You aren’t balding because of DHT [Guide]

Nameless King

Nameless King

Gold
Disclaimer: This theory is not presented as fact, however it has strong scientific support and is becoming increasingly prevalent in contemporary research.

INTRO

Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is one of the key male hormones in sexual development, it is partially responsible for facial hair and genital development

Obviously, this is a hormone that we want to maximise due to its positive effects (or at least strong associations) related to dimorphism:
- Dramatic increases to penis size [Source]
- Deeper voice [Source]
- Facial hair growth [Source]
- Muscle growth [Source]

According to conventional wisdom, DHT is the cause of male pattern baldness (androgenic alopecia)

We know that DHT has something to do with hairloss, but the exact mechanism is not entirely understood

So there is a double-edged sword that balding men face, where balding may have negative impacts on their face, but anti-balding treatment (Finasteride, Minoxodil) have negative impacts on their DHT levels

… what is one to do?

THE THEORY

Ever wondered why bald heads are so shiny? It is because they all have tight skin.

I’m making a great oversimplification here, but in essence; this
tight skin on the scalp causes [hypoxia], which, in theory, is the cause of male pattern baldness.

The scalp tightness, and resulting loss of blood flow to the hair follicles is caused by
chronic tension of the scalp perimeter muscles (see frontalis, occipital):

Researchers have even plotted the theoretical scalp pressure caused by this tension, and it presents a very similar pattern to the one seen in male androgenic alopecia [Source]:
BA57135F 2579 4716 BC01 951E7B8D3860

The cause of this is not entirely known, and there are likely genetic factors at play. Some researchers believe it is due to modern abnormal jaw development

(modern diet pill strikes yet again).

THE SOLUTION

How is one to relax these muscles?

The answer is botox, and it works for 75-80% of men with Male Pattern Baldness [Source].

Scalp massages to reduce tension are also likely effective.

What about DHT?

According to this model, the reason we see so much DHT in these balding scalps is because the conversion into DHT does not require oxygen, and these balding scalps lack oxygen anyway, thus DHT conversion is favoured in this environment…

CONCLUSION

No need to chemically castrate yourself to reduce baldness. Get scalp massages and botox instead.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: NoseProphecy, greywind, Orvka381 and 20 others
ok then why does hair loss stop when u inhibit dht then?

• +1
Reactions: NoseProphecy, Jəəyʣi, looksseg and 1 other person
dht has an effect on inflammation, one of the markers of AA

however, it isn’t really the root cause, which is why you don’t see regrowth

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: NoseProphecy, datboijj and lowiqNormie
because dht is still the problem but if the scalp isn't pressured the hair still has room to breathe i think (based on this theory at least)

• +1
Reactions: weebcel, datboijj and mvp2v1

why would you see regrowth anyway? cope dht causes balding

• +1
Reactions: truecel12

dht strangle ur hair making it lack nutrients

why would you see regrowth anyway? cope dht causes balding
fym why would you see regrowth you don’t see regrowth with dht inhibitors

botox treatment gives regrowth in 75-80% of balding men…

because dht is still the problem but if the scalp isn't pressured the hair still has room to breathe i think (based on this theory at least)
kinda, low oxygen favours conversion from testosterone to DHT, because other ones (e.g T —> estradiol) require oxygen

also it’s possible that low bloodflow has a direct cause of hairloss, because hair requires bloodflow to grow back to the same length

there’s a lot of chicken and egg questions however, the underlying mechanism isn’t truly known

• +1
Reactions: lowiqNormie and nofap
i was gonna make a thread on this.
Scalp tension is the reason for baldness, it reduces blood flow to the scalp and causes dht to build up and get trapped in the scalp.

Multiple people have reported that fin/dut made their scalp more loose/pliable, this is because inhibiting dht causes the muscles too relax and stop being chronically contracted

I’ve found that Magnesium oil makes my scalp way more loose and flexible and gets rid of the dredded so called “dht itch” because it relaxes the muscles in the scalp and gets rid of calfication

• +1
Reactions: Orvka381, FutureSlayer and Nameless King
i was gonna make a thread on this.
Scalp tension is the reason for baldness, it reduces blood flow to the scalp and causes dht to build up and get trapped in the scalp.

Multiple people have reported that fin/dut made their scalp more loose/pliable, this is because inhibiting dht causes the muscles too relax and stop being chronically contracted

I’ve found that Magnesium oil makes my scalp way more loose and flexible and gets rid of the dredded so called “dht itch” because it relaxes the muscles in the scalp and gets rid of calfication
surprised not many people are talking about it tbh, i would never want to take a DHT inhibitor if i were balding

• +1
Reactions: nofap
Cant we do microneedling for removing scalp tension?
It's cheap and easily available.

surprised not many people are talking about it tbh, i would never want to take a DHT inhibitor if i were balding
You don’t have a choice unfortunately, some people’s hair/scalp health is so far gone that only dut will stop their mpb.

A scalp like this is so expanded/ tight and inflamed that only dht blockers will help if it all.

ive-been-losing-my-hair-significantly-since-2020-scalp-is-v0-gjoh7yktxaia1.jpg

Scalp massages are cope btw, i did them for 11 months and it did nothing, because it doesn’t permanently relax the scalp muscles for a sufficient amount of time. Botox only works temporarily and the effects wear off after 2/3 rounds and your scalp muscles start to become chronically contracted again.

• +1
Reactions: looksseg and AySab
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, ominion, sportsmogger and 1 other person
Disclaimer: This theory is not presented as fact, however it has strong scientific support and is becoming increasingly prevalent in contemporary research.

INTRO

Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) is one of the key male hormones in sexual development, it is partially responsible for facial hair and genital development

Obviously, this is a hormone that we want to maximise due to its positive effects (or at least strong associations) related to dimorphism:
- Deeper voice [Source]
- Muscle growth [Source]

According to conventional wisdom, DHT is the cause of male pattern baldness (androgenic alopecia)

We know that DHT has something to do with hairloss, but the exact mechanism is not entirely understood

So there is a double-edged sword that balding men face, where balding may have negative impacts on their face, but anti-balding treatment (Finasteride, Minoxodil) have negative impacts on their DHT levels

… what is one to do?

THE THEORY

Ever wondered why bald heads are so shiny? It is because they all have tight skin.

tight skin on the scalp causes [hypoxia], which, in theory, is the cause of male pattern baldness.

The scalp tightness, and resulting loss of blood flow to the hair follicles is caused by

Researchers have even plotted the theoretical scalp pressure caused by this tension, and it presents a very similar pattern to the one seen in male androgenic alopecia [Source]:
View attachment 2850693

The cause of this is not entirely known, and there are likely genetic factors at play. Some researchers believe it is due to modern abnormal jaw development

THE SOLUTION

The answer is botox, and it works for 75-80% of men with Male Pattern Baldness [Source].

What about DHT?

According to this model, the reason we see so much DHT in these balding scalps is because the conversion into DHT does not require oxygen, and these balding scalps lack oxygen anyway, thus DHT conversion is favoured in this environment…

CONCLUSION

No need to chemically castrate yourself to reduce baldness. Get scalp massages and botox instead.
HighIQ, not even balding but good thread bro.

• Love it
Reactions: Nameless King
Cant we do microneedling for removing scalp tension?
It's cheap and easily available.
not sure that’s how micro needling works, it is probably best used in tandem with regular scalp massaging

You don’t have a choice unfortunately, some people’s hair/scalp health is so far gone that only dut will stop their mpb.

A scalp like this is so expanded/ tight and inflamed that only dht blockers will help if it all.

ive-been-losing-my-hair-significantly-since-2020-scalp-is-v0-gjoh7yktxaia1.jpg

Scalp massages are cope btw, i did them for 11 months and it did nothing, because it doesn’t permanently relax the scalp muscles for a sufficient amount of time. Botox only works temporarily and the effects wear off after 2/3 rounds and your scalp muscles start to become chronically contracted again.

scalp massages are not cope at all, you probably weren’t doing it correctly

[Source]

scalp massages are not cope at all, you probably weren’t doing it correctly

[Source]
I did do them correctly.
was on the perfect hair health forum for a year, the forum is from Rob English the biggest advocate of scalp massages.
Ive tried everything regarding scalp massages, and it’s cope

I did do them correctly.
was on the perfect hair health forum for a year, the forum is from Rob English the biggest advocate of scalp massages.
Ive tried everything regarding scalp massages, and it’s cope
not sure what to tell you bro

that study i linked tested a sample size of 100, and their massaging method was found to be effective for all…

not sure what to tell you bro

that study i linked tested a sample size of 100, and their massaging method was found to be effective for all…
The perfect hair health program is based on that excact study, everyone who was on the forum and did the scalp massages eventually went on Fin/min/dut.

Have you done scalp massages?

The perfect hair health program is based on that excact study, everyone who was on the forum and did the scalp massages eventually went on Fin/min/dut.

take it up with the researchers bro

nah never done them because i’m not balding

Yeah bro dht is safe, it doesn't cause hairloss, its the tight scalp skin bro!!:forcedsmile::forcedsmile:

Yeah bro dht is safe, it doesn't cause hairloss, its the tight scalp skin bro!!:forcedsmile::forcedsmile:
did you even glance at any of the studies? :feelshaha:

have fun castrating yourself of one of the most anabolic hormones for fun i guess

• +1
Reactions: gymislife
If it was all down to not massaging your scalp then women would go bald just as much as men. greycel tier explanation

• +1
Reactions: looksseg and pneumocystosis

INTRO

- Deeper voice [Source]
- Muscle growth [Source]

… what is one to do?

THE THEORY

View attachment 2850693

THE SOLUTION

What about DHT?

CONCLUSION

People here are responding to this with "if dht isn't the culprit then why is inhibiting it effective at stopping hairloss" witch is a valid argument and you refute them with "well if it is dht then why does botox stop hairloss". It is obvious that both dht and scalp tension cause hairloss. We also know that the tendancy of experiencing hairloss is largely genetically determined. Some people might have a very tense scalp and thus will react well to botox treatment while others could have a very high concentration of ar and 5ar in the scalp. In those lowering dht with and using a anti androgen will be much more effective. Meachanism behind hairloss hasnt been completly elucidated, everything is just theories but it baffles me how people lack nuence and argue of stuff that we simply dont know enough about (not talking about you necceserly just in general)

• +1
If it was all down to not massaging your scalp then women would go bald just as much as men. greycel tier explanation
muh i’m just gonna ignore the studies and ignore the fact that skull shape plays a role in skin tightness because muh im not smart enough to understand that men and women are different:feelsgood::feelsgood::feelswah:

• JFL
Reactions: Pepe and owlofathena
@PseudoMaxxer

• +1
Reactions: PseudoMaxxer
People here are responding to this with "if dht isn't the culprit then why is inhibiting it effective at stopping hairloss" witch is a valid argument and you refute them with "well if it is dht then why does botox stop hairloss". It is obvious that both dht and scalp tension cause hairloss. We also know that the tendancy of experiencing hairloss is largely genetically determined. Some people might have a very tense scalp and thus will react well to botox treatment while others could have a very high concentration of ar and 5ar in the scalp. In those lowering dht with and using a anti androgen will be much more effective. Meachanism behind hairloss hasnt been completly elucidated, everything is just theories but it baffles me how people lack nuence and argue of stuff that we simply dont know enough about (not talking about you necceserly just in general)
that’s not really how i responded though…

i presented many studies that all support the theory that low oxygen presence causes an overproduction of DHT in the scalp region

it’s your choice whether you want to stop the chain of events at the source (tight scalp), or place an ineffective band-aid on the problem which castrates your dimorphic hormones

one of those choices is effective, one of them isn’t…

it would be like if someone was overweight and you told them to surgically remove the fat rather than changing the underlying process that causes the problem, too many calories

• +1
Reactions: nofap and Driler
muh i’m just gonna ignore the studies and ignore the fact that skull shape plays a role in skin tightness because muh im not smart enough to understand that men and women are different:feelsgood::feelsgood::feelswah:
If you have a shorter forehead you will just have a lower hairline but you can still lose hair/thinning

2024 and niggas are still coping with this scalp tension bs

honestly you guys deserve to be perma virgin subhumans

• +1
Reactions: Dontknowan, cyprian_tomaszewski and robtical
If you have a shorter forehead you will just have a lower hairline but you can still lose hair/thinning
forehead length and forehead strain are two entirely different things bro

• +1
Reactions: owlofathena
2024 and niggas are still coping with this scalp tension bs

honestly you guys deserve to be perma virgin subhumans
how is it cope if it is effective for 80% of bald men throughout four different studies?…

i don’t understand what makes people so close-minded

how is it cope if it is effective for 80% of bald men throughout four different studies?…

Look dermarolling can help regrow hair but it won't magically get you a new hairline. The only true ways are hair transplant and either oral finasteride or topical.

Look dermarolling can help regrow hair but it won't magically get you a new hairline. The only true ways are hair transplant and either oral finasteride or topical.
this thread isn’t even about dermarolling?

also finasteride is only effective at stopping balding, it is known to be ineffective for regrowth

• +1
Reactions: owlofathena
The scalp tension theory is the most stupid theory that there is, there is no NO SCIENTIFIC BASE to IT

you and you theory is very stupid

-- dr. Nickga

• +1
Reactions: urukhaiascension
If scalp massages fixed MPB then literal cavemen would have figured it out by now. Throughout the 10s of thousands of years of Human existence someone would have figured out that they could massage their hair scalp and stop balding. If this were true humans would have literally split atoms and traveled to the moon before we figured out that we could rub our scalp and grow hair.

• +1
Reactions: robtical
The amount of retards in this forum is ridiculously high

• +1
Reactions: TruestTruecel, cyprian_tomaszewski, marek937 and 3 others
source: believe me

• +1
Reactions: robtical

this thing has been debunked for like 50 years by now. 4 bs studies are nothing, there are decades worth of papers describing the hormonal nature of MPB.

This post is ridiculous and you have no understanding of basic biology. ''DHT conversion doesn't need oxygen'' :feelsuhh:

you know what doesn't need oxygen to work? A dead tissue, which is exactly what you'd see if there was some lack of oxygen or bloodflow in any part of your body (it's called necrosis).

• +1
Reactions: looksseg and robtical
this thing has been debunked for like 50 years by now. 4 bs studies are nothing, there are decades worth of papers describing the hormonal nature of MPB.

This post is ridiculous and you have no understanding of basic biology. ''DHT conversion doesn't need oxygen'' :feelsuhh:

you know what doesn't need oxygen to work? A dead tissue, which is exactly what you'd see if there was some lack of oxygen or bloodflow in any part of your body (it's called necrosis).
“4 bs studies”

soo… are you gonna explain why they’re bs? or are you just denying them for the heck of it? cause it’s hard to argue with results

“been debunked for 50 years”

this theory hasn’t even been fully developed for 20 years?…

you have no idea how dumb you look right now…

do you wanna go ahead and explain to me why T -> DHT conversion is oxygen dependent because the world of biology would love to hear your groundbreaking new ideas

“a dead tissue doesn’t need oxygen”

ok i don’t even know what the fuck you are trying to say here

are you referring to scar tissue? because scar tissue developing on the scalp (parafollicular fibrosis) is a key part of this theory, and hair cannot grow on scar tissue…..

don’t know why i waste my time replying to people like you

• +1
The scalp tension theory is the most stupid theory that there is, there is no NO SCIENTIFIC BASE to IT

you and you theory is very stupid

-- dr. Nickga

“NO SCIENTIFIC BASE”

bro just say you’re too lazy to read the scientific research that was conveniently linked in the article for you

if you wanna go ahead and explain why relaxing scalp perimeter muscles has been shown to be effective in regrowing hair (something which finasteride and minoxodil are ineffective at) with ANY OTHER THEORY, i would love to hear your thoughts… :feelshaha:

if you wanna go ahead and explain why relaxing scalp perimeter muscles has been shown to be effective in regrowing hair (something which finasteride and minoxodil are ineffective at):feelshaha:
Proof? Minoxidil os very effective in regrowing hair

• +1
Reactions: TruestTruecel

Did you ever experiment with the alternative massage techniques? (Brush and pinch only) I’ve found my scalp is much more loose with that method than Rob’s classic approach

Cope.

You have to choose between working dick or full head of hair

the pressure on the hair follicles is buffered by the subcutaneous fat tissue and young dermis that is capable of keeping itself well hydrated. As one ages, thickness of the subcutaneous fat tissue and the volume of the dermis decreases that is, the buffer decreases and consequently the pressure on the hair follicles increases. So if you inject fat into the scalp it will stop hairloss, in women estrogen keeps this fat stable.

• +1
Reactions: Nameless King
Proof? Minoxidil os very effective in regrowing hair

wouldn’t call it “very effective”, but if you find a good study on it which says otherwise i’d be happy to change my mind

keep in mind minoxodil isn’t the same as finasteride, the mechanism isn’t very well understood

funny thing is, it’s plausible that minox actually works by increasing bloodflow, which supports the scalp tension theory

regardless, you have dodged my question (“how else would you explain the findings of botox triggering hair regrowth”) and haven’t supported your (evidently false) claim that there is “no scientific basis”

the pressure on the hair follicles is buffered by the subcutaneous fat tissue and young dermis that is capable of keeping itself well hydrated. As one ages, thickness of the subcutaneous fat tissue and the volume of the dermis decreases that is, the buffer decreases and consequently the pressure on the hair follicles increases. So if you inject fat into the scalp it will stop hairloss, in women estrogen keeps this fat stable.
interesting.. this is definitely another factor at play here

• +1
Reactions: Obamalama
Cool, but how do you go around asking for botox treatment on your head?

• JFL
Reactions: Obamalama
Cool, but how do you go around asking for botox treatment on your head?
You just ask for it, it is a known procedure already being done everywhere. this phaggot OP isn’t the first one who thought about this or invented it.