3D Printed PSI Facial Implants made of Bone-like Material that becomes Your Own Bone; CT-Bone???

PenileFacialSurgery

PenileFacialSurgery

Kraken
(Edit:
Found it,
Xilloc Patient Specific
Custom 3D Printed Real-Bone Implants

CT-Bone,
“becomes your own bone”

but is it good???
More information below)

There were threads years ago about this on Sluthate and Lookism about some type of organic bone material, that is implanted into your face, that can eventually become your own bone. Not your own bone or a donors.

It was meant for old people, or deformed people, and was supposedly in the works of being developed. I’m not sure if it was finished, I can’t find it since Sluthate was taken down.

Are their Sluthate archives of all the good threads? So much useful information, a lot better than here.

Anyone know of this? Any news or info on this?

Edit:

CT-Bone®: real bone from the 3D Printer

Patients requiring skeletal augmentation, for example those with facial asymmetry resulting from either trauma or congenital defects, would be helped best with a bony implant made to match their anatomy. Typical bone augmentation implants are made from alloplastic materials (like PEEK or titanium) or the patient’s own bone is cut and repositioned. CT-Bone® is a bone-like customized implant that can be 3D printed and is converted to real bone by the patient.
3D printed CT-Bone implant for mandible augmentation

3D printed CT-Bone implant for mandible augmentation
3D printed CT-Bone implant for zygoma augmentation

3D printed CT-Bone implant for zygoma augmentation
After taking a CT-scan of the patient, a patient-specific implant is designed by our biomedical engineers in collaboration with the surgeon. This design perfectly fits on the anatomy of the patient, ensuring good bone-to-implant contact and facilitating bony ingrowth. The design is 3D printed in calcium phosphate, the main constituent of natural bone. The 3D printing process has a very high accuracy, resulting in implants that fit perfectly onto the bone of the patient, as designed. Even very complex shapes and designs can be 3D printed; for example 3D printing enables the production of implants with engineered (controlled) porosity, similar to natural bone. When implanted, CT-Bone®unifies with the patient’s own bone in the next months.
ct-bone flow

From CT-scan to 3D model to patient-specific implant design
Unlike other 3D printed ceramics (like Hydroxyapatite or Beta-TCP), CT-Bone® does not require a thermal process (sintering) to increase mechanical strength and therefore also displays better bony fusion (sintering increases crystallinity which adversely affects biodegradability). Sintering also causes shrinkage of ceramics which results in a non-optimal fit. Since CT-Bone® does not require sintering it displays better bony fusion and is dimensionally stable, so it keeps a perfect fit.
Other manufacturing methods typically produce random porosity, whereas the process of 3D printing allows complex shapes and 100% interconnected porosity.
CT-Bone® is brought to you by Xilloc in collaboration with Next21 (Tokyo, Japan) and is awaiting regulatory approval under the new MDR in Europe.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: reptiles
Bone cement

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite, Deleted member 399 and PenileFacialSurgery
Bone cement
Its already a thing
I haven’t seen any posts here on it.

Any thoughts on it?

You think it would be more ideal than an implant or fillers?

Not in this decade

• +1
Reactions: FuckMyLife, randomvanish and Elias
I haven’t seen any posts here on it.

Any thoughts on it?

You think it would be more ideal than an implant or fillers?
Its quite uncommon, i dont think theres a single person in history who has got it for aesthetic reasons

Depends where you are putting it too. Zygos, maxilla, mandible would be bad areas if the patient is recessed. It would be better if they considered jaw surgery first and if they were unhappy with the result they can get it after.

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite and PenileFacialSurgery
Its quite uncommon, i dont think theres a single person in history who has got it for aesthetic reasons

Depends where you are putting it too. Zygos, maxilla, mandible would be bad areas if the patient is recessed. It would be better if they considered jaw surgery first and if they were unhappy with the result they can get it after.
Yeah, I can’t find anything on it for cosmetic reasons, but the thread on Sluthate, were for some future custom made bone cement implants or something like that specifically for aesthetics purposes.

• +1
Reactions: Elias
I think there were issues w the resorption of the bone material (the thing ur referring to isnt bone cement) and the fact that its hard to mimic good angularity/sharpness that one would want in implants w that material.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227, PenileFacialSurgery and Elias
I think there were issues w the resorption of the bone material (the thing ur referring to isnt bone cement) and the fact that its hard to mimic good angularity/sharpness that one would want in implants w that material.
It would be fairly easy for the forehead/browridge, but for zygos, mandible and the maxilla it would be difficult

• +1
Reactions: Chadelite and PenileFacialSurgery
It would be fairly easy for the forehead/browridge, but for zygos, mandible and the maxilla it would be difficult

i think some FTM clinics use it for the forehead area jfl. unless im falling for some shit meme, @PenileFacialSurgery i think Colonel was trying to reshape his skull thru thru a similar method.

• +1
Reactions: forwardgrowth, Deleted member 2227, PenileFacialSurgery and 1 other person
Smfh, do you know what it was called?

Anything similar or any other news and developments on it other it being a failure you know?

• +1
Reactions: PenileFacialSurgery
i think some FTM clinics use it for the forehead area jfl. unless im falling for some shit meme, @PenileFacialSurgery i think Colonel was trying to reshape his skull thru thru a similar method.
4B45EC47 9415 4BF8 A889 9B3093A59DF6

Link to the original before and after doesn’t exist anymore

A few others on skull reshaping that actually stil have links that work

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: aginghomo and curryslayerordeath
Do they have to get bone from the patient, ie their leg or hip?
“implant made to match their anatomy. Typical bone augmentation implants are made from alloplastic materials (like PEEK or titanium) or the patient’s own bone is cut and repositioned. CT-Bone® is a bone-like customized implant that can be 3D printed and is converted to real bone by the patient.”

• +1
“implant made to match their anatomy. Typical bone augmentation implants are made from alloplastic materials (like PEEK or titanium) or the patient’s own bone is cut and repositioned. CT-Bone® is a bone-like customized implant that can be 3D printed and is converted to real bone by the patient.”
That could be risky, there could be a chance your body would reject it

• +1
Do they have to get bone from the patient, ie their leg or hip?

the idea that place was using was creating implants from calcium phosphate, which was theorized to be integrated into "real bone" by the body's remodeling.

View attachment 370164

Link to the original before and after doesn’t exist anymore

A few others on skull reshaping that actually stil have links that work

interesting, i think there are some western docs (that mainly deal w feminization/maculinization) that do similar procedures

• +1
Reactions: PenileFacialSurgery and Elias
That could be risky, there could be a chance your body would reject it
Supposedly it would “match” to the patient, I have to read more on it, since it seems there’s a some recent news since 2018 and 2019 at least.

You can still get them.

823B9D4B CDE2 4B44 A039 3911CC36BCB8

Have to read up on this.

Edit: nevermind pretty sure these are their other custom implants but I’m not sure.

Last edited:
  • +1
Bone cement
TBH, this is the only true onlay augmentation of bone. Unfortunately its hard to shape. But you can get rigid HA implants with CustomBone from Finceramica.

• +1
TBH, this is the only true onlay augmentation of bone. Unfortunately its hard to shape. But you can get rigid HA implants with CustomBone from Finceramica.

And which surgeons are willing to use these materials?

• +1
And which surgeons are willing to use these materials?
No clue. Some surgeons in Italy. Eppley only uses HA cemenet paste. Not rigid HA.

The material is too brittle, plus it will resorb over time. It is also very rigid which makes placing these implants difficult.

• +1
The material is too brittle, plus it will resorb over time. It is also very rigid which makes placing these implants difficult.
Smh, brutal...

where did you read of this? On the website?

I want to print new skull.

• +1
  • +1
my surgeon said they finished studies on this on animals and theyre testing in humans now. my surgeon will start using it next year