tell my surgeon to do CCW rotation now as well

I’ve never been to one but have an appointment soon. I won’t use words that only psl autists would know. Deviated septum, orbital rims, maxilla, bsso, lefort. You name it. But I would say like I want the lower jaw a bit more forward for example. Or the nose a bit straighter. It’s your face. Make your vision of how you should look like crystal clear. You don’t want fckups.
yeah thats exactly what Ive been doing. but by doing this the surgeon doesnt realise that you actually know a lot about the procedure and if you push for something (like CCW) you will sound like some clueless guy that self-diagnosed after spending 30mins on jawsurgeryforums, not several months on .org :lul::lul:

• JFL
  • Ugh..
Reactions: never_lucky and one job away
yeah thats exactly what Ive been doing. but by doing this the surgeon doesnt realise that you actually know a lot about the procedure and if you push for something (like CCW) you will sound like some clueless guy that self-diagnosed after spending 30mins on jawsurgeryforums, not several months on .org :lul::lul:
Jfl at you for thinking spending months on .org isn’t a red flag

Maybe it’s better to use medical terms and use them with the explanation of having had different surgeons opinions and consultation

• +1
Maybe it’s better to use medical terms and use them with the explanation of having had different surgeons opinions and consultation
That’s exactly what I was planning on doing but everyone here is saying that the surgeon doesn’t care where you learnt all this information

• +1
Reactions: one job away
That’s exactly what I was planning on doing but everyone here is saying that the surgeon doesn’t care where you learnt all this information
I guess it’s just in generell that docs are pissed of by wannabe smart self educated people. Not that what you say is wrong but flawed since you don’t know half the stuff they know. They studied for years and years.

• +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back