You should be scared of stagnation

Kingcel32

Kingcel32

Solstice
This is the ultimate motivator in life. Being scared of not doing anything. Being terrified that you will make no progress to the goals you set. Fearing that you will be in the same place you are now in six months. If you internalize this fear of being a failure, more than fearing rejection and pain, this will give you the discipline and consistency that others struggle to get. You will realize that suffering and pain as necessary facts of success, instead of problems that must be avoided. You will consider comfort, pleasure, as temporary rewards, not normal living. This is what separates great men from the average.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, CristianT, Deleted member 19896 and 8 others
This is the ultimate motivator in life. Being scared of not doing anything. Being terrified that you will make no progress to the goals you set. Fearing that you will be in the same place you are now in six months. If you internalize this fear of being a failure, more than fearing rejection and pain, this will give you the discipline and consistency that others struggle to get. You will realize that suffering and pain as necessary facts of success, instead of problems that must be avoided. You will consider comfort, pleasure, as temporary rewards, not normal living. This is what separates great men from the average.
Well said

• +1
Reactions: Kingcel32
I work everyday and im still stagnated jfl
Put it this way. You can either work and see some improvement, or don't work and see none. If you care about wanting to live your best life, then you have to put in some input in order to get it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8608
Workin' on a weekend like usual
Way off in the deep end like usual

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: ALP and Kingcel32
how do i learn to fear stagnation? even if i fear it, i have no drive yet i want to do many things. i am stuck thinking "oh i want to do this" and doing research but never applying it

• +1
Good thread but are you taking your own advice?

• +1
how do i learn to fear stagnation? even if i fear it, i have no drive yet i want to do many things. i am stuck thinking "oh i want to do this" and doing research but never applying it
This is how I learned. I look at two of my future selves. One is a rich, intelligent, and much better looking version of me, while the second version is an inept and beer gutted wageslave. Obviously, if I could choose my future, I would choose the first one over the second one, and the thing is I can. If I do the things I don't want to do (workout, study, skincare, etc) that is improving the chances I will be the first version of myself, but if I don't the things I don't want to do, I will DEFINITELY end up as the second version of myself. It is not that I KNOW that if I work hard I will become that first version of myself, but simply knowing that if I don't do anything I will certainly become the second version of myself is enough motivation. That is how I motivate myself.

Basically just don't think about it and just start. Start with the gym.

I didn't approach a single girl today and that's how I'm feeling.

• +1
Good thread but are you taking your own advice?
Yes, I have come far from where I started a year ago. I workout five times a week, and do fencing three of those days aswell. I have developed a skincare routine. I am currently on a caloric deficit but do to budget constraints it's not the best, but still it's something. I also dedicate a minimum of two hours learning more about my major, and reading various books about history, psychology, politics, etc. Of course there are still some things I can improve on. Right now it's finding better ways to replace videogames, as reading while I find entertaining is hard to keep up with while still retaining that information. However I have been having some luck with this website tbh. I've kind of been using it as a place to put some of my thoughts and philosophies down, and see what other people think about it. This helps me better formulate opinions in a more logical and consistent way.

However the only problem with this is that this website has a lot of nihilism in it. I can understand why, but it's something I just fundamentally disagree with. Life is what you make of it at the end of the day. You must create your own meaning in life, giving up just because you've been dealt a bad hand is an unfortunate waste of your potential.

• +1
Reactions: koalendo