You might not need SARPE (SARPE vs Segmented Lefort 1)

D

Deleted member 20064

I gave up love and happiness a long time ago
I AM NOT A DOCTOR DO AT YOUR OWN RISK

Introduction:

Mean age is 24.9 +-9.7.

Facts:
SARPE has around 46% skeletal expansion .

42% of patients have a relapse of 2mm, and 22% chance of relapse >3mm.
This is similar to multi-segmented lefort 1.

Conclusion:
5-6mm of expansion can be done in segmented lefort 1 (two-piece lefort or three-piece)
>6mm is recommended for SARPE
(Chamberland, 2012)

However, this surgery is a lot riskier than SARPE as it can cause asceptic necrosis which is serious.

Complete Le Fort I osteotomy for palatal distraction and maxilla repositioning and

(Figure 1: Complete-Le-Fort-I-osteotomy-for-palatal-distraction-and-maxilla-repositioning)

Source(s):

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
fuck, wouldn't surprise me if I got up to 2mm relapse because my device became lose 3 times after the one month mark, had to have it retightened twice with month long gaps in between

The improvement I got brought my palate from subhuman to average tho so I can't complain, upper and lower fit together nicely so more expansion probably would've messed with my bite more

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and Deleted member 20064
fuck, wouldn't surprise me if I got up to 2mm relapse because my device became lose 3 times after the one month mark, had to have it retightened twice with month long gaps in between

The improvement I got brought my palate from subhuman to average tho so I can't complain, upper and lower fit together nicely so more expansion probably would've messed with my bite more
Someone that got 10mm+ mse says if he were to do it again he would do 40-60 turns. Which is also the limit for segmented lefort 1. Meta?

Last edited:
you do realize you'll look horribly deformed, apelike, and bloated from this right. you will never have any lean face again.

you do realize you'll look horribly deformed, apelike, and bloated from this right. you will never have any lean face again.
wdym how?