Would you get braces at an older age?

DyingHope

DyingHope

Iron
If your teeth looked like this?

Teeth.jpg

It'd take about a year to put right with invisalign, I feel my teeth give a bad first impression even if I look okay otherwise for a 40 something eternally single [and NEET again] guy. I will probably go for it, I curse my old dentist for going extraction crazy and saying my teeth are fine!

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Moggie and ChristianChad
I'm back on braces at 21 for having jaw surgery. I wouldn't do it for cosmetic reasons only though.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8988
I'm back on braces at 21 for having jaw surgery. I wouldn't do it for cosmetic reasons only though.

I feel it's causing issues too because by bottom teeth overlap the 3 on the right side [left side in reality] of that photo. I may have another 3+ decades to live like this! I will go for it I think, it's going to be nearly £4'000 but I have £23'000 free to spend right now. It's going to be a major pain to have them in 22 hours a day, but my confidence and opportunities will be so much higher. Plus I'll LOOK better.

Fixing them will be a great benefit to your life
Having improper bite causes me serious discomfort, I'm getting invisalign next month

• +1
Reactions: szolliontaraelis, Yerico7 and DyingHope
orthognatic surgery, not orthodontic treatment

• +1
Reactions: ItalianCesso
U have crossbite, need jaw surgery.

You have nothing left in life, get your surgery

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member and ItalianCesso
I've had my initial scans, pictures of my teeth and paid my deposit so I'm starting invisalign next month sometime. But my smile will always look abnormal and I'll have to work with what I've got I basically got told.

My arch was crowded as a kid and instead of making room my asshole dentist at the time ripped out healthy teeth instead to make room and make my arch even more narrow! He even ripped out my canine teeth, the most important and aesthetic teeth in the mouth! Fuck sake, ahhhh just rip @DyingHope 's canines out, he's subhuman anyway and doesn't stand a chance. :pepefrown:

Closing Gaps – Canines are the last of the front teeth to fall into place and therefore close any unsightly gaps between the other upper teeth.

First Touch – Canines play a vital role in the “biting” mechanism of the teeth. They touch first when the jaw closes, and guide the other teeth into position.

Proper Alignment & Function – Canine teeth are essential to the correct alignment and function of the other teeth on the dental arch. Missing or impacted canines can greatly affect the function and aesthetic appearance of the smile.

Fucking over before it began!

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: ChristianChad and Aesthetica

Teeth.jpg

It'd take about a year to put right with invisalign, I feel my teeth give a bad first impression even if I look okay otherwise for a 40 something eternally single [and NEET again] guy. I will probably go for it, I curse my old dentist for going extraction crazy and saying my teeth are fine!
Yes, braces aren’t too harmful in your adult years iirc, extractions are worse but can be combated by getting dental implants for the teeth that were extracted

I've had my initial scans, pictures of my teeth and paid my deposit so I'm starting invisalign next month sometime. But my smile will always look abnormal and I'll have to work with what I've got I basically got told.

My arch was crowded as a kid and instead of making room my asshole dentist at the time ripped out healthy teeth instead to make room and make my arch even more narrow! He even ripped out my canine teeth, the most important and aesthetic teeth in the mouth! Fuck sake, ahhhh just rip @DyingHope 's canines out, he's subhuman anyway and doesn't stand a chance. :pepefrown:

Closing Gaps – Canines are the last of the front teeth to fall into place and therefore close any unsightly gaps between the other upper teeth.

First Touch – Canines play a vital role in the “biting” mechanism of the teeth. They touch first when the jaw closes, and guide the other teeth into position.

Proper Alignment & Function – Canine teeth are essential to the correct alignment and function of the other teeth on the dental arch. Missing or impacted canines can greatly affect the function and aesthetic appearance of the smile.

Fucking over before it began!
First time I’ve heard someone get their canines extracted, fucking brutal

Teeth.jpg

Invisilign would be a bandage across the real problem which is narrow palate. You're treating a skeletal issue with dental means

It'll also probably not be great for the health of your dental roots.

No need for braces ur teeth are better than mine

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220824-134026_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220824-134026_Gallery.jpg
    619 KB · Views: 0
I got my braces yesterday (brackets, as prep for jaw surgery). If you have any questions you can talk to me anytime @DyingHope. I really hope you can still somewhat make it in life. Keep going!

• Love it
Reactions: DyingHope
Finished my treatment, won't get it much better now. Just a professional clean left and my retainers on order.