Would it be helpful to get diagnosed as Aspie?

CupOfCoffee

CupOfCoffee

IdentityCrisisCel
My thinking is this: If I apply for a job and list "Asperger's" as a disability, they would not expect an outgoing NT person, they would expect someone who is a bit off, so by them considering me for the job, that would already be accounted for. My issue in every job interview is that I'm expected to be a certain way, they call me for an interview, and then I come off as mildly bored, aloof, dishonest, and with the trademark Aspie stare, all of which are undesirable traits which I can't ever change. Thoughts? @Paretocel @Dude420 @future chadlite @Extra Chromosome

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
I would think that an official diagnosis would help provide context as to why you’re exhibiting certain atypical behaviors in interviews. Although if you’re applying for jobs in aspie-friendly fields (i.e. engineering, prop trading, accounting, etc.) it really shouldn’t make a difference, in those fields they should be assessing you primarily on “technicals” rather than “behaviorials.”

• +1
Reactions: CupOfCoffee
I would think that an official diagnosis would help provide context as to why you’re exhibiting certain atypical behaviors in interviews.
I agree, hoping to do that soon.
Although if you’re applying for jobs in aspie-friendly fields (i.e. engineering, prop trading, accounting, etc.) it really shouldn’t make a difference, in those fields they should be assessing you primarily on “technicals” rather than “behaviorials.”
My experience has been that interviewers still want you to act normal, I know my issue isn't the technicals because I have very good grades and have good skills that qualify me, but the interviewers themselves don't like the way I communicate, even being rehearsed I'm aloof and I think I come off as dishonest (people have always suspected me of lying even when I'm being fully honest, I now know it's my face).

• +1
Reactions: Extra Chromosome
Every workplace/school have different accommodations. I can't speak for your workplace tbh. Just investigate it heavily and ask around for available accommodations for azzburguhs.

For my condition the sui rates are high as shit. So when I went to see available insanity-perks I was almost about to get hospitalized again by the cuck jews. So in my case it wasn't worth it.

Aspie-perks seem fine tho, they pose no danger on any one, but I would still scout for all available info. Try asking your psychiatrist and emailing your workplace from a disposable email srs.

• +1
Reactions: CupOfCoffee

srsly nigger